attempted to root and i bricked it...need help

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
so i just got the Note 2 with VZW and used 'casual/backatcha verizon' toolkit to root and unlock my phone and it failed in the middle of attempting to root and unlock and now, my phone just keeps 'Samsung GALAXY Note II' over and over, stuck in a loop.

what do i do now?

thanks in advance

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I rooted my Note 2 via Casual "NoYouVerizon" and it worked great. However, when attempting to return to stock rom (found: http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote2/SCH-I605/official) Odin says is was successful, but it never rebooted the phone. Now when I boot up the phone I get a flashing "Samsung Galaxy Note II" over and over. I cannot get back into recovery because I keep getting stuck at the flashing Samsung logo. I tried flashing CMW and another version of the stock rom to no avail. Could someone please help me?

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I rooted my Note 2 via Casual "NoYouVerizon" and it worked great. However, when attempting to return to stock rom (found: Download GalaxyNote2/SCH-I605/official at StockROMs.net) Odin says is was successful, but it never rebooted the phone. Now when I boot up the phone I get a flashing "Samsung Galaxy Note II" over and over. I cannot get back into recovery because I keep getting stuck at the flashing Samsung logo. I tried flashing CMW and another version of the stock rom to no avail. Could someone please help me?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I rooted my Note 2 via Casual "NoYouVerizon" and it worked great. However, when attempting to return to stock rom (found: http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote2/SCH-I605/official) Odin says is was successful, but it never rebooted the phone. Now when I boot up the phone I get a flashing "Samsung Galaxy Note II" over and over. I cannot get back into recovery because I keep getting stuck at the flashing Samsung logo. I tried flashing CMW and another version of the stock rom to no avail. Could someone please help me?

Can you get into download mode? That's what you need to be in in order for Odin to work, and as long as you can you are not bricked.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
so i just got the Note 2 with VZW and used 'casual/backatcha verizon' toolkit to root and unlock my phone and it failed in the middle of attempting to root and unlock and now, my phone just keeps 'Samsung GALAXY Note II' over and over, stuck in a loop.

what do i do now?

thanks in advance

That is not a brick, it's a boot loop. Boot into download mode and flash stock as previously stated and you'll be fine.

A brick is where you're phone is completely unusable and it won't even turn on. As long as you can get into download mode you're fine.

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Can you get into download mode? That's what you need to be in in order for Odin to work, and as long as you can you are not bricked.

Yes, I can get it into Download Mode (that's the only thing into which I can get it. Lol). And Odin does indeed recognize my device, but every time I try to flash Odin fails. I'm not sure what to do from here. Odin fails everything with which I try to flash. I cannot even get back into stock. Please help.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
That is not a brick, it's a boot loop. Boot into download mode and flash stock as previously stated and you'll be fine.

A brick is where you're phone is completely unusable and it won't even turn on. As long as you can get into download mode you're fine.

How do I flash stock if I cannot use Odin?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I can get it into Download Mode (that's the only thing into which I can get it. Lol). And Odin does indeed recognize my device, but every time I try to flash Odin fails. I'm not sure what to do from here. Odin fails everything with which I try to flash. I cannot even get back into stock. Please help.

As which point does Odin fail? Please be as specific as possible. Also are you using the Odin file specific to your device. You can get them from Samsungs website.

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
As which point does Odin fail? Please be as specific as possible. Also are you using the Odin file specific to your device. You can get them from Samsungs website.

I got it fixed. I had to flash stock WITH the pit file. Now it's working just fine. I'm going to attempt installing Jedi VX14 or Beans. Do you have a preference on which one I should install? Also, I've learned not to use Odin one the phone is unlocked. Thanks.

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you flash Odin with a pit file, where do you get the pit file? I have the same problem but I don't have a file that will work? Please help!

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

what do i do now?

thanks in advance

Revert to stock by flashing the stock firmware. This would unbrick your device.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12