Casual will not connect after failed attempt

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Need some help here i used NoYouVerizon-CASUAL-Revision492b to unlock & root my phone 1st time it canceled when i cancelled out of the XDA log in part, 2nd time after i made my account on XDA it did not ask me but went thru process up until the part where it reboots into android it just never connected back to my Note 2, i've tried multiple downloads of said file no luck rebooted comp and note 2 multiple times no luck i ever wiped cache & data no luck just started without my apps or google account, i've even tried connecting odin when in download mode and it will not connect either anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Need some help here i used NoYouVerizon-CASUAL-Revision492b to unlock & root my phone 1st time it canceled when i cancelled out of the XDA log in part, 2nd time after i made my account on XDA it did not ask me but went thru process up until the part where it reboots into android it just never connected back to my Note 2, i've tried multiple downloads of said file no luck rebooted comp and note 2 multiple times no luck i ever wiped cache & data no luck just started without my apps or google account, i've even tried connecting odin when in download mode and it will not connect either anyone have any ideas?

Try a different (OEM) cable, try a different USB Port on your computer. Sounds like a bad connection, that's my best guess from what you've described.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Try a different (OEM) cable, try a different USB Port on your computer. Sounds like a bad connection, that's my best guess from what you've described.
I should have mentioned my computer sees my phone just fine I can access internal storage & SD card from comp with no problem just neither casual or Odin seem to recognize it, & casual recognized it fine before it failed, I have tried many diff USB ports even though phone shows up in my computer on all of them.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I should have mentioned my computer sees my phone just fine I can access internal storage & SD card from comp with no problem just neither casual or Odin seem to recognize it, & casual recognized it fine before it failed, I have tried many diff USB ports even though phone shows up in my computer on all of them.

Maybe re-download Casual and ODIN, make sure you are getting the files from a good source, and delete the ones you have been using.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
tried that with no luck, it seems to me that the failed attempt with casual did something to my phone so that these programs don't detect it, Casual tells me it does not see my device and to check drivers, but the drivers are there and i have uninstalled and reinstalled diff downloads of them a few times

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I still think it is either drivers issue or cable/usb port issue.

Also, make sure you have the phone set for debugging:
Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had problems using CASUAL when I unlocked my Note 2, but I just happened to notice in the 100000000000 post thread that somebody was having the same issue and then quickly posted that he had figured out how to do it. There is a stock ROM (Route 66, I think is the name of it? I have no idea where to find it now) that you could flash and then CASUAL would work. I am paraphrasing and butchering the heck out of this story, but once I flashed the Route 66 (or whatever name it was), CASUAL worked!

(this has been a month or so ago, so CASUAL may be different and your situation may be different, though. From the thread when I had the problem, it didn't seem to be a common problem, so it was something about the "stock" our phones had. You may be in the same boat)

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
yea i was having a driver issue apparently after deleting and re-installing drivers many times it finally took and was able to root and flash a jelly beans ROM no problem, tho i then ran into a driver issue again with getting my PC to recognize it as a storage device tho a few more times messing with the drivers again i got that back working again, from my experience it seems the drivers for this device are not very stable just yet

dlmalone81201

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues. I went to device manager and clicked on view hidden devices and installed everythind for the phone some have a box to check remove drivers make sure you check out and then reboot computer it should work.

Posted via Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I can access files, and command-line ADB works, but Casual cannot detect the phone.

Extremely frustrating.

Understand how it can be frustrating. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link that lpt2569 listed above?

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Understand how it can be frustrating. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link that lpt2569 listed above?
Yes, I have. The third bit isn't fully accurate; Windows failed to find some of the required drivers automatically. I've tried three different cables (including the brand-new one that came with the phone), in three different USB ports on two separate computers, all getting the same result: Casual just sits there looking at me like the phone's not plugged in, even though Windows and command-line ADB can access it just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1