Qs on Jelly Beans ROM and its add-on kernel and modem

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Basically I know how to flash a ROM and what it does...but what does a modem and a kernel flash do for me.. and how do I install it? do i install it the same as a ROM? After wiping everything and installing the ROM, do I also flash the Kernel and modem in recovery? what do each do? and does it make a real difference? Again as always any help would be realty appreciated.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
With jelly beans the kernel is included with aroma installer. Most roms come with the kernel included. I don't know all the technical details but from what I understand different kernels use your processor in different ways to affect battery life and performance. With beans you can choose between 3 different ones depending on what kind of user you are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with this new rom , is only displaying 3g connection no 4g for some reason. I have jelly beans build 12, jellybeans kernel and the I605VRALL4 modem. I dint even know what the modern is abs I don't know if it is the latest. What about next time I want to flash another rom?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
For the 4g connection problem try turning your phone off, removing the sim for 30 seconds or so then putting it back in and restart your phone. As for future roms, read up on the one you're looking at. Like I said, most roms come with kernels bundles in. The op for that rom will state if a kernel is included.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, the problem is not the connection. I Know I have 4G connection,the problem is displaying the type of connection... It always - displays 3G even whenI know I'm running 4G

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech