Hey guys, great forum here with tons of well explained guides on how to root.

I'm thinking of moving from the 64GB iPhone 5 to the Note 2 on Verizon. However I'm concerned about the lack of memory, since I use Spotify and games.

If I root the phone, can I transfer applications to the SD card? I did a search and it sounds like after rooting, the apps to accomplish this no longer work well (App2SD). Also I would like to retain all Samsung functions such as multiwindow.

Is this possible? Please let me know which ROMs would allow me to accomplish this, I have a hard time telling the difference between CM, Beans, AOSP/AOKP, etc. Which ROM series is best for my purposes?

Thanks!
    04-21-2013 11:55 AM
    Beans no question. It's based on touchwiz so you will be able to keep multi windows etc. There's also an option to swap the internal and external storage. As in you can make your phone think your sd card is your internal memory, so you can have up to 64gb worth of apps etc. Just FYI, whether you're rooted or not, you can't load apps on your sd card. That's an issue with jelly Bean.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    sithjedi333 likes this.
    04-21-2013 01:57 PM
    Thank you Kris.

I'm a little confused on what you said. I can swap the internal memory so my apps will effectively be on the MicroSD card, but then later on you say I can't put apps on the SD card. If you could clarify that would be great. As long as I can load 64GB of apps that would be awesome.

Also, I did more research and do I have to make a choice of Kernel too? In some threads people seemed to be talking about kernels separately from ROMs.

Are there any other major choices I have to make?

Lastly, what's the best source of used/refurbished Verizon Note 2s? eBay or craigslist?

Thanks.
    04-21-2013 04:37 PM
    You have to do custom rom(like Beans) to be able to swap the internal memory I believe is what He is saying..Im rooted with TWRP and running Beans 13 on mine with the 64GB card on mine but you can't just root to do the swap...have to flash the rom.
    sithjedi333 likes this.
    04-21-2013 07:51 PM
    They are right, once you root and unlock your bootloader etc and flash jellybeans (14 now) ROM... The aroma installer will ask you at the end if you want to swap the memory... However I think this just tricks the phone into believing the SD extremal card is the internal card. Weather or not you can have apps on the SD card after the swap I dont know because I've never had that many apps

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sithjedi333 likes this.
    04-22-2013 07:01 PM
    Thanks everyone.

So the steps (in order) are:

1) Make a backup - What program do I use?
    2) Root - I found a guide for this.
    3) Unlock - What program do I use?
    4) Install TWRP - Is this part of Odin?
    5) Install Jellybeans 14
    6) Backup with Nandroid

Anything else? Do I have this in the right order?

Thanks!
    04-22-2013 08:47 PM
    Thanks everyone.

So the steps (in order) are:

1) Make a backup - What program do I use?
    2) Root - I found a guide for this.
    3) Unlock - What program do I use?
    4) Install TWRP - Is this part of Odin?
    5) Install Jellybeans 14
    6) Backup with Nandroid

Anything else? Do I have this in the right order?

Thanks!
    This will root. Unlock and install twrp all in one shot http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118348
    [Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] CASUAL One-Click -- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    sithjedi333 likes this.
    04-23-2013 11:10 PM