Anyone waiting till Black Friday to see if they have deals on the Note 2? I know last year I picked up a Rezound from Costco I believe for $50. Im hoping they will have deals like that this year. I thought, might as well since the preorders dont ship till the 27th anyways.
    10-31-2012 06:57 PM
    Id pre order as you can cancel at any time!!! And then reorder on black Friday if there's a sale!!!
    11-01-2012 09:38 AM
    I doubt if there will be a sale on this phone before it actually launches.
    The ship date for most pre-orders is being reported as 11-27 by most posters.
    Verizon would be giving away money by reducing the price on the phone for the thousands that have already commited to the current price.
    Also, Android Central showed the Verizon Minimum Advertised Price list which showed the 16gb GN2 at $299 through 4-24-13. They could possibly sell it for less before then but only I believe by rebate or some other unadvertised method.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    11-01-2012 10:36 AM
    I was hoping they would be smarter and launch this on Black Friday but no, its Verizon so they will ride it out a week. My bigger concern is they will release the 32GB version in January time frame and really **** me off.
    11-01-2012 12:52 PM
    Anyone waiting till Black Friday to see if they have deals on the Note 2? I know last year I picked up a Rezound from Costco I believe for $50. Im hoping they will have deals like that this year. I thought, might as well since the preorders dont ship till the 27th anyways.
    I'm waiting it out as well. However, I am also still undecided. I had a t-bolt and really like the size....through a series of trades/sales on craigslist I've also had a Galaxy Nexus, then a iphone 4s, then back to a nexus, so I've gotten used to the larger nexus phone, just not sure I want to step up to a yet larger Note2....spec wise i'm down with it, I just need to go to a sprint store and check one out in person I guess. I have a family plan with my wife and my mom on it. My mom has a upgrade available and is currently on a 2gb data plan for her Iphone 4, so I can order the Note 2 on her line, activate it, then reactivate her back the iphone, then swap the note 2 over to my line and keep my unlimited data, so I have a work-around for that as well....just still undecided. The Nexus has really been a good phone and I do like it, but after traveling to New England a few weeks ago on vacation I got some first hand experience with the horrible reception issues that others talk about.....so that has motivated me to look for a replacement.

Also, howdy from a fellow Knoxvillian!

Justin
    11-02-2012 09:49 AM
    Yes I've been reading over on the tbolt forum on how to keep unlimited data. I have a question for ya though. When you drop the note 2 and reactivate the feature phone. Will the data you had to sign up for remain on that line or not?. I'm actually in sevierville, but its always cool to find someone local on forums1

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums
    11-02-2012 11:04 AM
    Yes I've been reading over on the tbolt forum on how to keep unlimited data. I have a question for ya though. When you drop the note 2 and reactivate the feature phone. Will the data you had to sign up for remain on that line or not?. I'm actually in sevierville, but its always cool to find someone local on forums1

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums
    The line I would order it on actually has a 2gb data plan, its an Iphone, so it would mearly extend the contract by 2 years, I would not have to add a data plan and then take one away....mearly extend the contract, activate the note 2, re-activate the iphone, then I am free to activate the note 2 over on my unlimited line.

Justin
    11-02-2012 11:36 AM
    I know many users try to figure out how to keep the unlimited data, but I can say Verizon will work very diligently to weed those plans out over the long term. As for me I have a 14GB plan and my SMARTphone and tablets are not the data hogs, my MiFi's are since they are what we use for Internet at home (country living has its ups and downs). All I can say is keep on getting it while you can
    11-02-2012 12:05 PM
    I'm hoping it's actually released around mid-Nov, and then they have some sort of special starting on BF (perhaps to keep it in line with the HTC DNA). My upgrade isn't until the 27th, so I have to wait anyway.
    11-02-2012 12:59 PM
    I will be waiting as well. I am not overly optimistic about them offering any kind of discount on the GN2 itself, but I do hope they have another "Double your data" promotion or something along those lines. I will be giving up my unlimited data plan to get this bad boy. (my wife would do bad things to me if I paid $700 for a phone) I have tracked my data usage and discovered that I rarely use more than 3 gb. Even when hotspotting. So I can easily get a 10 gb shared plan with my wife's phone (she seldom uses more than 1 gb.) and not get anywhere close to my limit. And that keeps my monthly bill at the same level I am currently at.

But if they have a double data promo then I can further increase my safety buffer or lower my monthly bill a bit. And maybe I will get lucky and Best buy, Amazon, or Wal-mart will offer an in store/online discount
    11-02-2012 01:02 PM
    So with the 10gb level you are breaking even with your unlimited? Seems like you a paying a but much then for something. Id really like to have a gn2 just have to wait and see

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    11-02-2012 03:08 PM
    I break even for the most part. There was a recent trip where I was the only person in our group that had any type of cellular signal. So I hotspotted for everyone in our group. For 3 days. That ran my data up and damn near burned my poor little DX2 to a cinder!! But it worked out all right.
    11-02-2012 06:01 PM