What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 right now, purchased outright. The Note 2 looks fantastic! I would basically use it as a tablet and phone. Usually I have a tablet and a phone, but with the Note 2 that would fix that issue for me.

Can you connect these to a projector by the way?

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ill be dropping my LG optimus S for the note 2. I already have an upgrade waiting so its all that's left to do now is wait :)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Had the HTC Thunderbolt since day one. Now that ICS is on it, I've been able to hold off on upgrading. I was thinking of the GS3 first, as I'm not too concerned with power so long as the S4 processor or better backs the phone (what with Jellybean greatly improving things), but I don't want to make the mistake of nabbing an LTE phone with 3 hours of battery life. The Note 2 can apparently last for days with moderate use, which is ultimately my deciding factor. I'm not sure I need the S Pen but I'm sure it will be useful. I'm not going to go with a Nexus because I am kind of excited for JB Touchwiz (shhhhh don't tell anyone!) and because chances are the Nexus phones won't have the battery life of the Note 2. Furthermore, I have 45 gigs of music and I'd like to be able to either load it all onto the Note's internal storage (64 gig model) or onto a 64 gig micro SD, which no Nexus phone will support. (I could be convinced to go to a Nexus if it had 64+ gigs of internal).

All together, the decision is fairly easy. The only potential downside is the pocket-ability, as I wear 27 inch waist slim (not skinny) jeans. Maybe I can adapt, but it may not be easy.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not really dropping anything, Note 2 will become the daily user and my Galaxy Nexus will be the phone I flash ROMs on and such.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Had the HTC Thunderbolt since day one. Now that ICS is on it, I've been able to hold off on upgrading. I was thinking of the GS3 first, as I'm not too concerned with power so long as the S4 processor or better backs the phone (what with Jellybean greatly improving things), but I don't want to make the mistake of nabbing an LTE phone with 3 hours of battery life. The Note 2 can apparently last for days with moderate use, which is ultimately my deciding factor. I'm not sure I need the S Pen but I'm sure it will be useful. I'm not going to go with a Nexus because I am kind of excited for JB Touchwiz (shhhhh don't tell anyone!) and because chances are the Nexus phones won't have the battery life of the Note 2. Furthermore, I have 45 gigs of music and I'd like to be able to either load it all onto the Note's internal storage (64 gig model) or onto a 64 gig micro SD, which no Nexus phone will support. (I could be convinced to go to a Nexus if it had 64+ gigs of internal).

All together, the decision is fairly easy. The only potential downside is the pocket-ability, as I wear 27 inch waist slim (not skinny) jeans. Maybe I can adapt, but it may not be easy.

I'd wait to see about the battery life. With my note 1 I get roughly the same screen on time (3 hours) give or a take a little bit as I did with my razr, gs2, and nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

cw0974

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I think the size is why the s3 sells so much.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to buy the N2 outright, try it out for a week or so and see what fits my use best. Loser to be sold, either the N2 or the S3.

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

+1... Thunderbolt since day one, but but I've had three replacement phones sent to me because of various problems. My third replacement thunderbolt just crapped out on me and I'm not under warranty anymore so I'm back to the og DROID until the note 2 arrives. Not gonna lie I'm actually enjoying using the moto again, but it's specs just can't hold up to today's phones... Note 2 can't come soon enough haha

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk 2

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It will be replacing my Galaxy Nexus. Tried the iPhone for two weeks before I returned it. I am really looking forward to all day battery life and that stylus.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of leaving IPhone4 for Note2. Contract not up till Feb, and I have unlimited data. I would be paying full price without contract since I don't want to drop unlimited. Plus I want Note2 as soon as its released!

Never had any android device, but have used a windows phone years ago. Liked the customization, which is what I miss using iphone. Also want larger screen.

I have heard from a good friend that her good friend that works for Verizon...told her that Verizon is going to start giving their customers 12 equal payments added to their monthly bill, to pay for their phone/equipment; possibly making it easier for those that want to pay full-price for their phone to keep their unlimited data...also to sell more tablets. Just a rumor, but I hope it's true!

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My father already dropped a Galaxy S II & a Torch for a Note II !

I gotta say, its a great peace of hardware & it fits in the hand a lot better than the Original Note

After using it, I'm tempted to get one, but I'm waiting for the HTC 8X

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have heard from a good friend that her good friend that works for Verizon...told her that Verizon is going to start giving their customers 12 equal payments added to their monthly bill, to pay for their phone/equipment; possibly making it easier for those that want to pay full-price for their phone to keep their unlimited data...also to sell more tablets. Just a rumor, but I hope it's true!

Any internet rumor mills churning with this information yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Any internet rumor mills churning with this information yet?
That's what I hate about forums before a product is released, people talk so much s**t. I heard from this VZ guy or that guy, then someone re-post's that false info, then blogs pick it up, people link the false info from the blog into forums and it turns into a big sh*t storm. I remember going through all the ying yang with my Thunderbolt. Anyhow, no new "factual" news because you'll only get that from VZ and when it does hit the wire I'm sure you'll be the first to know.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

It's only towards tablets, I can confirm this since we just finished training for it.

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Photon on Sprint....because Sprint's network is slow. The Photon is awesome but not a big seller.

Dumping my Photon which turned into a laggy POS after that soak test and even more so because Motorola lied to us about upgrading to ICS twice: felt like I was getting ripped off like in the good ole days with the Pre and HP!

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Went today to check out the new RAZR HD Maxx. Nice phone but I still think the GS3 is nicer and smoother. My wife just got the GS3 and I was tempted to buy it as well. I'm definitely going to wait for the Note 2. I'm dropping my GNex for it. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Dropping the Galaxy Nexus for the Note 2. I came from Sprint and was pissed off that they didn't get the original Note. Now i can't wait for Verizon to announce the prices/release dates

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My Wife will be thinking on this If we actually get this (looking at the HTC DLX also) she will be leaving the Droid Razr. She is not impressed with the Razr's battery life. Plus with her illness she has lost some eyesight so hopefully he bigger screen with help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt