JellyBeans ROM

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to believe he can improve much more on this rom.
Build 15 should drop today but will not be a whole lot different, mainly new radio. Build 16 will most likely be even better, the dev said he will be adding additional customizations in 16.

Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I dont understand why but the stability of every ROM i've used is pretty crappy.

It'll work fine for like 2-3 weeks and then blow up. Black screen, it wont turn on or do anything so then I have to reflash the ROM. This current time on Beans 14, it wouldn't even let me reflash from the original .zip file so I'm back to CleanRom which blew up and made me switch to the Beans ROM in the first place. It really makes me wanna just go back to stock. Does anyone have theses problems?? I really liked Beans 14 and I'd like to get it back but the entire process of backing (TiBu) everything up and building xml's for the call logs, texts, wifi etc. Is just a pain in the a**.

"One simply does not have time for such affairs!"

Is there a way to do scheduled backups of these things automatically? As in it does it in the background once a week in the middle of the night. If that could happen...GAME CHANGER...I wouldn't care about the stability of these ROM's. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So I dont understand why but the stability of every ROM i've used is pretty crappy.

It'll work fine for like 2-3 weeks and then blow up. Black screen, it wont turn on or do anything so then I have to reflash the ROM. This current time on Beans 14, it wouldn't even let me reflash from the original .zip file so I'm back to CleanRom which blew up and made me switch to the Beans ROM in the first place. It really makes me wanna just go back to stock. Does anyone have theses problems?? I really liked Beans 14 and I'd like to get it back but the entire process of backing (TiBu) everything up and building xml's for the call logs, texts, wifi etc. Is just a pain in the a**.

"One simply does not have time for such affairs!"

Is there a way to do scheduled backups of these things automatically? As in it does it in the background once a week in the middle of the night. If that could happen...GAME CHANGER...I wouldn't care about the stability of these ROM's. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

I have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Perhaps you can reflash and make sure you do all 4 wipes in TWRP: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system wipe (which completely wipes any existing ROM). If you still have issues it could be an app or apps causing your issues. Or if you are flashing themes etc that could cause issues too.

Paid version of TIBU has scheduled backups.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368056139376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368056139376.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 28

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
15 is up. I'm DL it now. Beans just uploaded it so it isn't on the main page. There is a link on page 1261 or post #12602.

Mine has been very stable or I wouldn't be posting good things about it.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
15 is up. I'm DL it now. Beans just uploaded it so it isn't on the main page. There is a link on page 1261 or post #12602.

Mine has been very stable or I wouldn't be posting good things about it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the OP over the weekend. Looks like the dev is going to clean it up a bit and post the new official build sometime over the next few days.

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced any of the issues you mention. Perhaps you can reflash and make sure you do all 4 wipes in TWRP: cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system wipe (which completely wipes any existing ROM). If you still have issues it could be an app or apps causing your issues. Or if you are flashing themes etc that could cause issues too.

Paid version of TIBU has scheduled backups.

I scheduled the backups for future use. Just have to come to grips with the fact that texts, wifi, and call logs will be lost. I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I scheduled the backups for future use. Just have to come to grips with the fact that texts, wifi, and call logs will be lost. I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.

There are tons of sms and call log backup apps.

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on beans 13 and haven't had any problems. The only time I had issues was on clean Rom when I restored data with titanium backup. Scott warns about that, it may have been the restoring of system data, but who knows.

If you are having problems, try a wipe and clean flash, don't restore anything, and slowly start reinstalling apps from the store. It's a huge PITA, but may help identify the source of the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm am going to reflash 14 now and wait for 15 over the weekend.

I'm still on beans 13 and haven't had any problems. The only time I had issues was on clean Rom when I restored data with titanium backup. Scott warns about that, it may have been the restoring of system data, but who knows.

If you are having problems, try a wipe and clean flash, don't restore anything, and slowly start reinstalling apps from the store. It's a huge PITA, but may help identify the source of the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 13 using Tapatalk 2

Best to wait a couple days for build 16, which should be a better build. B15 seems to have some minor bugs (seeing as this was built from scratch with the new 4.1.2 base), and if this phone and ROM are your daily driver, build 15 may not be for you.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Why never the external sd card?

Bootloop city. I've tried it and never had success.

Just to follow up on this, it seems as though many folks flash ROMS from the external SD Card with no issues. I guess I'm so used to doing it from internal with my Galaxy Nexus, and remember having bootloop issues with my Droid Charge and Fascinate when flashing from external, that I haven't even tried from the external SD Card with the Note. Anyway, I'm gonna do it this way when I flash Build 16 and see how it goes. I'll have Build14 on my internal just in case!

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just to follow up on this, it seems as though many folks flash ROMS from the external SD Card with no issues. I guess I'm so used to doing it from internal with my Galaxy Nexus, and remember having bootloop issues with my Droid Charge and Fascinate when flashing from external, that I haven't even tried from the external SD Card with the Note. Anyway, I'm gonna do it this way when I flash Build 16 and see how it goes. I'll have Build14 on my internal just in case!

I've never flashed from the internal SD card on my phone. Usually I don't have the available space to put the ROMs on it, anyway. I've never had a problem flashing from external. I don't wanna encourage you to do it and then your phone screw up, but I've never had a problem with it.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't wanna encourage you to do it and then your phone screw up, but I've never had a problem with it.

I ain't scurrrddd of a little trial and error!! I was a flash-a-holic with my Galaxy Nexus, had a different ROM and/or theme on my phone every few days. And in my experience, it's almost impossible to permanently brick these devices, as long as you have the knowledge and tools to get things back up and running. Been doing this stuff for a couple years now, in the early days I used to freak out thinking my phone was completely bricked, only to discover there is almost always a way back!

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I could tell you weren't a beginner lol. I was just telling you I've had no problems flashing from external, which it sounded like you had from a different phone!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Kingcarter72

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I believe i am stuck into boot animation. I purchased the GN2 used it was not rooted but had been prior . i found this out while trying to update the 4.1.2 OTA it booted into TWRP. I researched and seen that i needed to root then flash back to stock recovery. i however decided since i was rooted it might just be easier to flash a rom then back to stock recovery. i believe i done everything right. it is now currently stock on the animation boot for 10 min. i guess if you could help i would appreciate it greatly. oh also i am not a software engineer and may need it explained a lttle simpler. thank you for any help you can aid me with

Kingcarter72

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Also when i try to boot into TWRP it is not allowing me too anylonger. i am holding the power,center and volume down button but it takes me to a screen asking me if i want to run the custom rom and how performing this could mess the phone up. if i tell it to continue it seems to be stuck in a downloading mode. not sure if i should try this agian and allow it more time to download or is it stuck also.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe i am stuck into boot animation. I purchased the GN2 used it was not rooted but had been prior . i found this out while trying to update the 4.1.2 OTA it booted into TWRP. I researched and seen that i needed to root then flash back to stock recovery. i however decided since i was rooted it might just be easier to flash a rom then back to stock recovery. i believe i done everything right. it is now currently stock on the animation boot for 10 min. i guess if you could help i would appreciate it greatly. oh also i am not a software engineer and may need it explained a lttle simpler. thank you for any help you can aid me with

Also when i try to boot into TWRP it is not allowing me too anylonger. i am holding the power,center and volume down button but it takes me to a screen asking me if i want to run the custom rom and how performing this could mess the phone up. if i tell it to continue it seems to be stuck in a downloading mode. not sure if i should try this agian and allow it more time to download or is it stuck also.

Edit: let us know if you got things worked out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante