So my Note2 stopped charging .. the port flat out does not work. I tried other chargers and got nothing. I tried my charger on other phones and its all good. I called verizon and got a replacement sent which came today. So I say to myself "cool ill unroot and send the old one back" without even considering that if the port is defective then the PC wont recognize the phone and ODIN wont see it either meaning ... there will be no unrooting ... Then reality set in ... Im gonna have to send a rooted and rom'd phone back to Verizon for a warranty replacement. This is all new territory to me and im kinda scared about the possibility of a voided warranty and big *** charge for the new phone ... what options do i have? will they nail my balls to the wall? Am I screwed or not???
    08-21-2013 01:32 AM
    So my Note2 stopped charging .. the port flat out does not work. I tried other chargers and got nothing. I tried my charger on other phones and its all good. I called verizon and got a replacement sent which came today. So I say to myself "cool ill unroot and send the old one back" without even considering that if the port is defective then the PC wont recognize the phone and ODIN wont see it either meaning ... there will be no unrooting ... Then reality set in ... Im gonna have to send a rooted and rom'd phone back to Verizon for a warranty replacement. This is all new territory to me and im kinda scared about the possibility of a voided warranty and big *** charge for the new phone ... what options do i have? will they nail my balls to the wall? Am I screwed or not???
    most likely yes they charge you the full price of the phone and vids your warranty
    08-21-2013 02:13 AM
    most likely yes they charge you the full price of the phone and vids your warranty
    damn so even though the problem wasn't related to the rooting im in for the $700 or whatever it is??? Hell for all that Ill send the replacement back, keep the broke phone and just buy an extra battery & stand alone charger.
    08-21-2013 02:21 AM
    damn so even though the problem wasn't related to the rooting im in for the $700 or whatever it is??? Hell for all that Ill send the replacement back, keep the broke phone and just buy an extra battery & stand alone charger.
    the thing is they say if you modify there software you void the warranty so if you have a rooted and rom phone with a diffrent recovery you voided it i learned that one when my sd card died and fried the port of charger everything was good till 4 months later i get bank statement from att saying rooted phone voided it and i was charged 500 plus my credibility went low look at it as a lesson learned or try it and maybe you get lucky and wont get caught till they try to repair it and see it sorry tho ....
    08-21-2013 02:31 AM
    the thing is they say if you modify there software you void the warranty so if you have a rooted and rom phone with a diffrent recovery you voided it i learned that one when my sd card died and fried the port of charger everything was good till 4 months later i get bank statement from att saying rooted phone voided it and i was charged 500 plus my credibility went low look at it as a lesson learned or try it and maybe you get lucky and wont get caught till they try to repair it and see it sorry tho ....
    ok just to update in case this may help anyone else i resolved my problem ... i watched this video and swapped my faulty usb port with the good one from my replacement phone just so I can unroot. My PC now recognizes the phone just fine. once I unroot my old phone I will put the bad port back in and ship this bad boy back to verizon and enjoy my "new" note 2
    08-21-2013 02:08 PM
    Smart boy lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    ejb1013 likes this.
    08-21-2013 02:09 PM
    They don't even check dude

SCH-i605 Note 2
    08-22-2013 08:04 PM
    Who doesn't check??? I have a bricked Note 2 right now and I need it replaced. It's still under warranty with Samsung. What's my chances they won't see it's been rooted with CM 10.1?
    09-09-2013 05:50 PM
    I have sent 2 phones back both rooted and never heard anything.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-23-2013 06:36 PM