I'm an ***** - flashed the wrong ROM, now cannot use radio or Odin

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So - I flashed Android Revolution HD onto my i605 (my friend is using it and it worked for him - note: never listen to friends). Suddenly I got SIM errors. It must have overwritten the radio/modem. However, now in Download mode Odin cannot find it. Any tips? Should I put a stock firmware onto my device and use TWRP to flash?

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 6.6 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary - xda-developers

I went into recovery and tried flashing some of the other ROMs I had that I knew to work, but no dice. And now it wont mount on my laptop and Odin wont recognize it...Im going crazy here! I appreciate all the help :)

You have a Verizon galaxy note 2 correct? Because that link is for a different phone not only different phone but different brand aswell. If you have an HTC I don't know much about them.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You have a Verizon galaxy note 2 correct? Because that link is for a different phone not only different phone but different brand aswell. If you have an HTC I don't know much about them.

Yeah I have the note 2. I screwed that up. Apparently it was for some phone model n7100. Now I cannot mount as MTP (I can still do adb shell though), and Odin will not recognize it. Is there anything I can do? I have the images from imnuts page (I605)VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5. How would I go about fixing if possible?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have the note 2. I screwed that up. Apparently it was for some phone model n7100. Now I cannot mount as MTP (I can still do adb shell though), and Odin will not recognize it. Is there anything I can do? I have the images from imnuts page (I605)VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5. How would I go about fixing if possible?

Try rebooting your computer and using a new usb port. You may need to find a pit file aswell.. But one thing at a time. Lets try to get a connection with Odin

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your computer and using a new usb port. You may need to find a pit file aswell.. But one thing at a time. Lets try to get a connection with Odin

I tried rebooting and using a new usb port. No dice. On a linux box, it spawned an error when trying to connect as MTP (some camera error) but again was able to get access with ADB.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried rebooting and using a new usb port. No dice. On a linux box, it spawned an error when trying to connect as MTP (some camera error) but again was able to get access with ADB.

Are you in download mode when trying to connect or is the phone on?

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ive heard that I can try getting any verizon radio.img and flashing that, would that work?

When trying on a new stock Windows VM, I am able to get a connection! Now the question is how to fix. I have two files, I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar and CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar. Would either work?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ive heard that I can try getting any verizon radio.img and flashing that, would that work?

You may need to try a different computer and see if you can get odin to connect in download mode... .I wouldn't go flashing anything that is not vzw galaxy note 2 specific. Flashing something different is what got you to this point in the first place.

pendraggon87

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You may need to try a different computer and see if you can get odin to connect in download mode... .I wouldn't go flashing anything that is not vzw galaxy note 2 specific. Flashing something different is what got you to this point in the first place.

This post [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers infers that using one of two popular modems should work.

However, the above two files I mentioned are for the i605 galaxy note 2. Im hoping this will work - Odin is doing its freezing thing when loading PDAs, but I am hoping that is because it is reading it from a USB drive. Hopefully in a couple minutes it will unfreeze and it will go back to normal.

Besides flashing with PDA, should I also use the PIT file?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This post [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers infers that using one of two popular modems should work.

However, the above two files I mentioned are for the i605 galaxy note 2. Im hoping this will work - Odin is doing its freezing thing when loading PDAs, but I am hoping that is because it is reading it from a USB drive. Hopefully in a couple minutes it will unfreeze and it will go back to normal.

Besides flashing with PDA, should I also use the PIT file?

Try it without at first. If it doesn't work then use the pit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay