Obsessed

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

I tend to have the tablet problem too (Ipad 2, Note 2 7.0, and Note 10.1) but they sit around more than anything. There is nothing like cracking open the box of a new device.....geez, I really am a phone whore. Meet ya at the the club at 10....... :D

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The last few times when I've gotten a new phone, Sprint said they HAD to activate it at time of purchase. Something to do with keeping their employees honest.
I wanted to do it myself at home. I factory reset every new phone/tablet before use which is why I wanted to do it. As soon as they hand me my activated phone, I reset it anyway.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never upgraded a phone with a sim card in it...I have a Bionic and transferred my wife's upgrade (dumb phone) to order the Note 2. Then we were going to transfer my Bionic to her phone number. Will the Note 2 come with it's own sim card? Do I have to use my Bionic sim card in the Note?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing you are getting it for someone else... otherwise the sim card married to the upgrade line unless you have a mini sim card from another phone. It will have to be activated before you can switch phones around. If that's the case its smart to take which ever phone your switching around in with you and get it all done at once. My experience. Once activated they don't do anymore unless you ask them to. It's different if you pay full retail than on contract. Pay retail and you can walk out of there as soon as you pay for it.

I'm not getting it for someone else but rather I am using my basic phone line upgrade to purchase the phone and would just feel more comfortable activating, reactivating, and deactivating at my home rather than have to describe the process to the sales reps. I do prefer going in store so I may actually still go this route! Not sure yet.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The last few times when I've gotten a new phone, Sprint said they HAD to activate it at time of purchase. Something to do with keeping their employees honest.
I wanted to do it myself at home. I factory reset every new phone/tablet before use which is why I wanted to do it. As soon as they hand me my activated phone, I reset it anyway.

I also factory reset any new device when I first get it just so it's at a known clean state. :) I'm also very OCD :-[ in that I don't want anyone touching my new device, outside the manufacturer. Don't want anyone's paws, in particular finger prints on my stuff man! :p

I'm also obsessive when I get my eye on a new device. For the past two or so weeks, I've been scouring these forums and the web regarding the Note 2, looking at all kinds of info on the phone and accessories. Once I've gotten enough information and feel comfortable about it, I pull the trigger and prefer to get it online (in this case had to pre-order), as I absolutely have no patience waiting in lines at stores or dealing with store employees. Just get me the device and I?ll take it from there. :) Funny though, otherwise I'm very patient waiting for the device to ship to me, although I'll obsessively track it once it does and always try to plan to be home for delivery so I can play with it immediately!. :p

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've never upgraded a phone with a sim card in it...I have a Bionic and transferred my wife's upgrade (dumb phone) to order the Note 2. Then we were going to transfer my Bionic to her phone number. Will the Note 2 come with it's own sim card? Do I have to use my Bionic sim card in the Note?

Your bionic sim card will not fit. You get a new sim card with your Note II.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I tend to have the tablet problem too (Ipad 2, Note 2 7.0, and Note 10.1) but they sit around more than anything. There is nothing like cracking open the box of a new device.....geez, I really am a phone whore. Meet ya at the the club at 10....... :D

Lol. It's definitely a disease.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You guys are hilarious.
I too try to read everything on the GN2.
But I am very content to do a ton of research and let you guys report back the initial performance results.
I won't get my GN2 until after the 1st of the year following positive reviews from you eager, anal, compulsive, fellow Lte users.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You guys are hilarious.
I too try to read everything on the GN2.
But I am very content to do a ton of research and let you guys report back the initial performance results.
I won't get my GN2 until after the 1st of the year following positive reviews from you eager, anal, compulsive, fellow Lte users.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Glad we can be of assistance to you; nice to know we can do the dirty work for you! :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been an early adopter for many things and now that I am iOS free I have the cash to get whichever Android phone and tablet I want. The GN2 is my phone choice, still working on the tablet choice and deciding what is most important, or should I wait for CES 2013 to see what is really going to be hot.

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont care about being an early adopter, I just REALLY wanted to Note 1. Unfortunately I'm on Verizon and they never got that phone but once i heard the Note 2 was coming I knew Verizon would get it and i've just been obsessed about buying it.

I'm mostly buying it to have something different. And so i can look like a jerk for having a giant phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol i feel the same way i just really want this phone. i dont think ill have the giant phone problem, no one i know actually calls me they just text. Even my mother texts me..... Now that i think of it maybe im just really boring to talk to :-\

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ordered my sg3 the moment preorders opened and did get it early. however, i think those that preordered later got sent out later......i don't know this for sure though. my online ordering experience was great.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ordered my sg3 the moment preorders opened and did get it early. however, i think those that preordered later got sent out later......i don't know this for sure though. my online ordering experience was great.

I have yet to preorder the Note 2 but plan on doing so. If I preorder in the next dew days do you think I will still get it by release day?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
in the s3 forums someone referenced a different ship date when they preordered on a later date, but they knew right away on the confirmation with the estimated ship date. last time i looked at the verizon website the preorder is still saying "shipping by 11/27".....the s3 got to us who had pre ordered quite a few days ahead of the instore availability, so you should be golden if you preorder

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
in the s3 forums someone referenced a different ship date when they preordered on a later date, but they knew right away on the confirmation with the estimated ship date. last time i looked at the verizon website the preorder is still saying "shipping by 11/27".....the s3 got to us who had pre ordered quite a few days ahead of the instore availability, so you should be golden if you preorder

Awesome. I'm in the middle of preordering now!!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

i too obsess over devices but honestly, ONCE you get your Galaxy Note 2, be prepared for that addiction to subside or even "end".... There's almost no point to "look any further".... (for now anyway, until the release of the Galxy Note III, that is : ) : ) : )

BEFORE owning the amazing Note II, i used to HAVE to read and even try out (and willingly pay the $35.00 restocking fee just to SEE if its worth getting) or wind up buying a new phone outright, only to resell it at approx $200 or so loss, husband used to complain but once i told him if you average my new device addiction every couple of months to a, "monthly $50 or so hobby expense", compared it to his cigarette & beer expense, (i don't drink OR smoke) its relatively cheap. Shut him right up, he hasn't made a peep about it since then...lol

But back to THIS device, like i said, once you have it, you may STILL read up on new & upcoming phones, but that urge, "to go get a phone BETTER than what you currently have" will be gone, or at least SEVERELY decreased, i promise you that :-*

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae