JellyBeans ROM

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some of the utilities/programs in this toolkit [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock - xda-developers are OK for Verizon Note 2 but others I'd be leery of. Also many of the tools have functions that it's possible to do almost as easy without the toolkit. Like copying files from your phone to your pc. Or doing a backup of your rom setup after you install - a nandroid backup. That's easy to do from your TWRP recovery. And many of the tools in the toolkit are for the CWM recovery but the proper Adam Outler/Ralekdev unlock/root jailbreak installs TWRP recovery. Probably most of the functionality you can do safer for the Verizon phone on your own after searching the web, Android Central or xda.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Last edited:

Hodag57

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just found this site so if you resolved it my apology. I also couldn't access the SD card until I ran the Perseus kernel (instead of Sabre). Build 17 has the options to select Perseus with Perseus SD card swap.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I found a way for my PC to recognize my GN2 again. All I did was go into my Devices and Printers on my PC and found my phone in there as an unknown device. I right clicked on it and brought up properties, clicked on that and was able to delete the drivers from there. I then re downloaded the USB drivers from Samsung site unplugged my phone and re plugged it back in and BAM, my PC started to download all the drivers and such and my GN2 is being recognized again! :D So glad I was able to get this problem finally fixed. :)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I found a way for my PC to recognize my GN2 again. All I did was go into my Devices and Printers on my PC and found my phone in there as an unknown device. I right clicked on it and brought up properties, clicked on that and was able to delete the drivers from there. I then re downloaded the USB drivers from Samsung site unplugged my phone and re plugged it back in and BAM, my PC started to download all the drivers and such and my GN2 is being recognized again! :D So glad I was able to get this problem finally fixed. :)
Glad to hear you got it. Good tip to remember. Happy smartphoning!

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems with sound volume with this rom?I use Poweramp and I can't seem to get my volume very loud if i use the Perseus kernel??

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed today that with the change of the YouTube app it started locking up when I tried to watch a video. I noticed I was not alone in this. You can use titanium backup to remove the YouTube app, reboot then reinstall it from the play store.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else have issues with the MultiWindowControl app? Mine started acting screwy in build 17 or 16, I think. I dirty flashed 18 last night hoping it would solve the issue I'm having with it, but I still have the problem. When I select "Add applications", the app starts to freeze and then crashes. It has worked before, but I can't remember when it started doing this. Ugh lol

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't normally use multi-window but I turned it on just to see if it works. It seems to work fine for me. You might want to back up your apps with Titanium backup and do a clean install.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have hardly ever used it, but still would like to have it working for when I ever do find a use for it haha!

It's not really worth it to me to do a clean install. I think I'll live. Thanks!

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have hardly ever used it, but still would like to have it working for when I ever do find a use for it haha!

It's not really worth it to me to do a clean install. I think I'll live. Thanks!

Just in case anybody else runs into this problem, a clean install did fix this issue... BUT I had batch backed up my apps with TiBu, and when I restored, the problem reappeared, so watch out for that lol.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I dirty flashed 19 on the 2nd. It has been very stable so far. A lot of the custom menus were cleaned up and the additional options can be easily downloaded and installed now. There is a multi window option like in MS windows but I haven't tried it yet. It looks very cool but you need to set your phone to tablet mode. I think I will wait until beans can add it to our current ROM.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Jellybeans 20 dropped a couple days ago. It's running great on my note II.

I have really been using it for what it's worth. I'm doing some traveling and have put in two foreign SIM cards, one for Switzerland and one for London. Both using Orange networks and were easy to setup and pretty cheap. The London one was 15 pounds and is unlimited data.

Right now I am using the WiFi hotspot so I can type this on my laptop while my wife is also sharing to it on her GS4 avoiding roaming charges.

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else have issues with the MultiWindowControl app? Mine started acting screwy in build 17 or 16, I think. I dirty flashed 18 last night hoping it would solve the issue I'm having with it, but I still have the problem. When I select "Add applications", the app starts to freeze and then crashes. It has worked before, but I can't remember when it started doing this. Ugh lol

If you restore apps only, no data, I bet the issue would not come back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21