11-14-2012 05:29 PM
65 123
tools
    So recently the Verizon logo on the Note 2 is meeting a lot of controversy right now. I've heard some very extreme reactions by the fans over this move by Big Red, from the less extreme of people saying that now they won't get this phone over a logo, to the disturbing of people saying that the people of Verizon should be raped and murdered. Over a logo. A tiny logo that you probably won't be paying much attention to anyway when you use the device anyway. I agree that the logo does make the note a tiny bit less good looking, but not much at all, in my opinion. I've heard people say that they don't want advertising on their devices and that they don't want to be "reminded that they still belong to Verizon everytime they see the button and that they're reminded that they have to pay bills. (even though you probably wouldn't forget which service provider you use anyway)." This reminds me of when you buy a car at a dealer, in which you get dealer plates; most could care less about them and don't bother removing them, and others can't stand plates and remove them ASAP.

It's interesting to touch on upon the fact that the Motorola Droid RAZR line of phones, of which all of them also have a Verizon logo on the middle of the bottom of the front of the phones, didn't meet nearly, if any at all, backlash over the logo. Ironic, isn't it?

If you really hate the logo that much, you can:

A. Spend $10 on a sticker to cover it
    B. Try some other way of removing the logo at the risk of damaging the Note
    C. Buy an iPhone 5 (which has no carrier branding at all)
    D. Spend a heavy contract termination fee if you're contract isn't up yet to get then buy the GN2 on another carrier.
    E. Buy the 4G LTE-less international version for a high price
    F. Don't buy the phone at all
    G. Buy it with the logo on it and deal with it

I'm going to go with G on this one.

I think we're acting a bit childish about a logo. No, not a bit childish. REALLY childish. C'mon. Really? First world problems at their very worst right here, people.

Just my 2 cents.
    10-28-2012 10:59 AM
    I personally could care less. I think it is Verizon being arrogant but I will not let it stop me from buying the device. Now, losing my unlimited data when I upgrade! That could be a reason to leave Big Red all together and goto Sprint!
    Jussumguy88 likes this.
    10-28-2012 11:41 AM
    I personally could care less. I think it is Verizon being arrogant but I will not let it stop me from buying the device. Now, losing my unlimited data when I upgrade! That could be a reason to leave Big Red all together and goto Sprint!
    a) upgrade and lose unlimited data.

b) pay full retail and keep unlimited data.

Notice I didnt include Sprint as c) .... their "unlimited" gets throttled at a certain point, their 4G network is a joke.

I went with b) myself.
    lastsamurai57 likes this.
    10-28-2012 11:49 AM
    I don't know what the big deal is either. VZW has done this type of thing a lot over the years with the phones they sell. Look at the RAZR phones alone. The Verizon logo is almost always somewhere on the front of the phone.

I can remember peeling off the Airtouch stickers from my beepers way back when too.
    Jude526 and Ry like this.
    10-28-2012 11:50 AM
    Umm not sure what you're talking about when you say sprints 4G I'd a joke. Where I live in the Kansas City metro area the speeds smoke Verizon. It takes a bit of time but ask someone from a area of Chicago too that's been rebuilt. A general statement that speaks for sprint as a whole isn't really a accurate one at that.
    Also there is no throttling of data on sprints network.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Slingbox and CardcaptorRLH85 like this.
    10-28-2012 12:02 PM
    It's like a tramp stamp on a girl.
    10-28-2012 12:03 PM
    Umm not sure what you're talking about when you say sprints 4G I'd a joke. Where I live in the Kansas City metro area the speeds smoke Verizon. It takes a bit of time but ask someone from a area of Chicago too that's been rebuilt. A general statement that speaks for sprint as a whole isn't really a accurate one at that.
    Also there is no throttling of data on sprints network.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    And this is what I'm smoking, VZW 4GLTE, St. Paul, MN.

People are getting mad about the logo on the home button. I don't get it.-uploadfromtaptalk1351445174385.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    StayFly and mccabegc like this.
    10-28-2012 12:26 PM
    Yea, my area is currently under sprint's "network vision process" so i know their LTE is right around the corner. I just dont know what to expect. Buying full price is not really an option if I want to get it on release day.

I have a little bit of time to decide though
    10-28-2012 12:45 PM
    Hey would it be a good idea to go with the Share Everything plan instead of buying at full retail price so I can keep unlimited data?
    10-28-2012 02:52 PM
    NM, reread ?.
    10-28-2012 02:59 PM
    Just swung buy a best buy and asked if they had any of the carriers GN2's, and the guy working there said, "Nope, and we do not know anything about when we get one either, but ZOMG DID YOU HEAR THAT VERIZON PUT A LABEL ON THE BUTTON!!!!!" I felt deeply saddened that was all he could tell me.

BTW the button is so small compared to the phone, I am not going to give one damn about it.
    jroc likes this.
    10-28-2012 03:06 PM
    Hey would it be a good idea to go with the Share Everything plan instead of buying at full retail price so I can keep unlimited data?
    It depends on how much data you use. I have 3 smartphones and we NEVER us more than 1.6 GB per month! We don't download movies or play games on-line; we surf the web, send text messages, receive our emails, etc..I pay for unlimited, but never use it, so I went to the 2GB plan and will save $10 a month...IF we ever go over it will cost $10 per GB.
    10-28-2012 03:34 PM
    Don't care about the branded home button. Not going to be looking at the button anyway. Just the awesome screen.

jroc and corymcnutt like this.
    10-28-2012 03:53 PM
    I would prefer not to have the logo, but it's not a deal breaker. What bothers me is not being able to have the phone for another month. I stopped in a Tmobile store and was pretty upset they had them in stock and Verizon is making us wait.

jroc likes this.
    10-28-2012 04:57 PM
    Remember, Verizon is the customer for Samsung. Not the end-users.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    10-28-2012 05:06 PM
    It obvious, if a phone was the "Perfect" phone, ppl would still find something to complain about. And... Ur still going to buy the phone anyway.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Ry and jroc like this.
    10-28-2012 06:15 PM
    I would prefer not to have the logo, but it's not a deal breaker. What bothers me is not being able to have the phone for another month. I stopped in a Tmobile store and was pretty upset they had them in stock and Verizon is making us wait.

I read where MANY of the stores are out of the phone and only a few were sent to each store. I think Verizon has to wait because Samsung can't supply them in quantities that it needs to fill orders.
    10-28-2012 06:31 PM
    It's awesome you're fine with it, but I find it more strange that you are so concerned with their opinion just cause it's different than yours. I personally wouldn't mind the logo on the front if it was somewhere else. I just find it tacky that they chose to put it on a functional aspect of the phone. To me since you use the button, it would be just like if it was on the screen. It's easy to ignore the logo if its just in a random locale. But on the button, it's impossible to ignore.

But either way, since it bothers me, i would buy the at&t version on Straight Talk. Nevertheless, if you are bothered by them not liking it, I point out that you probably don't need to concern yourself with their opinion unless it directly affects you.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    10-28-2012 06:50 PM
    I can't stand carrier logos but if you get a carrier subsidized phone you need to just deal with it. Truth be told the phone isn't a Samsung phone, it's a Verizon phone, Samsung is just the contractor who builds it, so it's going to have the Verizon logo on it for sure. Why get mad about it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-2012 07:22 PM
    FWIW:
    Having the Samsung logo equates with having Calvin Klein on jeans; having the Verizon logo is like having J.C. Penney (a jeans outlet) on jeans.

But I absolutely wouldn't permit the V logo on the button to prevent my using the awesome Note II! As a previous poster noted, the display will own my attention and that of my observers.
    10-28-2012 07:57 PM
    I can't stand carrier logos but if you get a carrier subsidized phone you need to just deal with it. Truth be told the phone isn't a Samsung phone, it's a Verizon phone, Samsung is just the contractor who builds it, so it's going to have the Verizon logo on it for sure. Why get mad about it?

Exactly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    10-28-2012 07:59 PM

The people getting MAD are illogical. But it's very understandable to be irritated. But I even get new license plates frames when I buy a car. I don't need to advertise for the dealers.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    10-28-2012 08:02 PM
    difference is, the license plate frames come off in 2 seconds without any damage to the car

...same can't be said about verizon's bs logo
    10-28-2012 08:20 PM
    Its different then the razr phones....it looks tacky by putting it on the home button they could have put it just above the home button...theres better places for it then the home button...looks very weird and looks like it shouldnt be there

10-28-2012 08:54 PM
    Guys... Gals...

It is what it is.........
    radgatt and Ry like this.
    10-28-2012 08:59 PM
65 123