Branded Home Button is Here to Stay

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
you don't get it..

the problem is the following:
(1) No other carrier branded the home button
(2) the back is already branded
(3) verizon likely told samsung that unless they can brand the button, they wont carry the phone [vzw having this amount of leverage is a serious problem for consumers]
(4) the additional branding is the likely reason why vzw will be last to launch this device

I'm not a fan of the branded Home button but you're making a lot of assumptions.
Every manufacturer knows that each carrier will brand their phones.
:) Now let me make assumptions :) Samsung just didn't think VZW would have the poor taste to put it on the Home button.
As far as why VZW is the last to release the GN2, think RAZR.
The Moto RAZR line is exclusive to Big Red, unlike the volume approach of Samsung. Samsung is aiming to be the #1 smartphone company and is providing Galaxy's to whoever wants to sell them. VZW is going to give an exclusive launch period to the RAZR line (M, HD, MAXX HD) that can drive customers to switch. I doubt if VZW will spend one nickle to promote the GN2. If an AT&T (or any other cell company) customer wants the GN2 they can get it at their current carrier.
If they want a RAZR they have to come see Big Red.
The GN2 will ship following the RAZR exclusive launch period.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
A logo is a logo man. Period.

It's the principle of the act that ticks people off. It's so "in your face" and frankly ruins the design elements that Samsung put into the NoteII. This is Verizon saying, "Hey, we own you for at least two years and this way every time you use your phone, you won't forget that fact." Imagine the iPhone5 home button with the Verizon logo stamped on it. Yeah, it's never gonna happen. Why would Samsung roll over like that?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I just saw a picture of one with the logo on the home button and I actually liked the look of it. Makes it stand out from the others. But that's just me.

from my Galaxy S3, baddest phone on the planet

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the grey Note 2 to replace my GS3. I will sell the GS3 back to Gazelle.com. I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out whether I could swap the home button on my GS3 for the home button on the Note 2. Its not like Gazelle would notice - I dont think at least. So I was trying to see if its the same size button etc.

After an hour, it occured to me that I have the white GS3 and the buttons are not the same color. It was one of those moments that I realized I'll never get that hour back.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wish they had left it untouched, but after using it for a while I probably won't notice it anymore.
The Verizon logo near the navigation buttons on my Maxx bothered me when I first got it. I no longer notice it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
If I were ever on the fence because of the logo I can definitively say that I am 100% getting it, regardless of the logo. Stopped by the T-Mo kiosk at the mall today to see the dummy phone to see how big it is in person and the guy asked if I wanted to see a real one. So he brings one out from behind the counter and let me check it out. The Note II is 100% legit and I'm tossing my iPhone 4S into my desk drawer as soon as the end of Nov gets here.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I never really thought about it, but after reading this thread, I agree, it's ridiculous. Just to stick it to Verizon, I'm gonna travel back in time and un-buy all the phones I've bought from them because they also have the Verizon logo right on the front and its disgusting.

Either that or I'm NOT gonna be a whiny little b**ch

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I never really thought about it, but after reading this thread, I agree, it's ridiculous. Just to stick it to Verizon, I'm gonna travel back in time and un-buy all the phones I've bought from them because they also have the Verizon logo right on the front and its disgusting.

Either that or I'm NOT gonna be a whiny little b**ch

LOL!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If I were ever on the fence because of the logo I can definitively say that I am 100% getting it, regardless of the logo. Stopped by the T-Mo kiosk at the mall today to see the dummy phone to see how big it is in person and the guy asked if I wanted to see a real one. So he brings one out from behind the counter and let me check it out. The Note II is 100% legit and I'm tossing my iPhone 4S into my desk drawer as soon as the end of Nov gets here.

I also went to T-Mobile and looked away the Note 2. I liked the size, but I didn't like the S pen. I don't know if I want to get it. It didn't seem to be any faster than my Galaxy S III. I don't really know of it is going to be worth it.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I also went to T-Mobile and looked away the Note 2. I liked the size, but I didn't like the S pen. I don't know if I want to get it. It didn't seem to be any faster than my Galaxy S III. I don't really know of it is going to be worth it.

I can understand that if you're coming from the GS3. I had a feeling VZW would end up with the Note successor so I held off on getting the GS3. The size is no problem for me so it is a matter of getting the quad core proc and more screen real estate. Either way, coming from an iPhone, it's definitely worth it. iPhone will be relegated to iPod Touch duty :cool:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I can understand that if you're coming from the GS3. I had a feeling VZW would end up with the Note successor so I held off on getting the GS3. The size is no problem for me so it is a matter of getting the quad core proc and more screen real estate. Either way, coming from an iPhone, it's definitely worth it. iPhone will be relegated to iPod Touch duty :cool:

It is definitely better than the iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums