JellyBeans ROM

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded 21 but surprisingly came to see the home screens and app/widget locker do not scroll continuously. Back to 20 I went. Any idea how to change that issue?

The fix for stock rom doesnt work on 21.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out in settings.

Last edited:

bigjay1641

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear alot of people talk great things about this rom. What makes this rom so good or different from other touchwiz roms

Posted via Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
From reading around I understand that Jelly Beans has the ExtSD swap option during ROM installation. I also understand that formatting the ExtSD card to FAT32 is a prerequisite.

Has anyone tried this, and if so, what's your experience?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I hear alot of people talk great things about this rom. What makes this rom so good or different from other touchwiz roms

Stable, smooth and some nice customization options. Plus you keep all Touchwiz/Note features without the look of Touchwiz.

Sent from my SCH-I605

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Jellybeans is one of the most popular ROMs out there. It is known as one of the most stable and the creator is known to add new features as people ask him. There are many posts from users that try other ROMs and always come back to Jellybeans. With 1.8 million views it is very popular on XDA.

I have been using it since version 14. The best features I like it for are:

Memory swap: I use my 64GB Micro SD as the phone memory and the 8GB as the external.
SIM Unlocked: I just went to Switzerland and London and used SIM cards from the countries to avoid roaming charges.
Tab control: recently many options are controlled by tabs instead of re-flashing.
Download control: many additional options can easily be downloaded and installed directly from the phone.

I?m sure there are more that I use every day but just can?t think of them at the moment.

bigjay1641

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm running it now and everything is smooth. I had one issue when I was using gps and I got a message saying refresh sim data

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I will tell you what. I'm on beans 21 and have never seen my phone more stable, fast and smooth ever. It's actually mind blowing How awesome my phone is. No lag and no hesitation at all. Love it.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys... I'm waaaaaaaay back on JB 14. Is it safe to say that I have to do a clean flash instead of a dirty flash...? Thoughts..

... Sent from my Mobile device, please excuse any typo's.....

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys... I'm waaaaaaaay back on JB 14. Is it safe to say that I have to do a clean flash instead of a dirty flash...? Thoughts..

... Sent from my Mobile device, please excuse any typo's.....

Yes do a clean flash. Check out the first post in this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Jellybeans is one of the most popular ROMs out there. It is known as one of the most stable and the creator is known to add new features as people ask him. There are many posts from users that try other ROMs and always come back to Jellybeans. With 1.8 million views it is very popular on XDA.

I have been using it since version 14. The best features I like it for are:

Memory swap: I use my 64GB Micro SD as the phone memory and the 8GB as the external.
SIM Unlocked: I just went to Switzerland and London and used SIM cards from the countries to avoid roaming charges.
Tab control: recently many options are controlled by tabs instead of re-flashing.
Download control: many additional options can easily be downloaded and installed directly from the phone.

I?m sure there are more that I use every day but just can?t think of them at the moment.
Nice. How did you format the 64GB External SD to FAT32? Which kernel option did you choose during Aroma installation phase?

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice. How did you format the 64GB External SD to FAT32? Which kernel option did you choose during Aroma installation phase?

You can format it in a PC with a card reader or in the phone itself. I haven't been stock in a while but I think you can still go into settings - Storage and scroll down to Format SD card. I never formatted my 64GB Sandisk card. I always use the stock kernel with SD swap.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Quick question guys...

I plan on doing a clean wipe and upgrading from Jelly 14 to 21 this weekend... I downloaded 21 & 20 just incase.... my question is... how are you guys getting your app setting and all the custom look (background, groups, colors, etc...) back on the phone.

I've upgraded my ROM's about 4 times now and know matter what the condition, it seems like I always have to reset my custom settings... Just want to get your thoughts... and I use TB Pro as my backup app just incase you were wondering...

Thanks for any input you can provide...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick question guys...

I plan on doing a clean wipe and upgrading from Jelly 14 to 21 this weekend... I downloaded 21 & 20 just incase.... my question is... how are you guys getting your app setting and all the custom look (background, groups, colors, etc...) back on the phone.

I've upgraded my ROM's about 4 times now and know matter what the condition, it seems like I always have to reset my custom settings... Just want to get your thoughts... and I use TB Pro as my backup app just incase you were wondering...

Thanks for any input you can provide...

The ROM settings usually stick if you dirty flash. If you do a full wipe your previous ROM settings will get wiped too.

I use Nova Launcher which let's you save your launcher settings and restore them after a ROM flash.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You can format it in a PC with a card reader or in the phone itself. I haven't been stock in a while but I think you can still go into settings - Storage and scroll down to Format SD card. I never formatted my 64GB Sandisk card. I always use the stock kernel with SD swap.

Beanstown106 the developer recommends formatting external cards as FAT. Do an internet search for methods and tools to do so. Easeus Partition Master home version is free and effective formatter but uninstall it right after using it otherwise it pops up ads to buy other stuff.

Last edited: