03-21-2013 02:49 PM
46 12
tools
    So I just tried flashing Beans 11 build and it says that exchange has stopped working. Does this mean I can't have an exchange email acct in this build? I also can't post in the forum at xda site because im not a dev. So any answers would be great!! I'm just gonna restore back to CleanRom. FTW!!!
    03-10-2013 08:19 PM
    So I just tried flashing Beans 11 build and it says that exchange has stopped working. Does this mean I can't have an exchange email acct in this build? I also can't post in the forum at xda site because im not a dev. So any answers would be great!! I'm just gonna restore back to CleanRom. FTW!!!
    Before flashing did you wipe data and dalvik cache

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    03-10-2013 09:13 PM
    Before flashing did you wipe data and dalvik cache

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Yep. I flashed it per your directions given to me the other night. Dont get me wrong I'm happy with the CleanRom you suggested. Just wanted to check out/compare differences. Pretty proud of myself for the nandroid backup of CleanRom, flashing Beans 11, then restoring back to CleanRom when it wasnt working correctly. I must have had a good teacher!

Have you heard anything about the 11 Beans Build?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-10-2013 09:29 PM
    Good teacher? Meh.
    03-11-2013 12:53 PM
    Did you come from CleanROM to Beans Build 11? If so, you have to do a full wipe => Factory Wipe/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe. Otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to have issues.

I'm on Build 11, running Exchange with no issues. You can use your new flashing skills and give it another try!
    03-12-2013 09:23 AM
    Did you come from CleanROM to Beans Build 11? If so, you have to do a full wipe => Factory Wipe/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe. Otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to have issues.

I'm on Build 11, running Exchange with no issues. You can use your new flashing skills and give it another try!
    Thanks for the heads up.

1. How did you answer the Exchange question in Aroma when you flashed?
    2. Factory reset removes everything from the phone and you have to start over (ie, Apps, Accts, etc.)?
    3. Do i wipe in the order you posted?
    03-12-2013 09:37 AM
    1. How did you answer the Exchange question in Aroma when you flashed?
    Just make sure you select the option WITH Exchange Security enabled. I'm not sure this is required, but that's what I went with and it works.

2. Factory reset removes everything from the phone and you have to start over (ie, Apps, Accts, etc.)?
    Correct. Use Titanium Backup (or something similar) to back up your app data and restore them once you are back up and running on your new ROM. Don't backup or restore System Data, just do the app data for the apps you use (non-google apps, those will be restored automatically). There are links here on Android Central, like this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-easy-way.html

that walk you through using TiBu. There is an app for backing up your text messages as well if you want/need to, I'm not sure what app it is, I never bother saving text messages. Your accounts for Gmail, Play Store, etc (anything Google-related) should be backed up automatically through Google anyway, other than Facebook and Twitter, which you will simply need to add again.

3. Do i wipe in the order you posted?
    Yes. But check the ROM thread on XDA anyway, the developers always give you instructions on how to correctly flash the ROM.

Good luck, any questions ask away.
    03-12-2013 10:39 AM
    Just make sure you select the option WITH Exchange Security enabled. I'm not sure this is required, but that's what I went with and it works.

Correct. Use Titanium Backup (or something similar) to back up your app data and restore them once you are back up and running on your new ROM. Don't backup or restore System Data, just do the app data for the apps you use (non-google apps, those will be restored automatically). There are links here on Android Central, like this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-easy-way.html

that walk you through using TiBu. There is an app for backing up your text messages as well if you want/need to, I'm not sure what app it is, I never bother saving text messages. Your accounts for Gmail, Play Store, etc (anything Google-related) should be backed up automatically through Google anyway, other than Facebook and Twitter, which you will simply need to add again.

Yes. But check the ROM thread on XDA anyway, the developers always give you instructions on how to correctly flash the ROM.

Good luck, any questions ask away.
    Thanks man! Will check it out at lunch.
    03-12-2013 10:45 AM
    Thanks man! Will check it out at lunch.
    No problem.
    03-12-2013 10:50 AM
    No problem.
    So will the free version of TiBu do everything I need or should I get the Pro Key too?
    03-12-2013 11:06 AM
    So will the free version of TiBu do everything I need or should I get the Pro Key too?
    You should be ok with the free version. But TiBu is a great app, so you may end up paying for the Pro version eventually anyway. I don't even remember what additional advantage you get, I purchased it so long ago I can't remember anymore!
    03-12-2013 11:12 AM
    So in the TiBu link above, The first thing it says is '2. Menu > Preferences > App processing mode > AUTO Direct (Should be this by default anyway)' I don't see this anywhere under menu. Help!!
    03-12-2013 11:48 AM
    I'm on the road sorry. Try posting in that thread you may get a quicker answer.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    03-12-2013 12:01 PM
    So in the TiBu link above, The first thing it says is '2. Menu > Preferences > App processing mode > AUTO Direct (Should be this by default anyway)' I don't see this anywhere under menu. Help!!
    Were you able to figure things out?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    03-13-2013 05:57 AM
    Were you able to figure things out?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I was able to find the option above. It does come as default. However the directions in the link I don't think have been updated in a while. There have been numerous versions pushed since originally posted. Its kind of difficult to follow. I think I figured it out but not 100% sure on it. Should I or shouldn't I back all my Apps? Not just the ones that have user data?
    03-13-2013 08:18 AM
    I was able to find the option above. It does come as default. However the directions in the link I don't think have been updated in a while. There have been numerous versions pushed since originally posted. Its kind of difficult to follow. I think I figured it out but not 100% sure on it. Should I or shouldn't I back all my Apps? Not just the ones that have user data?
    Do all your apps but not any of the google apps. Google apps will get reloaded automatically when you flash the ROM.And don't do system data.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    03-13-2013 08:29 AM
    Do all your apps but not any of the google apps. Google apps will get reloaded automatically when you flash the ROM.And don't do system data.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Sounds good running it now. Does Apex get backed up in itself? I dont wanna have to set up all my folders/screens/settings again. Only reason I asked is because it wasn't in my list of apps to be backed up.
    03-13-2013 08:33 AM
    Sounds good running it now. Does Apex get backed up in itself? I dont wanna have to set up all my folders/screens/settings again. Only reason I asked is because it wasn't in my list of apps to be backed up.
    Apex has a setting that allows you to back up your Apex settings. I use Nova, so im not sure exactly where the setting is for apex but I know its there. In nova it's called backup and import.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-2013 09:47 AM
    Apex has a setting that allows you to back up your Apex settings. I use Nova, so im not sure exactly where the setting is for apex but I know its there. In nova it's called backup and import.

Yep. It's there, I've gotten it back up. It suck that it doesn't save any of the widgets. Pretty bogus. But I believe that my widgets in Zooper are actually backed up through TiBu correct?
    03-13-2013 09:55 AM
    Yep. It's there, I've gotten it back up. It suck that it doesn't save any of the widgets. Pretty bogus. But I believe that my widgets in Zooper are actually backed up through TiBu correct?
    Yep. I believe that is correct.

03-13-2013 10:41 AM
    Yep. I believe that is correct.

So funny story. Went through everything. Restored from TiBu, restored the XML's, restored from Apex, and replaced my widgets. I was looking at it and was thinking "Damn this is pretty awesome!". Went to answer my desk phone and the phone locked. Couldn't unlock my phone because I forgot to disable the ripple effect and changed the lock screen to the AOSP one. Definitely need mor coffeeeeee!
    03-13-2013 11:04 AM
    So funny story. Went through everything. Restored from TiBu, restored the XML's, restored from Apex, and replaced my widgets. I was looking at it and was thinking "Damn this is pretty awesome!". Went to answer my desk phone and the phone locked. Couldn't unlock my phone because I forgot to disable the ripple effect and changed the lock screen to the AOSP one. Definitely need mor coffeeeeee!
    Tell that person who called never to bother you when doing a restore! Geez! Glad you got everything all worked out.
    03-13-2013 12:12 PM
    Tell that person who called never to bother you when doing a restore! Geez! Glad you got everything all worked out.
    I run a helpdesk. Impossible. I do like putting people on hold and letting them listen to awesome 40 minute flute solos!
    lpt2569 likes this.
    03-13-2013 01:02 PM
    I run a helpdesk. Impossible. I do like putting people on hold and letting them listen to awesome 40 minute flute solos!
    Nice!

When you get a chance, post a screenshot of your homepage once you get it all set up. Let's see your work in all it's glory!
    03-13-2013 01:06 PM
    To this topic... I have a quick quesiton or should I say, YOUR recommendation...

1. I have a rooted OG GNex, Backed up with TiBu
    2. I'm waiting on my GNote 2 (ETA tomorrow) to come in..
    3. My intention is to throw a 32Gb SD card in it, Root & Install Beans 11
    4. My question is...Given the new platfrom, should I just REINSTALL all my apps and not worry about the content & settings, or do a RESTORE of the Apps from TiBu..?

Thoughts...? and thanks for your input...
    03-20-2013 03:59 PM
46 12