11-14-2012 05:29 PM
65 123
tools
    ANSWER: Because people need something to complain about. #CloseThread
    Ry likes this.
    10-28-2012 09:22 PM
    difference is, the license plate frames come off in 2 seconds without any damage to the car

...same can't be said about verizon's bs logo
    What about the dealerships who put their names and logos onto the car itself?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-2012 10:23 PM
    you tell them not to put it on or else u wont buy the car
    10-28-2012 10:26 PM
    I don't mind the logo. I like Verizon. I also have been a long time customer back when they were Airtouch.
    I changed to the share plan. It's fine for me!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    corymcnutt likes this.
    10-28-2012 10:31 PM
    a) upgrade and lose unlimited data.

b) pay full retail and keep unlimited data.

Notice I didnt include Sprint as c) .... their "unlimited" gets throttled at a certain point, their 4G network is a joke.

I went with b) myself.
    No throttling over here at sprint unlimited post network vision 3g and 4g wimax AND lte

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-2012 11:04 PM
    Umm not sure what you're talking about when you say sprints 4G I'd a joke. Where I live in the Kansas City metro area the speeds smoke Verizon. It takes a bit of time but ask someone from a area of Chicago too that's been rebuilt. A general statement that speaks for sprint as a whole isn't really a accurate one at that.
    Also there is no throttling of data on sprints network.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Exactly I'm on the westside of chicago

10-28-2012 11:07 PM
    And this is what I'm smoking, VZW 4GLTE, St. Paul, MN.

Attachment 43528

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Bro but if u don't got unlimited data that fast lte is nothing but for show. Like I lambo that doesn't even go off the lot

10-28-2012 11:11 PM
    difference is, the license plate frames come off in 2 seconds without any damage to the car

Agreed. Which is why I don't like the logo at all. I'm not MAD about it, but it is enough to make me prefer to go the at&t route using Straight Talk.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    10-28-2012 11:24 PM
    Personally the damn thing shouldn't even have a home button. Google announced a year ago physical buttons are no longer necessary. Didn't Samsung get the memo? For a screen that size it needs the least bezel as possible

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    10-29-2012 04:41 AM
    You are assuming that everyone prefers not to have the logo. I think that the logo looks good. I don't mind carrier branding. Phone looks good with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-29-2012 04:44 AM
    Bro but if u don't got unlimited data that fast lte is nothing but for show. Like I lambo that doesn't even go off the lot

Good point!

I forgot to mention, UNLIMITED.

:-)

Thought it was a fluke so tried it 20 minutes later and got 44Mbps/19Mbps/74ms

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    StayFly likes this.
    10-29-2012 05:42 AM
    I never paid much attention ti it until the other day, then I saw all the articles, threads, posts, etc. I dont like it, but that is hardly a deal breaker vs what else the phone offers.

Ppl so upset about the logo, and yet they use the carrier that is the most expensive overall and taking away perks and services. Money is no object when it comes to service, but a logo on the button gets a buy/no buy? If ppl havent voted with their wallets and left Verizon by now, or not bought other phones based on other things.....I cant see how a logo on a button is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I get it, its preference, its your opinion. At the end of the day tho....its just a logo on a button. if one wants to take a stance.....take it about them getting rid of unlimited data, or trying to force the Share Everything plans, or the $30 upgrade fee, or getting rid of annual upgrades. Something thats a lil more serious than a logo on a button...

I can't believe this thread has gotten this far without a single person really making a decent clear point.

First and foremost, here is the smoking gun in this case. The Galaxy Note 2 is being released in Asia, Europe, Canada, and the U.S. 5 carriers in the U.S. alone and probably near 50 internationally. Of ALL OF THOSE CARRIERS GUESS HOW MANY FELT THE NEED TO BRAND THE HOME BUTTON? How many? Just 1. A single carrier, Verizon Wireless, modified the phone. This is done as a clear statement and that statement is, "F%^k you, you're going to buy it anyway so we could care less how you feel about it, we're the boss"

The perspective of, "Whatever guys, get over it, it's just a button" is flawed. You make a statement as a customer with these little things. You address them when they are little so they don't one day turn into bigger issues. Verizon is like a child pressing a parent's buttons. You say to the child, "don't leave your room" first they try to touch one foot out of the room carefully, if you say nothing, they step another foot and so on and so forth until you react. The relevant equivalent of this is this. First it's the branded home button, next is something like a small watermark in the corner of the screen like you see on TV channels. They all have the faint logo in the corner. Further than that, something like interrupting your videos as they play on your phone for a quick verizon video ad. Maybe, interrupting your phone calls for a quick, "Phone call provided by Verizon Wireless: number 1 4G coverage" Even if it's not a huge deal now, the point as a responsible consumer is to notice the chance of something getting out of hand and reacting early before it's too big to control.

I'm upset that nobody in your lives has inspired any of you to actual have some thought and perspective? You are all so ready to defend Verizon when they act against the interest of the customer at every turn.

Example: Verizon used to give a "new every two" discount to loyal customers that at one time was as high as $150 dollars off the 2 year price for me. It gradually degraded as time went on and now it's gone completely. Some people have their last new every two discount still available which is only $30 now. Well guess what, Verizon added a nice new "UPGRADE FEE" of $30 this february! So those that still have the miniscule discount will basically have it cancel itself out and those that don't have it get an extra fee that few even question. Most just chock these extra charges up to the famous "PLUS TAXES AND FEES" If you act like a bunch of sheep, you will be led to slaughter by someone trying to profit off of you. Stop being so willing to defend those that could give a s!%t about your experience as a customer, make them work for it.
    My post was in general but it was also addressing this post.....the first sentence in it struck a nerve. Cuz from what I've read....ppl did make decent, clear points. Even the ones I didnt agree with. You might didnt agree with them, but they were decent and clear.
    cormaster628 likes this.
    10-29-2012 06:08 AM
    Branding is a moot point for me. This is the best phone on the market IMO and if they branded the entire phone I would still buy it.
    I've been waiting for this phone for three years.
    10-29-2012 06:50 AM
    People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.-u-mad-bro-.jpg
    Ry and radgatt like this.
    10-29-2012 08:48 AM

Around here, the dealers put a sticker on the car that is VERY hard to remove without damaging the brand-new paint on your brand-new car.

I tend to own cars a lot longer than phones, and they cost a lot more. And you don't even get a discount for allowing the dealer to put the sticker on.

Would I prefer not to have carrier branding on my phones? Yeah. But then again I usually drop a couple hundred on a phone and carry it for 2 years, which is about a 65% discount from buying it unlocked/unbranded. Compare that to a $25,000 car I'll be driving for at least ten years where the dealer branding nets me a $0 discount.
    10-29-2012 10:08 AM
    Wrong meme, bro.
    10-29-2012 10:43 AM
    Around here, the dealers put a sticker on the car that is VERY hard to remove without damaging the brand-new paint on your brand-new car.

I tend to own cars a lot longer than phones, and they cost a lot more. And you don't even get a discount for allowing the dealer to put the sticker on.

Would I prefer not to have carrier branding on my phones? Yeah. But then again I usually drop a couple hundred on a phone and carry it for 2 years, which is about a 65% discount from buying it unlocked/unbranded. Compare that to a $25,000 car I'll be driving for at least ten years where the dealer branding nets me a $0 discount.
    the problem with your analogy is that you have an extreme amount of leverage over the car dealer. If you tell them you won't buy the car with the branding, they will instantly cave and either not put it on to begin with (most dealers put their branding on after the vehicle has been sold and sent to prep/clean up) or remove it before delivery

you dont have that leverage over verizon, you have to take it or leave it
    10-29-2012 10:49 AM
    the problem with your analogy is that you have an extreme amount of leverage over the car dealer. If you tell them you won't buy the car with the branding, they will instantly cave and either not put it on to begin with (most dealers put their branding on after the vehicle has been sold and sent to prep/clean up) or remove it before delivery

you dont have that leverage over verizon, you have to take it or leave it
    I'd rather haggle over the price of the car than the sticker thats put on it.

But that's just me.

PS... I got the same/bogus shipping date as you did (10/26)... what are you showing now???
    10-29-2012 11:33 AM
    mine says "shipment information unavailable at this time" or something to that effect

...looks like we really aren't going to see this thing for another month
    10-29-2012 12:11 PM
    It's like a tramp stamp on a girl.
    C'Mon man! If she's the hotness (like this phone), does it really matter?

Personally the damn thing shouldn't even have a home button. Google announced a year ago physical buttons are no longer necessary. Didn't Samsung get the memo? For a screen that size it needs the least bezel as possible
    The physical home button is my biggest gripe with the Note 2 (or S3). It should really be either all capacitive or on-screen buttons, physical ones are so 20th century (stale like Apple's designs). Either way, Verizon would still put their logo somewhere on the front. I would've preferred it at the top where it currently says Samsung. But in the end though, it's really of no consequence to me as they're minor things to what is otherwise the hotness on Verizon right now!
    10-29-2012 01:05 PM
    so this is who I'm dealing with huh? Suddenly this whole thread makes sense.
    As expected, that would be what you take from my post. Coming from someone who thinks their opinion was the only decent, clear one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    10-30-2012 07:53 AM
    my point IS decent. my point IS clear.

stop praising verizon for treating you like sh&t as customers.
    ?

I don't think anyone is praising Verizon...folks are just saying...it is what it is...how is that praising? Folks may be praising the phone....And I know I didn't praise Verizon....so what are you talking about?

And other folks made decent and clear points....not just you. Looking at your last post has me 2nd guessing your point now....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 07:45 AM
    The people who are mad upset, whatever make me laugh...
    Unless the logo is under glass or plastic it will come right off!
    There's actually youtube videos of taking logos off.
    Get a grip n YouTube
    11-01-2012 12:51 PM
    I'll buy a package of those stickers and put them on their or just ignore it altogether. Its a logo and I would rather it be on the button than all ofer the front of the device.
    11-01-2012 12:55 PM
    Maybe someone can help me understand why everyone is so upset about the branding? Really…
    Are you ashamed you have Verizon? Are you going to port the number over to Sprint?
    I am just at a lost, if you wear clothes (some hopefully, well except my neighbor, she’s smoken) I believe your clothes, sports teams, Nike, polo, etc. are all brands, we wear them and proud by the little alligator on your chest or whatever. I have “Harley” all over my stuff and proud!
    Most cars, even the most expensive have a brand. Hell we all call facial tissues “Kleenex”.
    Maybe someone can explain why the logo is so bad you wouldn’t buy the phone. I am not saying I like it but…..

By the way to this response
    What about the dealerships who put their names and logos onto the car itself?
    That’s what they make fishing line for!, slide it slowly behind and remove the name plate!
    But I’ll bet you still leave the Ford/Chevy/Porsche logo or whatever there?
    11-02-2012 08:24 AM
65 123