JellyBeans ROM

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got the notification that there is an update. I have never had a custom ROM with ota updates. Should I flash the new version or just download the ota?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got the notification that there is an update. I have never had a custom ROM with ota updates. Should I flash the new version or just download the ota?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You can download the ota and flash, should work fine. If any problems, just download the zip and flash.

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been running 16 since early this morning. I did have a couple lockups that required a battery pull. It looks like it is caused by the change in Super User programs. I downloaded SuperSU from the PlayStore and it has been running fine ever since. So far it looks like there is a big improvement on battery life.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been on it but a few hours, but I can definitely tell a huge difference in what was already phenomenal battery life! So smooth, and I dirty flashed it so it probably runs even better on the clean installs!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Did a clean flash last night, so far battery is definitely improved (I'm using the stock kernel), and everything is quick and smooth. Performance improvements all over the place! Good stuff.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The multi window control doesn't really work for me anymore, though. I can't add any app to it anymore. Is there a fix to this?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The multi window control doesn't really work for me anymore, though. I can't add any app to it anymore. Is there a fix to this?

There is a MultiWindowControl App in your app drawer (MWC), you can use this to add apps one at a time.

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is a MultiWindowControl App in your app drawer (MWC), you can use this to add apps one at a time.

I had seen and tried to use this, but I never saw them added, but when I restarted my phone, they all showed up (the ones I tried to add). I feel like a doofus for not trying to restart before asking that question haha! Thanks!!

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Since my post last night I was still getting lockups so I cleared all the caches and did a clean install. It hasn't locked up since. I really like this ROM.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of installing Jellybeans (JB). I'm stock Exynos rooted. First I plan to unlock using Adam Outler's & Ralekdev's jailbreak at XDA ([Jailbreak]No You Verizon - Root/Jailbreak/Recovery VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13 - xda-developers) and then install Jellybeans. After I jailbreak and before flashing JB can I nandroid backup my rooted stock setup so that I can perhaps restore to my rooted stock if want to some time in the future after flashing custom roms like Jellybeans? (Maybe as a base configuration between flashing custom roms, or just to have it in case of trouble). Also in the stock state (either before or after the jailbreak) can I back up my apps+data with Titanium and then restore them after I've installed Jellybeans?

Last edited:

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of installing Jellybean (JB). I'm stock Exynos rooted. First I plan to unlock using the Adam & Relakdev's jailbreak then install Jellybean. After I jailbreak and before flashing JB can I nandroid backup my rooted stock setup so that I can perhaps restore to my rooted stock if want to some time in the future after flashing custom roms like Jellybean? (Maybe as a base configuration between flashing custom roms, or just to have it in case of trouble). Also in the stock state (either before or after the jailbreak) can I back up my apps+data with Titanium and then restore them after I've installed Jellybean?

Yes, since you are rooted, you can backup your apps with Titanium. Don't backup any system data, this should all get restored through your google account once you reboot after flashing a ROM. Restoring system data from TiBu can cause major issues for your device.

And yes, its always a good idea to keep another ROM (in particular a stock-ish ROM) on your device just in case you need to revert back for some reason.

steps to take:
1. unlock the bootloader
2. backup apps with TiBu
3. flash a custom recovery (TWRP is recommended)
4. flash a custom ROM (follow the instructions from the developer for the ROM on how to flash)
5. restore apps with TiBu once you re-download TiBu from the Play Store (flashing a custom ROM will wipe your phone clean)

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed b16, and I was wondering if there was a way to change the battery and the time color from ICS blue to white? I can't post in the XDA forum yet.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed b16, and I was wondering if there was a way to change the battery and the time color from ICS blue to white? I can't post in the XDA forum yet.

You can change the battery color here:
settings>custom settings>xposed tweakbox>statusbar>clock color

FIRST: In order for these changes to take effect, you have to go into settings>custom settings>xposed framework installer>modules and check the box for xposed tweakbox [1.4.0].

Then you have to go to the framework tab and press "Install/Update", then reboot your phone. If the change doesn't seem to have worked, pull the notification shade down once, then back up. This seems to give the changes a little kick into taking effect.

I'm sure there are mods and/or themes out there somewhere that will give you the white battery, but as far as I know it's not part of the ROM or stock settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 65
  • screenshot_2.png
    screenshot_2.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 65

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, since you are rooted, you can backup your apps with Titanium. Don't backup any system data, this should all get restored through your google account once you reboot after flashing a ROM. Restoring system data from TiBu can cause major issues for your device.

And yes, its always a good idea to keep another ROM (in particular a stock-ish ROM) on your device just in case you need to revert back for some reason.

steps to take:
1. unlock the bootloader
2. backup apps with TiBu
3. flash a custom recovery (TWRP is recommended)
4. flash a custom ROM (follow the instructions from the developer for the ROM on how to flash)
5. restore apps with TiBu once you re-download TiBu from the Play Store (flashing a custom ROM will wipe your phone clean)

If I use Adam Outler's & Ralekdev's jailbreak at xda ([Jailbreak]No You Verizon - Root/Jailbreak/Recovery VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13 - xda-developers) to unlock then I'll have TWRP custom recovery at the end of the process by default. To really be on the safe side I think it's probably best to back up my non-system apps+data even before doing the jailbreak. Also I'm thinking now that there's no reason I shouldn't be able to nandroid backup my stock ROM after I jailbreak. Nandroid backup from TWRP recovery shouldn't be limited to backing up only custom ROMs.

Last edited:

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Adam Outler's & Ralekdev's jailbreak worked like a charm! I'm on vrall4 and used Win7. First time running Casual it ended with the message that Heimdall had an initialization error. I moved the usb cable to another port then ran Casual again and it worked beautifully! Booted into TWRP and created a recovery backup. Can't wait to flash either Jellybeans 16 or beanstown106's stock rooted 4.1.2.

Last edited:

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Jellybeans 16 has been working great for me since I did the clean install. My choice would be to try it first and then version 14 if you are having problems. 14 is rock solid. Then again 16 is for me as well. I know version 17 is already in the works.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about installing jelly beans, are there any known bugs with the ROM? Does everything run smoothly, and do all features work? Also what does it mean that to install a new kernel I have to format my 64gb sd card to fat32? Do i have to do this to load the rom?Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I want to flash this but being a noob on flashing roms on the N2, I need to know how to flash this one. Please can anyone tell me step by step on how to flash it. Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my Beastly Note Du using Tapatalk 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I want to flash this but being a noob on flashing roms on the N2, I need to know how to flash this one. Please can anyone tell me step by step on how to flash it. Thanks in advance! :)

Preliminary: Disable antivirus (and PC firewall if present).

Step 1: Root and unlock your phone using the AdamOutler/Ralekdev jailbreak here: [Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13 - xda-developers

Step 2: Download the Jelly Beans ROM file: "note2_JellyBeans_B16"

Step 3: Copy the zip file to the external SD card of your phone without extracting it.

Step 4: Boot into TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Note 2 by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until the Samsung logo appears on screen.

Step 5: Now perform the data wiping task. To do so, select ?wipe data/ factory reset,? then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes till the data wipe is completed.

Step 6: If it wasn't included in step 5, perform a cache wipe.

Step 7: If it wasn't included in step 5, perform a wipe of dalvik cache.

Step 8: Go back to the main recovery screen and select ?Install?.

Step 9: After that select ?choose zip from SD card? and select the ROM file "note2_JellyBeans_B16" (from where you stored it in Step 3).

Step 10: Confirm installation so that ROM installation begins.

Step 11: After the installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu and select ?Reboot? to reboot the phone into the Jelly Beans Build 16 ROM. The first boot will take time.

Step 12: After setting up Jelly Beans return to TWRP and create a backup (aka a "Nandroid") to quickly restore the ROM if necessary. You can also use it to start a library of ROMS for quick installation.

Note: Unless you use Helium or Titanium to backup user apps+data before the factory reset you will lose app data. System apps of course will be installed by the ROM. Titanium requires root access..Using Titanium I'm able to restore both user apps+data after the ROM boots up. If however you flash 2 different versions of a Jelly Beans ROM that are built from the same base stock ROM, like say for instance they both are based upon the stock vrall4 ROM, then a cache and delvik cache wipe are enough. One nice thing is that files on the phone and external storage typically don't get erased, so that your apps may be able to find them if use Helium or Titanium to save your apps and app settings. But I would recommend saving your internal and external storage files to your PC just in case.

Last edited: