10-30-2012 04:21 PM
61 123
tools
    If they were smart they'd raise the price considerably.
    Samsung Galaxy Note Home Button -Black - Parts4repair.Com
    eh i dont know.

i mean, how much would u really spend to have a brand-free home button..

i think around $5 is my max
    10-25-2012 01:57 PM
    I'd spend about $10. But I'd probably be too nervous about taking apart an $800 phone to actually go through with it.
    10-25-2012 02:12 PM
    I'd spend about $10. But I'd probably be too nervous about taking apart an $800 phone to actually go through with it.
    good point
    10-25-2012 02:23 PM
    Why does it bother you?

from my Galaxy S3, baddest phone on the planet
    It's the principle of it. There was no need to not only to dramatically increase the size of the logos on the rear, but to also shoehorn one in on the home button. It's distasteful and I find it a lack of respect for their customers (not that they give us any reason to think they respect their customers with all of the anti-consumer tactics the past couple of years).
    chevyman29 likes this.
    10-25-2012 04:45 PM
    I know it's completely unreasonable and probably a little ridiculous, but that logo on the home button just cut my 100% purchase decision to 50%...and my excitement down to 25%. I am really disappointed in that. Even though the phone is still amazingly spec'd out, that stupid logo is killing me. I cursed out loud when I saw it. I am really bummed out, but I know it's for a dumb reason. I hope I can get over it. Ok let's see who comes up with the thread " How to remove the Verizon logo the best"
    Seriously? Doesn't every Verizon phone have the logo on it?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums
    10-25-2012 07:17 PM
    agreed... i'm not saying that button is attractive by any means, BUT this time approx 5 months ago 100,000+ Verizon subscribers were signing petitions to get the original version of this phone to their network, and trust me, this 2nd version is 10 times better, maybe even 20, easily worth having to peer at that ^%$#@! button : )

Is Steve Jobs brother running that corp?! lol i wouldn't expect anything less than something like that from Verizon... In the immortal words of Pat Cooper,"you can't be born a dog and die a cat"...lol
    10-25-2012 08:20 PM
    Here's a nice rant from Giz. Apparently the tech bloggers all over the web are crying foul about this. I don't want a note but this is quite ridiculous...would have me thinking twice about giving Verizon my money every month.

http://gizmodo.com/5954713/ugh-verizon-plastered-its-logo-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-home-button#13512266981713&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":1706}
    10-25-2012 11:47 PM
    I'd still rather have a small logo on the button than a BIG one on the upper face...Companies almost ALWAYS brand the products they sell - I don't see why there is such surprise and outrage; what do those people when there is a REAL crisis???
    10-26-2012 08:04 AM
    I agree I'm not a Verizon person, but its grotesque!! I have noticed all phones. At&t Verizon are slowly putting carrier stamps. Front ancenter big and bold. like the atrix HD has a giant at&t stamp conspiricy??
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    10-26-2012 08:10 AM
    My car has a Chevy Bow-Tie Emblem, my C14 came with Kawasaki lettering on it, my Macbook Retina Pro as a big ol Apple on the lid, my DLSR has Sony stamped on it. My mountain bike has Trek on the top tube. etc etc

Compared to what these companies have done with their products, I am not about to get upset with a button.

But thats just me......
    corymcnutt likes this.
    10-26-2012 09:01 AM
    My biggest gripe with the branded home button is that it will wear down over time and make the awesome classiness of the Gnote 2 a little less so because it will look worn. I wouldn't mind if it was in the top above the screen like most Verizon phones though.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    10-26-2012 10:03 AM
    My car has a Chevy Bow-Tie Emblem, my C14 came with Kawasaki lettering on it, my Macbook Retina Pro as a big ol Apple on the lid, my DLSR has Sony stamped on it. My mountain bike has Trek on the top tube. etc etc

Compared to what these companies have done with their products, I am not about to get upset with a button.

But thats just me......
    you don't get it..

the problem is the following:
    (1) No other carrier branded the home button
    (2) the back is already branded
    (3) verizon likely told samsung that unless they can brand the button, they wont carry the phone [vzw having this amount of leverage is a serious problem for consumers]
    (4) the additional branding is the likely reason why vzw will be last to launch this device
    10-26-2012 10:13 AM

But thats just me......

That's not an apples to apples comparison. Those logos are the manufacturer's of the device logos. That would be like the Samsung logo being on the phone. A fair comparison would be the dealership that sold you your Chevy and Kawasaki putting their logo on the hood, right up front so everyone can see it. The Macbook having a big Best Buy on it. That's what's wrong. The VZW logo on the back is acceptable, but up front is not.
    10-26-2012 11:17 AM
    Seriously? Doesn't every Verizon phone have the logo on it?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums
    Nope, not on my Gnex
    10-26-2012 11:24 AM
    I could care less about the logo, i just want the phone! Now!
    corymcnutt likes this.
    10-26-2012 11:25 AM
    A logo is a logo man. Period.
    10-26-2012 11:32 AM
    you don't get it..

the problem is the following:
    (1) No other carrier branded the home button
    (2) the back is already branded
    (3) verizon likely told samsung that unless they can brand the button, they wont carry the phone [vzw having this amount of leverage is a serious problem for consumers]
    (4) the additional branding is the likely reason why vzw will be last to launch this device
    I'm not a fan of the branded Home button but you're making a lot of assumptions.
    Every manufacturer knows that each carrier will brand their phones.
    Now let me make assumptions Samsung just didn't think VZW would have the poor taste to put it on the Home button.
    As far as why VZW is the last to release the GN2, think RAZR.
    The Moto RAZR line is exclusive to Big Red, unlike the volume approach of Samsung. Samsung is aiming to be the #1 smartphone company and is providing Galaxy's to whoever wants to sell them. VZW is going to give an exclusive launch period to the RAZR line (M, HD, MAXX HD) that can drive customers to switch. I doubt if VZW will spend one nickle to promote the GN2. If an AT&T (or any other cell company) customer wants the GN2 they can get it at their current carrier.
    If they want a RAZR they have to come see Big Red.
    The GN2 will ship following the RAZR exclusive launch period.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 11:37 AM
    A logo is a logo man. Period.
    It's the principle of the act that ticks people off. It's so "in your face" and frankly ruins the design elements that Samsung put into the NoteII. This is Verizon saying, "Hey, we own you for at least two years and this way every time you use your phone, you won't forget that fact." Imagine the iPhone5 home button with the Verizon logo stamped on it. Yeah, it's never gonna happen. Why would Samsung roll over like that?
    10-26-2012 02:41 PM
    I just saw a picture of one with the logo on the home button and I actually liked the look of it. Makes it stand out from the others. But that's just me.

from my Galaxy S3, baddest phone on the planet
    10-26-2012 02:52 PM
    I ordered the grey Note 2 to replace my GS3. I will sell the GS3 back to Gazelle.com. I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out whether I could swap the home button on my GS3 for the home button on the Note 2. Its not like Gazelle would notice - I dont think at least. So I was trying to see if its the same size button etc.

After an hour, it occured to me that I have the white GS3 and the buttons are not the same color. It was one of those moments that I realized I'll never get that hour back.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    10-26-2012 04:53 PM
    Button sizes are different.
    10-26-2012 05:09 PM
    Wish they had left it untouched, but after using it for a while I probably won't notice it anymore.
    The Verizon logo near the navigation buttons on my Maxx bothered me when I first got it. I no longer notice it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    10-27-2012 06:25 AM
    If I were ever on the fence because of the logo I can definitively say that I am 100% getting it, regardless of the logo. Stopped by the T-Mo kiosk at the mall today to see the dummy phone to see how big it is in person and the guy asked if I wanted to see a real one. So he brings one out from behind the counter and let me check it out. The Note II is 100% legit and I'm tossing my iPhone 4S into my desk drawer as soon as the end of Nov gets here.
    10-27-2012 09:37 PM
    I never really thought about it, but after reading this thread, I agree, it's ridiculous. Just to stick it to Verizon, I'm gonna travel back in time and un-buy all the phones I've bought from them because they also have the Verizon logo right on the front and its disgusting.

Either that or I'm NOT gonna be a whiny little b**ch
    MikeMustang likes this.
    10-27-2012 10:05 PM
    10-27-2012 10:45 PM
61 123