09-28-2013 07:41 PM
158 ... 567
tools
    Jellybeans is one of the most popular ROMs out there. It is known as one of the most stable and the creator is known to add new features as people ask him. There are many posts from users that try other ROMs and always come back to Jellybeans. With 1.8 million views it is very popular on XDA.

I have been using it since version 14. The best features I like it for are:

Memory swap: I use my 64GB Micro SD as the phone memory and the 8GB as the external.
    SIM Unlocked: I just went to Switzerland and London and used SIM cards from the countries to avoid roaming charges.
    Tab control: recently many options are controlled by tabs instead of re-flashing.
    Download control: many additional options can easily be downloaded and installed directly from the phone.

Im sure there are more that I use every day but just cant think of them at the moment.
    Nice. How did you format the 64GB External SD to FAT32? Which kernel option did you choose during Aroma installation phase?
    08-20-2013 07:03 PM
    i looked for someone to unlock my samsung galaxy s4 locked to metro pcs, no one could do it, these guys got me the code, and unlocked it successfully. Im well pleased. Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 | Network Unlock Code
    08-20-2013 11:49 PM
    Nice. How did you format the 64GB External SD to FAT32? Which kernel option did you choose during Aroma installation phase?
    You can format it in a PC with a card reader or in the phone itself. I haven't been stock in a while but I think you can still go into settings - Storage and scroll down to Format SD card. I never formatted my 64GB Sandisk card. I always use the stock kernel with SD swap.
    Trees likes this.
    08-21-2013 01:39 AM
    Quick question guys...

I plan on doing a clean wipe and upgrading from Jelly 14 to 21 this weekend... I downloaded 21 & 20 just incase.... my question is... how are you guys getting your app setting and all the custom look (background, groups, colors, etc...) back on the phone.

I've upgraded my ROM's about 4 times now and know matter what the condition, it seems like I always have to reset my custom settings... Just want to get your thoughts... and I use TB Pro as my backup app just incase you were wondering...

Thanks for any input you can provide...
    08-30-2013 03:22 PM
    Quick question guys...

I plan on doing a clean wipe and upgrading from Jelly 14 to 21 this weekend... I downloaded 21 & 20 just incase.... my question is... how are you guys getting your app setting and all the custom look (background, groups, colors, etc...) back on the phone.

I've upgraded my ROM's about 4 times now and know matter what the condition, it seems like I always have to reset my custom settings... Just want to get your thoughts... and I use TB Pro as my backup app just incase you were wondering...

Thanks for any input you can provide...
    The ROM settings usually stick if you dirty flash. If you do a full wipe your previous ROM settings will get wiped too.

I use Nova Launcher which let's you save your launcher settings and restore them after a ROM flash.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-2013 08:09 PM
    You can format it in a PC with a card reader or in the phone itself. I haven't been stock in a while but I think you can still go into settings - Storage and scroll down to Format SD card. I never formatted my 64GB Sandisk card. I always use the stock kernel with SD swap.
    Beanstown106 the developer recommends formatting external cards as FAT. Do an internet search for methods and tools to do so. Easeus Partition Master home version is free and effective formatter but uninstall it right after using it otherwise it pops up ads to buy other stuff.
    09-01-2013 01:43 AM
    Build 22 is out...
    09-28-2013 10:26 AM
    I have been running it for a couple days and its nice and stable.
    09-28-2013 07:41 PM
158 ... 567