Would you pay 699 for the note 2

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I told a buddy at my work I'm gonna be getting the note 2 for 299 and he told me he was going to upgrade early and pay 699. I told him he is nuts, What do you think?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's too much $! Can't he get an update transferred from someone?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Considering what a phone can do nowadays, I don't think a price tag of $699 is unreasonable. I'm not quite sure what else is out there that is comparable to a phone that is portable and is an all-in-one device that can do gaming, media, picture taking, talk, text, web surf, NFC, using it to swipe credit cards, and etc.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Considering what a phone can do nowadays, I don't think a price tag of $699 is unreasonable. I'm not quite sure what else is out there that is comparable to a phone that is portable and is an all-in-one device that can do gaming, media, picture taking, talk, text, web surf, NFC, using it to swipe credit cards, and etc.

I agree. Thats why I'm getting one. Hope the flash .apk will work.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am getting it at full freight. But its all relative. Ill sell the GS3 for $250ish to offset the cost and then one day sell the Note 2 for $250ish to pay for the next greatest thing. The cycle will never end.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am getting it at full freight. But its all relative. Ill sell the GS3 for $250ish to offset the cost and then one day sell the Note 2 for $250ish to pay for the next greatest thing. The cycle will never end.

Exactly. You can also check Swappa - they will be flooded when it finally drops. I'll be paying the full monty as well, but it is what it is.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What about adding a line and getting the note for $300? $10 a month for the second line over the course of 2 years is $240 + $300 for the note equals $540.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What about adding a line and getting the note for $300? $10 a month for the second line over the course of 2 years is $240 + $300 for the note equals $540.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

It's not really 10 bucks a month - don't forget the taxes and fees. That pushes it close to 17 bucks a month. That makes it $707 over two years plus the $30 upgrade fee.

I am contemplating adding a line, buying the GN2, then cancelling the line. $299 plus $350 termination fee equals $649. Unsure if you get tagged with the $30 upgrade fee though.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I want to keep unlimited data. It's really the only way, unless I wait and try to find one on Craigslist

I would be in the same boat. If I want to keep my unlimited grandfathered 4G plan, which I do, I would have to buy the new phone at full retail price. Sucks, but I guess that's the only way. $699 is steep if you consider that it costs the same as a decent laptop or tablet nowadays. Nevertheless, the Note 2 is tempting, as I would use it as a tablet replacement with its large screen.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm paying full retail for the Note 2 (pre-ordered already). I did the same with the Thunderbolt ($599) back in April 2011 as I decided then to stop playing the upgrade game and stay off contract. So this time it's really a side benefit to keep unlimited data by paying full retail. Money is not an issue and I'm otherwise very frugal with it, so I have no problem occasionally laying out for something I really want and value. The Note 2 is a beast! It really is like a super mini-computer, so the extra $100 over what I paid for the Thunderbolt is well worth it to me! :)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No, you can add a line without converting to the share everything plan.

Ok, then what about data access for the new line?
I'm trying to see where the $10 + fees comes from.
Looking on the Verizon website if i go to add a line it says smartphones requires a $40 data plan on the share everything plan.
That isn't word for word but that's pretty much it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, then what about data access for the new line?
I'm trying to see where the $10 + fees comes from.
Looking on the Verizon website if i go to add a line it says smartphones requires a $40 data plan on the share everything plan.
That isn't word for word but that's pretty much it.

While that is technically true, the rep and remove the data requirement and add a "dummy" phone to the extra line. They he/she can move the new device to your line. The extra line is 9.99 but they add taxes and surcharges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX