Obsessed

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am checking this forum and Google literally ever hour at the very least for anything related to the Note 2. I get obsessed with new electronic releases and follow them to all ends of the internet like a crazy person searching for everything I can find on it. I am one of those people that goes to the Verizon store 3-4 hours early for their new phone and I wait in line for new video game consoles sometimes for 2-3 days!!

Call me crazy or what have you but I thoroughly enjoy being an early innovator and having the newest technology first!

Its a lot of fun for me digging around finding information and reading reviews and such. I believe this time around though I will actually be ordering online for the first time but I am worried that I may not get the phone on launch day. What is your experience as far as new phone arrival when ordering online?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt-Note 2 soon!!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't care much to be the early adopter, I prefer to have others play the role of Guinea pig. That way I can get real world feedback and make my decision from there.

As to ordering online, I've only done it once. It arrived before the official launch in the store.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I'm not an early adapter......I'm a self confessed phone whore. If a new device comes out, I get it. :D

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never done a pre-order or purchased my phones online. More times than not you'll receive your phone a day ahead of launch.

It's rare I do the standing in line thing but for the Sprint Note 2 (S'Note I call it on forums) I was at the store 2 hrs early. Normally most store opens at 10 a.m but there's one which opens at 8 a.m.....that's where I went. In at 8 and back home playing in 20 min.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the general consensus is that ordering online is a good way to go. Has everyone pretty much received their phone on or before the actual launch date?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
But when is the launch date for this phone? I will be the first in line at my Verizon store if we ever get a confirmed date.

The Nottinator

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I'm not an early adapter......I'm a self confessed phone whore. If a new device comes out, I get it. :D

Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
But when is the launch date for this phone? I will be the first in line at my Verizon store if we ever get a confirmed date.

The Nottinator

I usually am first in line at my local store but I feel like I want to try out the online ordering process. It's all up in the air right now for me because of the silence that has behooved the release date.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

Maybe you should switch to a cheaper addiction, like drugs or strippers. O:)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else enjoy the waiting in line process?

Or is online ordering better meaning you'll get the phone on time or before?

Last edited:

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else enjoy the waiting in line process?

Or is online ordering better meaning you'll get the phone on time or before?

I don't preorder. To many variables. I usually call 2 days before and if they will sell to me then I get it the next day. Sometimes you can get lucky and have it a day early. If not on the morning of release I call one of three corporate stores in my area and I have them hold one or two for me. Never have failed to have one on release day. Knock on wood. With the lack of advertising, with the release of all the droids and iPhone, and the fact it will be to big for most peoples taste, shouldn't have a problem walking into local corporate store and pick one up.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't preorder. To many variables. I usually call 2 days before and if they will sell to me then I get it the next day. Sometimes you can get lucky and have it a day early. If not on the morning of release I call one of three corporate stores in my area and I have them hold one or two for me. Never have failed to have one on release day. Knock on wood. With the lack of advertising, with the release of all the droids and iPhone, and the fact it will be to big for most peoples taste, shouldn't have a problem walking into local corporate store and pick one up.

I may just go that route since its a process that I enjoy doing. I guess I would wonder, since I'm doing an upgrade on my other line, will they just let me buy the phone and leave so I can unbox it myself and activate it at home? The last few times they just ripped open the box and activated it all for me which I don't want them to do this time.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'd rather go in-store than order online. That way, I can check the phone for defects and swap it out on the spot instead of going through the whole mailing process and stuff.

I could be wrong though, are returning online purchases the same as getting in store? I've never really ordered before :confused:

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
This is a good thread. I am obsessed with the phone as well, and honestly this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone online. I am hoping that mine will arrive with no defects. I am so excited for this phone I want it in my hands now!

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good thread. I am obsessed with the phone as well, and honestly this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone online. I am hoping that mine will arrive with no defects. I am so excited for this phone I want it in my hands now!

- - - Updated - - -

OchoCILINDROS

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you ask them to leave it boxed with out opening they should respect that. All they would do is register the LTE sim card and you can easily put that in at your house and you are all setup. I honestly hate it when you know more about the phone than the sales rep and he does the unboxing and first time setup for you. I guess the advantage to buying online is that this never happens.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I may just go that route since its a process that I enjoy doing. I guess I would wonder, since I'm doing an upgrade on my other line, will they just let me buy the phone and leave so I can unbox it myself and activate it at home? The last few times they just ripped open the box and activated it all for me which I don't want them to do this time.

I am guessing you are getting it for someone else... otherwise the sim card married to the upgrade line unless you have a mini sim card from another phone. It will have to be activated before you can switch phones around. If that's the case its smart to take which ever phone your switching around in with you and get it all done at once. My experience. Once activated they don't do anymore unless you ask them to. It's different if you pay full retail than on contract. Pay retail and you can walk out of there as soon as you pay for it.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'd rather go in-store than order online. That way, I can check the phone for defects and swap it out on the spot instead of going through the whole mailing process and stuff.

I could be wrong though, are returning online purchases the same as getting in store? I've never really ordered before :confused:

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

If you buy online or over the phone you have to deal with it in the same manner. If you buy in store they will replace it in store for the first 14 days. After return policy you have to deal with customer service-tech/ support on line or phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci