Thoughts on AOSP roms

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to get some opinions on the stock Android experience. I've tried it many times and always find myself coming back to touchwiz. Despite the fact I honestly don't use the spen, multi-view, etc I still like having it. I'm thinking about giving it another shot. To those of you that are on CM, AOKP, etc care to share your experiences?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to get some opinions on the stock Android experience. I've tried it many times and always find myself coming back to touchwiz. Despite the fact I honestly don't use the spen, multi-view, etc I still like having it. I'm thinking about giving it another shot. To those of you that are on CM, AOKP, etc care to share your experiences?

What is it about stock Android that appeals to you

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know lol. I wanted to see what appeals about it to others.

I don't care much for the stock Android experience myself so I have not bothered loading one onto my note.

Stock doesn't have multi-window or s pen features. I can't use gestures like swiping the screen for screen shots. I can't use tw widgets like s planner. And I end up using a launcher from the market anyhow like next launcher and I can place that on top of my touch wiz system anyhow. "

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to see what appeals about it to others

I like the small footprint the AOSP ROMS have, meaning they are much smaller in size than a Stock/Touchwiz ROM, and seem to make the phones a bit more nimble/quick/responsive. Purely a subjective opinion based on my time running AOKP on my GNEX for many months.

And AOSP ROMS tend to have pretty awesome customizations not usually found on stock ROMS.

But I prefer to use the TW features on the Note, so I've stayed away from anything other than TW ROMS up to this point.