Can I flash a Verizon PRL if I have an alltel plan on Verizon?

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an alltel prl, 14014, on my note 2 with verizon. While out of state earlier this week I was fighting my phone because it thought I was leaving the US for some reason. Ive never had a problem like this before and 2 of my friends that were with me had the same problem with alltel plans. The verizon plan people were fine.

Curious if I can manually install the Verizon prl to rid myself of this problem while traveling. I have no clue where to start though. Im rooted and still running the stock rom. Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an alltel prl, 14014, on my note 2 with verizon. While out of state earlier this week I was fighting my phone because it thought I was leaving the US for some reason. Ive never had a problem like this before and 2 of my friends that were with me had the same problem with alltel plans. The verizon plan people were fine.

Curious if I can manually install the Verizon prl to rid myself of this problem while traveling. I have no clue where to start though. Im rooted and still running the stock rom. Thanks

The phone didn't work or just giving you an error

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It worked kind of. Kept switching from 4g to 1x to no connection. I changed the network mode from global to late/cdma and it stabilized but I had to manually download every message I got and it was still showing as roaming.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It worked kind of. Kept switching from 4g to 1x to no connection. I changed the network mode from global to late/cdma and it stabilized but I had to manually download every message I got and it was still showing as roaming.

What is 'global data roaming' access set to?

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
As soon as I started connecting to the out of state tower my phone alerted me that traveling outside of the US would cost me extra and I accepted to allow access for data roaming.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I started connecting to the out of state tower my phone alerted me that traveling outside of the US would cost me extra and I accepted to allow access for data roaming.

Should have tried denying it since are not using vzw service anyway