People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Around here, the dealers put a sticker on the car that is VERY hard to remove without damaging the brand-new paint on your brand-new car.

I tend to own cars a lot longer than phones, and they cost a lot more. And you don't even get a discount for allowing the dealer to put the sticker on.

Would I prefer not to have carrier branding on my phones? Yeah. But then again I usually drop a couple hundred on a phone and carry it for 2 years, which is about a 65% discount from buying it unlocked/unbranded. Compare that to a $25,000 car I'll be driving for at least ten years where the dealer branding nets me a $0 discount.

the problem with your analogy is that you have an extreme amount of leverage over the car dealer. If you tell them you won't buy the car with the branding, they will instantly cave and either not put it on to begin with (most dealers put their branding on after the vehicle has been sold and sent to prep/clean up) or remove it before delivery

you dont have that leverage over verizon, you have to take it or leave it

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
the problem with your analogy is that you have an extreme amount of leverage over the car dealer. If you tell them you won't buy the car with the branding, they will instantly cave and either not put it on to begin with (most dealers put their branding on after the vehicle has been sold and sent to prep/clean up) or remove it before delivery

you dont have that leverage over verizon, you have to take it or leave it

I'd rather haggle over the price of the car than the sticker thats put on it.

But that's just me. :)

PS... I got the same/bogus shipping date as you did (10/26)... what are you showing now???

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
mine says "shipment information unavailable at this time" or something to that effect

...looks like we really aren't going to see this thing for another month

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's like a tramp stamp on a girl.

C'Mon man! If she's the hotness (like this phone), does it really matter? :p :cool:

Personally the damn thing shouldn't even have a home button. Google announced a year ago physical buttons are no longer necessary. Didn't Samsung get the memo? For a screen that size it needs the least bezel as possible

The physical home button is my biggest gripe with the Note 2 (or S3). It should really be either all capacitive or on-screen buttons, physical ones are so 20th century (stale like Apple's designs). Either way, Verizon would still put their logo somewhere on the front. I would've preferred it at the top where it currently says Samsung. But in the end though, it's really of no consequence to me as they're minor things to what is otherwise the hotness on Verizon right now! :)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
so this is who I'm dealing with huh? Suddenly this whole thread makes sense.

As expected, that would be what you take from my post. Coming from someone who thinks their opinion was the only decent, clear one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
my point IS decent. my point IS clear.

stop praising verizon for treating you like sh&t as customers.

?

I don't think anyone is praising Verizon...folks are just saying...it is what it is...how is that praising? Folks may be praising the phone....And I know I didn't praise Verizon....so what are you talking about?

And other folks made decent and clear points....not just you. Looking at your last post has me 2nd guessing your point now....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
The people who are mad upset, whatever make me laugh...
Unless the logo is under glass or plastic it will come right off!
There's actually youtube videos of taking logos off.
Get a grip n YouTube

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy a package of those stickers and put them on their or just ignore it altogether. Its a logo and I would rather it be on the button than all ofer the front of the device.

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me understand why everyone is so upset about the branding? Really…
Are you ashamed you have Verizon? Are you going to port the number over to Sprint?
I am just at a lost, if you wear clothes (some hopefully, well except my neighbor, she’s smoken) I believe your clothes, sports teams, Nike, polo, etc. are all brands, we wear them and proud by the little alligator on your chest or whatever. I have “Harley” all over my stuff and proud!
Most cars, even the most expensive have a brand. Hell we all call facial tissues “Kleenex”.
Maybe someone can explain why the logo is so bad you wouldn’t buy the phone. I am not saying I like it but…..

By the way to this response
What about the dealerships who put their names and logos onto the car itself?
That’s what they make fishing line for!, slide it slowly behind and remove the name plate!
But I’ll bet you still leave the Ford/Chevy/Porsche logo or whatever there?

Irish1842

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me understand why everyone is so upset about the branding? Really…

In my opinion, the home button branding makes a very elegant and streamlined design seem cluttered and tacky. The placement is just awkward and doesn't work visually. That is a big deal for some people, which I totally understand. For your clothes analogy, it would be like your new Nikes having an ugly Famous Footwear logo on the tounge or something. I'm sure people would love to show off their awesome new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Instead they have to show off their tacky phone from Verizon. Really, who brags about their carrier?:p

Others are simply upset that Verizon was the only carrier to do this. So your friend may have the clean AT&T version, but you're stuck with the tacky Verizon one. Again some people don't care about this kind of stuff, but it shouldn't matter if they do.

I think it was a dumb move, and have no problem is someone doesn't buy the phone because of the look or on principle for Verizon being so heavy-handed in their advertising. More power to them. It won't prevent me from buying one (if I can finally decide between the Note 2 and the S3 lol). But if I end up with the Note 2, I plan on putting something over the home button to give it a cleaner look.

BTW, good luck with your neighbor! ;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind carrier logo's on the phone to a point, but it should be smack in your face or on a button. As mentioned her on AC The first Verizon Galaxy Note 2 accessory you'll want to buy | Android Central and $10 is a lot to pay for stickers, but its an option. As for car dealers doing it, I have never purchased a car with dealer branding on it. Its a condition of the sale that is written in when I purchase my car(s). I am happy to tell people where I got the car, the quality of service etc, but I don't need a tag on my trunk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Who cares is right. My Maxx HD has Verizon written right under the screen and you dont us complaining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Who cares is right. My Maxx HD has Verizon written right under the screen and you dont us complaining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

That's a Verizon flagship bloated DROID its completely different when every other carrier got the phone and didnt slap their branding all over the front of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's a Verizon flagship bloated DROID its completely different when every other carrier got the phone and didnt slap their branding all over the front of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Flagship or not, it's a logo. I understand why some are against it but the excessive hatred seems unwarranted. But hey, that's just me. Damn Acura for putting an Acura badge on my TSX. :D

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just a matter of time before someone figures out how to remove the logo. When the BB 9900/9930 launched, people didn't like the carrier logo at the bottom. Someone figured out all it took was a copper (genuine copper) penny and it would rub right off. I bet it will be something easy.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Flagship or not, it's a logo. I understand why some are against it but the excessive hatred seems unwarranted. But hey, that's just me. Damn Acura for putting an Acura badge on my TSX. :D

That's not the same thing. Acura is the manufacturer of you car. Samsung is the manufacturer of the phone. No one is complaining about the Samsung logos. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if you had an Acura of Illinois logo on you hood of you car though.

Sno4Life

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That's not the same thing. Acura is the manufacturer of you car. Samsung is the manufacturer of the phone. No one is complaining about the Samsung logos. I bet you'd be pretty pissed off if you had an Acura of Illinois logo on you hood of you car though.

True, but most cars have some sort of dealer insignia placed on them, and that is the exact same thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance