1. DirtMcGirt's Avatar
    The contract on my Thunderbolt ends on Nov. 17th. I'll start off by saying I'm in no rush to pick up the Note 2 because it's only a few weeks from today, but has anyone had success with VZW offering like a 2-week early upgrade or anything? If so, how did you get it? I called once 2 weeks ago when I was about to get the S3 (and that was 30 days early) and the supervisor denied the early upgrade. Now that I'm only 2 weeks out... IF the phone is available and IF I can early upgrade, might as well just go pick one up.
    10-24-2012 03:06 PM
  2. ToddL's Avatar
    When I was complaining about my data drop issues on my TB they offered me an early upgrade. At the time I said no, since I wanted to wait for either the note 2 or the HTC DLX/DNA. If you're have data drops on your TB (isn't everyone?) you could try calling them and complaining about your TB. But you'd probably have to put up with them trying to fix your TB first (i.e. them making you do a factory reset).
    10-24-2012 03:11 PM
  3. superlawyer15's Avatar
    call and say that you are going to cancel your contract once its up unless they allow you to upgrade a few weeks early

    ..they will cave
    10-24-2012 03:27 PM
  4. chuckawd's Avatar
    call and say that you are going to cancel your contract once its up unless they allow you to upgrade a few weeks early

    ..they will cave
    That has worked for me twice but both times it was about a month early and both phones were broken.

    Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    10-24-2012 03:45 PM
  5. DirtMcGirt's Avatar
    call and say that you are going to cancel your contract once its up unless they allow you to upgrade a few weeks early

    ..they will cave
    You know I tried that & they told me to basically fk off. I'm going to try a day or 2 after the note releases, the data drop tactic.
    10-24-2012 04:11 PM
  6. chavist#AC's Avatar
    The contract on my Thunderbolt ends on Nov. 17th. I'll start off by saying I'm in no rush to pick up the Note 2 because it's only a few weeks from today, but has anyone had success with VZW offering like a 2-week early upgrade or anything? If so, how did you get it? I called once 2 weeks ago when I was about to get the S3 (and that was 30 days early) and the supervisor denied the early upgrade. Now that I'm only 2 weeks out... IF the phone is available and IF I can early upgrade, might as well just go pick one up.
    The easiest way to get an early upgrade is to go into the Verizon store and ask the store manager to do an early upgrade. Each manager has the power to override accounts so many times a year at their discretion. Just remember to be kind and assert the fact that you intend on purchasing a device today.
    10-24-2012 09:27 PM
  7. rolo99's Avatar
    The contract on my TB ends Dec. 14. When I called Verizon last week because it wasn't connecting to wifi, the woman on the phone (Daria?) said she could get me an early upgrade....that was 6 weeks early. I opted for the refurb replacement TB until I decide. I may wait through the holidays, but I'm debating between the Razr Maxx HD, GS3 or Note 2.
    10-24-2012 10:23 PM
  8. roxy surf's Avatar
    September 17th I decided to call Verizon and ask if I could do an early upgrade because my thunderbolt screen wasn't working as well as it should (my upgrade date was also Nov 17th) ...they asked me what phone I was interested in, i told them the s3...they checked my account and told me I was an excellent customer (I guess never late on a bill) ...received my new s3 two days later....I guess it all depends on who you talk to...they let me do an early upgrade a few years ago too
    10-25-2012 02:55 AM
  9. JWatson4701's Avatar
    I don't predict that the Note 2 will be a phone that sells out on Verizon. Therefore if your upgrade comes up in November or early December anyway there's really no reason to preorder if it's not going to ship until the 27th. Just my 2c
    10-25-2012 03:26 AM
  10. MittenSportsFan's Avatar
    My upgrade is in the spring.
    I am one of the few it seems that has been fairly happy with my near 2 yr run with the Thunderbolt + extended battery.
    I want to read the real world reviews from you early adopters to help me decide between GS3, Razr Maxx Hd, GN2, HTC DNA, and whatever might be released after the Consumer Electronics Show in january. By that time Jelly Bean will be on all new devices (I waited a long time for GB on my TB, still waiting fo ICS) and the 32 & 64g GN2's will be out and the price of the 16 will be down to 199.
    I'll wait it out and live and learn through all of you.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    10-25-2012 03:58 AM
  11. fwhomeboy's Avatar
    My upgrade is in the spring.
    I am one of the few it seems that has been fairly happy with my near 2 yr run with the Thunderbolt + extended battery.
    I want to read the real world reviews from you early adopters to help me decide between GS3, Razr Maxx Hd, GN2, HTC DNA, and whatever might be released after the Consumer Electronics Show in january. By that time Jelly Bean will be on all new devices (I waited a long time for GB on my TB, still waiting fo ICS) and the 32 & 64g GN2's will be out and the price of the 16 will be down to 199.
    I'll wait it out and live and learn through all of you.

    The reason for the delay is because Verizon wants to let all the THUNDERBOLT OWNERS have the chance to do the Upgrade for the $299 price and as a Bonus for being the first 4G LTE Device owners, and letting them keep the UNLIMITED DATA. It's gonna be a way to say, THANKS for helping us get our 4G LTE Network fine tuned in our early stages. (I dreamed this last night).

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    10-25-2012 08:46 AM
  12. fwhomeboy's Avatar
    The reason for the delay is because Verizon wants to let all the THUNDERBOLT OWNERS have the chance to do the Upgrade for the $299 price and as a Bonus for being the first 4G LTE Device owners, and letting them keep the UNLIMITED DATA. It's gonna be a way to say, THANKS for helping us get our 4G LTE Network fine tuned in our early stages. (I dreamed this last night).
    10-25-2012 08:49 AM
  13. DirtMcGirt's Avatar
    Well, since it's coming out end-Nov and my contract ends mid-Nov... guess I won't have to worry about early upgrading.
    10-25-2012 11:37 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Droid still within 30 days, worth changing to the Incredible
    By jasonvancouver in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
  3. Verizon, NE2, 30 day trial and trading phones
    By Rat A Tat in forum Verizon
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 08:56 PM
  5. Early upgrade price with Verizon?
    By Traprock in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD