11-22-2012 12:19 AM
126 1234 ...
tools
    I've had my Thunderbolt since the day it was released. Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones that never had any problems with it. Now I'm just bored with it. Upgrade in November, and was going to go with an SGS3, but then I saw this bad boy. I can't wait to get it. I thought I read some where about it kind of sucking as a phone? Anyone else, or was that the GN1? Either way, I hate talking on the phone, so no real deal breaker there.
    I am also a day 1 thunderbolter who will be picking up a Verizon GNote 2 on day one as well. Probably going to head to head to the store at 5am to be the first to get it! Buying off contract of course however I feel the off contract price is going to be $850+

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-2012 10:27 AM
    I just upgraded to my S3 a couple months ago, love it! But I love the N2 more and so I will be changing to that as soon as it is available. I will probably have to by it outright, so my S3 will be going up for sale to recoup as much as possible. Thankfully there is not a scratch on it and it is in 10/10 condition, so I should be able to do well on a sale I hope
    XChrisX likes this.
    10-02-2012 01:26 PM
    I'm thinking about ditching my iPhone 4 for the SGN2. But I recently had a bad experience with VZW 4G LTE.

I picked up the iPhone 5 .... And to make a long story short, the battery life is horrible. Took it back after a few days.

Hoping the SGN2 will have decent battery life. I will be lurking on the forums to try and decipher how it is working for us enthusiasts.

I'm just not willing to trade battery life for the speed of LTE (it is a fast mofo for sure). If I feel any range anxiety, then it's a fail in my book.

Now, the advantage the Note 2 has is the replaceable battery, and subsequently, extentded battery's will be available (is that a shoebox in your pocket?). So, that is at least an option if I go for the Note 2 Beast phone. FWIW, a Mophie Juice Pack on the iP5 would look terrible, IMO.

Back to lurking....
    10-02-2012 07:13 PM
    I'm thinking about ditching my iPhone 4 for the SGN2. But I recently had a bad experience with VZW 4G LTE.

I picked up the iPhone 5 .... And to make a long story short, the battery life is horrible. Took it back after a few days.

Hoping the SGN2 will have decent battery life. I will be lurking on the forums to try and decipher how it is working for us enthusiasts.

I'm just not willing to trade battery life for the speed of LTE (it is a fast mofo for sure). If I feel any range anxiety, then it's a fail in my book.

Now, the advantage the Note 2 has is the replaceable battery, and subsequently, extentded battery's will be available (is that a shoebox in your pocket?). So, that is at least an option if I go for the Note 2 Beast phone. FWIW, a Mophie Juice Pack on the iP5 would look terrible, IMO.

Back to lurking....
    I'm waiting for some battery life tests to come out. Battery life is my main concern with most phones I'd love to see something with the razr maxx size battery come to AT&T so I can snatch it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    10-02-2012 08:43 PM
    I am still sporting the Motorola Droid X. It is on its last legs... phone just doesn't work right... so much so I have removed all but a few critical/fun apps just hoping it runs a little smoother. For the last few months.. just using it as a phone only.

That being said... I am PRAYING that the Note2 gets to Verizon and gets there SOON! I am due for an upgrade in another week... and I am trying to talk myself out of the SG3 and biding time for the Note 2. All the reviews on AC are only helping! Every time I pull up the home page... I see another review of how Note2 is better than the SG3. In my personal opinion.. I would prefer the Note2 software/internal hardware with the SG3 size. But..beggars can't be choosers. And at this point.. I am begging for the Note 2 to be released NOW!
    10-03-2012 08:35 AM
    Get an iPod touch and the note 2
    10-03-2012 10:04 AM
    Droid X. But, not 100% sure I will go to the Note 2. I heavily leaning towards one, but the price will be a factor. My DX is a piece of garbage though. Headphone jack doesn't work (broke on all 4 phones before I gave up), sometimes it'll take 40+ seconds to dial out, I hate this phone.
    10-03-2012 04:01 PM
    Thunderbolt... Do I even need to say why?

sent from my crappy thunderbolt. patiently waiting for the note 2...
    jvbaseball likes this.
    10-03-2012 11:02 PM
    Thunderbolt... Do I even need to say why?

sent from my crappy thunderbolt. patiently waiting for the note 2...
    Dropping my Blackberry bold. I think I have a more clear case.
    corymcnutt and cpuangel like this.
    10-04-2012 01:26 PM
    I'll be dropping my Bionic - Don't get me wrong, my Bionic has been a GREAT phone for me; I wanted the first Note, but Verizon never got it. I decided that I would leave Verizon and go to AT&T for the Note 2. It's not something I wanted to do, but I want this phone - now I can have BOTH Verizon & the Note 2!
    10-05-2012 07:58 PM
    Another original Thunderbolt user that will be making the switch to the Note 2 as soon as it comes out.
    10-05-2012 09:36 PM
    I just got iPhone 5 to replace my S3. I have had androids since the original droid. I might have to take a look at this beast if it is quad core. Really liking the iPhone though. Pretty solid plus with iPad and Macbook, it comes in handy. Big difference in size though between iPhone and GN2. I now enjoy having all music for the gym everyday. iPhone sounds great with my beats.

What do you guys think?
    Its a big size difference between the GS3 and IPhone. How does one go from a 4.8 screen to a 4" screen?
    10-05-2012 11:44 PM
    I have decided the Note 2 will replace my GS3 and Nexus 7.
    10-05-2012 11:48 PM
    Photon on Sprint....because Sprint's network is slow. The Photon is awesome but not a big seller.
    10-07-2012 11:09 PM
    Thinking of leaving IPhone4 for Note2. Contract not up till Feb, and I have unlimited data. I would be paying full price without contract since I don't want to drop unlimited. Plus I want Note2 as soon as its released!

Never had any android device, but have used a windows phone years ago. Liked the customization, which is what I miss using iphone. Also want larger screen.
    10-08-2012 11:24 AM
    I have the iPhone 5 right now, purchased outright. The Note 2 looks fantastic! I would basically use it as a tablet and phone. Usually I have a tablet and a phone, but with the Note 2 that would fix that issue for me.

Can you connect these to a projector by the way?
    10-08-2012 09:04 PM
    Ill be dropping my LG optimus S for the note 2. I already have an upgrade waiting so its all that's left to do now is wait

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    10-08-2012 09:40 PM
    Had the HTC Thunderbolt since day one. Now that ICS is on it, I've been able to hold off on upgrading. I was thinking of the GS3 first, as I'm not too concerned with power so long as the S4 processor or better backs the phone (what with Jellybean greatly improving things), but I don't want to make the mistake of nabbing an LTE phone with 3 hours of battery life. The Note 2 can apparently last for days with moderate use, which is ultimately my deciding factor. I'm not sure I need the S Pen but I'm sure it will be useful. I'm not going to go with a Nexus because I am kind of excited for JB Touchwiz (shhhhh don't tell anyone!) and because chances are the Nexus phones won't have the battery life of the Note 2. Furthermore, I have 45 gigs of music and I'd like to be able to either load it all onto the Note's internal storage (64 gig model) or onto a 64 gig micro SD, which no Nexus phone will support. (I could be convinced to go to a Nexus if it had 64+ gigs of internal).

All together, the decision is fairly easy. The only potential downside is the pocket-ability, as I wear 27 inch waist slim (not skinny) jeans. Maybe I can adapt, but it may not be easy.
    10-08-2012 11:24 PM
    Not really dropping anything, Note 2 will become the daily user and my Galaxy Nexus will be the phone I flash ROMs on and such.
    10-09-2012 11:54 AM
    Had the HTC Thunderbolt since day one. Now that ICS is on it, I've been able to hold off on upgrading. I was thinking of the GS3 first, as I'm not too concerned with power so long as the S4 processor or better backs the phone (what with Jellybean greatly improving things), but I don't want to make the mistake of nabbing an LTE phone with 3 hours of battery life. The Note 2 can apparently last for days with moderate use, which is ultimately my deciding factor. I'm not sure I need the S Pen but I'm sure it will be useful. I'm not going to go with a Nexus because I am kind of excited for JB Touchwiz (shhhhh don't tell anyone!) and because chances are the Nexus phones won't have the battery life of the Note 2. Furthermore, I have 45 gigs of music and I'd like to be able to either load it all onto the Note's internal storage (64 gig model) or onto a 64 gig micro SD, which no Nexus phone will support. (I could be convinced to go to a Nexus if it had 64+ gigs of internal).

All together, the decision is fairly easy. The only potential downside is the pocket-ability, as I wear 27 inch waist slim (not skinny) jeans. Maybe I can adapt, but it may not be easy.
    I'd wait to see about the battery life. With my note 1 I get roughly the same screen on time (3 hours) give or a take a little bit as I did with my razr, gs2, and nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    10-09-2012 12:04 PM

I think the size is why the s3 sells so much.
    10-09-2012 01:32 PM
    I'm going to buy the N2 outright, try it out for a week or so and see what fits my use best. Loser to be sold, either the N2 or the S3.
    10-09-2012 04:40 PM

+1... Thunderbolt since day one, but but I've had three replacement phones sent to me because of various problems. My third replacement thunderbolt just crapped out on me and I'm not under warranty anymore so I'm back to the og DROID until the note 2 arrives. Not gonna lie I'm actually enjoying using the moto again, but it's specs just can't hold up to today's phones... Note 2 can't come soon enough haha

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk 2
    10-13-2012 09:52 PM
    It will be replacing my Galaxy Nexus. Tried the iPhone for two weeks before I returned it. I am really looking forward to all day battery life and that stylus.
    almath likes this.
    10-13-2012 10:29 PM
    Thinking of leaving IPhone4 for Note2. Contract not up till Feb, and I have unlimited data. I would be paying full price without contract since I don't want to drop unlimited. Plus I want Note2 as soon as its released!

Never had any android device, but have used a windows phone years ago. Liked the customization, which is what I miss using iphone. Also want larger screen.
    I have heard from a good friend that her good friend that works for Verizon...told her that Verizon is going to start giving their customers 12 equal payments added to their monthly bill, to pay for their phone/equipment; possibly making it easier for those that want to pay full-price for their phone to keep their unlimited data...also to sell more tablets. Just a rumor, but I hope it's true!
    10-14-2012 06:32 PM
126 1234 ...