Galaxy Note II vs HTC DNA?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well said. Both of these phones blows iPhone 5 out of water.
If you can't live with size of Note 2, then get DNA. Likewise if you can't deal with limited storage, battery in DNA, go with Note 2.

Why not consider the Nexus 4 in this mix? So cheap + similar LCD screen to the DNA.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If it were on Verizon, I'd love to consider it.

Right. I always forget about that. In Canada I believe all of our networks support LTE and HSPA+. Time to pack your bags for the great white north. :sly:

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Right. I always forget about that. In Canada I believe all of our networks support LTE and HSPA+. Time to pack your bags for the great white north. :sly:

I heard contracts were three years in Canada

Sent from my PC36100

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard contracts were three years in Canada

Sent from my PC36100

They are. So nasty. But quite often we can get top phones for free on contract. Not iturds, but the S3 was free.

Regardless... Hello Nexus 4. Hello no contract.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
They are. So nasty. But quite often we can get top phones for free on contract. Not iturds, but the S3 was free.

Regardless... Hello Nexus 4. Hello no contract.

That's terrible but yea you made the right decision leaving contracts I have no choice but to be stuck with a carrier lol

Sent from my PC36100

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's terrible but yea you made the right decision leaving contracts I have no choice but to be stuck with a carrier lol

Sent from my PC36100

Can't you get a Nexus 4 and go on to something else?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't you get a Nexus 4 and go on to something else?

In theory I could but my job pays for my whole cellphone bill and I love the nexus idea but 16gb is too little memory for me if a 32gb nexus is released ill get it

Sent from my PC36100

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
HTC DNA vs Samsung Note II - Our Analysis
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. HTC Droid DNA: Premier Phablet Face-Off [VIDEOS] - International Business Times
http://www.mobilebloom.com/can-the-...e-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-head-on/2224878/
DROID DNA Review: Love It Or Hate It, This Is Verizon's Best DROID Yet

HTC Droid DNA review: A superphone with flaws - Computerworld

Don't know how credible these sites are but you know know the old saying about opinions. I thought I would give ya all something to do tonight. Questions have been raised about internal memory size options, processor power, etc.
The last link is very interesting to me. It is a DNA review. 2 pages long. Be sure to read both pages. Some is consistent to a few other reviews I have read.

Hope this helps answer a few questions, thoughts and give us guys more to comment on.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly either phone will be excellent it just comes down to what the user wants, as Android will always offer more features, functions and options and iOS period. That said I wanted the stylus and ability to use the S-Pen and S-Notes between devices.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
HTC DNA vs Samsung Note II - Our Analysis
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. HTC Droid DNA: Premier Phablet Face-Off [VIDEOS] - International Business Times
http://www.mobilebloom.com/can-the-...e-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-head-on/2224878/
DROID DNA Review: Love It Or Hate It, This Is Verizon's Best DROID Yet

HTC Droid DNA review: A superphone with flaws - Computerworld

Don't know how credible these sites are but you know know the old saying about opinions. I thought I would give ya all something to do tonight. Questions have been raised about internal memory size options, processor power, etc.
The last link is very interesting to me. It is a DNA review. 2 pages long. Be sure to read both pages. Some is consistent to a few other reviews I have read.

Hope this helps answer a few questions, thoughts and give us guys more to comment on.

I read that last review.....interesting that my Rezound also has capacitive buttons that don't light when you need them. They are also overly sensitive IMO. And Sense is somewhat bloated. I think the HTC phones optimized to run Sense apps. And no launcher I tried was snappy enough to use. Small battery as usual. I'm getting the Note 2. Hopefully the radio will be as good as the Rezound. That part of the phone is most excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I read that last review.....interesting that my Rezound also has capacitive buttons that don't light when you need them. They are also overly sensitive IMO. And Sense is somewhat bloated. I think the HTC phones optimized to run Sense apps. And no launcher I tried was snappy enough to use. Small battery as usual. I'm getting the Note 2. Hopefully the radio will be as good as the Rezound. That part of the phone is most excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The radios in the Rezound are the best so far. We had 4 on our lines at one time and 2 Razr Maxx'es and Rezound's were always stronger. The Maxx has better radios than our GS3's though. Samsung is getting closer though. You would never know they were related to the Droid charge. You could connect the Droid charge to a satellite dish and still struggle with a signal. Haha

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It's the only thing I'm leery about. I've owned two Motos, the Sammy Galaxy Nexus and the Rezound. I had to return the Nexus for the Rezound. It seems they never fixed the poor performance of the nexus radios....I couldn't pull jack squat with them. Hopefully this Note 2 is a different animal. I've seen one Note 2 on AT&T do well on pulling in web pages where I work. My Rezound was far superior with respect to DBMS but the Note 2 seemed to perform well with DBMS just over -100.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.

jmob26

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my titanium Note 2 last night on VZW, and I'm so excited for this phone! I've been loyal to HTC since I went smart for phones- Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, and currently Rezound. My dad is on Virgin Mobile, and he finally had it last night with the poor coverage. He's going from the EVO V 4G to my Rezound, and I'll be getting the Note 2 this week. I haven't been waiting for this phone as long as you guys have, since I was keeping an eye on the Droid DNA. But it just didn't feel like the right one, with no sd slot and removable battery, and I was growing out of the HTC skin (nice for beginners, but maybe too much for experienced Androidians). I've always been a sucker for sharp screens, but I'd sacrifice that spec a bit in order to go from 11 GB to somewhere closer to 80 GB in total. It's also nice to have so many more accessory options now with Samsung compared to HTC.

markewallace

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my titanium Note 2 last night on VZW, and I'm so excited for this phone! I've been loyal to HTC since I went smart for phones- Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, and currently Rezound.

I have gone through the exact same evolution with HTC phones, so I would love to hear your thoughts on your GNII when you have had some time with it.

Thanks,

Mark

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It's the only thing I'm leery about. I've owned two Motos, the Sammy Galaxy Nexus and the Rezound. I had to return the Nexus for the Rezound. It seems they never fixed the poor performance of the nexus radios....I couldn't pull jack squat with them. Hopefully this Note 2 is a different animal. I've seen one Note 2 on AT&T do well on pulling in web pages where I work. My Rezound was far superior with respect to DBMS but the Note 2 seemed to perform well with DBMS just over -100.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.

I've been monitoring the GN2 posts on this site and others and there has been virtually no comments on poor reception of any kind (phone, 3g / 4g data, or wifi).
The GN2 has been out a month now (in US) and the reviews are almost too good to be true.
At first I attributed it to the "honeymoon period" where the buyer is excited about their new phone and want to show it off and justify the $250-$700 purchase (this is where DNA owners are now).
But just like a new spouse, after a period of playing with and showing off, you start to notice the warts, blemishes, and the things that irritate you about your new love. The things that this love can't do easily, or at all, that your previous love did without a problem.

The lack of issues, complaints, or unhappy GN2 owners could be that it is just a great device.
Or it could be that the sample size is still relatively small because of the niche phablet market and the buyers are scattered over 4 US carriers (with very little cdma, or LTE).
But on the other hand this device has been out all over the world for months with the same universal owner praise.
I usually wait 2-3 weeks post carrier launch of a new phone to see what bugs, problems, and issues surface as well as the general feel for the percentage being returned. It worked well for me on my ThunderBolt. 99% of complaints were about battery life. If I could stomach the look, weight, and size of the extended T-Bolt I would be happy. I bought the extended battery with the phone, made it through the 14 day return period, and it has been 20 months of a happy marriage.
The GN2 may challenge my process. The +2 months of consensus international and US praise is making it hard for me to resist getting this new pretty lady thursday at launch.
I'm going to try to hold off for 2 weeks (to get feedback from all of my VZW brethren) to ensure another great 2 year marriage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The radios in the Rezound are the best so far. We had 4 on our lines at one time and 2 Razr Maxx'es and Rezound's were always stronger. The Maxx has better radios than our GS3's though. Samsung is getting closer though. You would never know they were related to the Droid charge. You could connect the Droid charge to a satellite dish and still struggle with a signal. Haha

You mean old Maxx? New Maxx HD and GS3 seem almost the same on data reception from what I see. It makes sense as both uses qualcomm S4 chipset. Samsung's old radio setup in Charge, GNex using their own modems was just bad on holding connections, but now they seem to have ditched it.

I read somewhere GN2 is getting better reception than GS3 because it has larger antenna array. it makes sense to me.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You mean old Maxx? New Maxx HD and GS3 seem almost the same on data reception from what I see. It makes sense as both uses qualcomm S4 chipset. Samsung's old radio setup in Charge, GNex using their own modems was just bad on holding connections, but now they seem to have ditched it.

I read somewhere GN2 is getting better reception than GS3 because it has larger antenna array. it makes sense to me.

Yes I quoted the Maxx not the HD Maxx. To most its a little to late for fixing connection issues with the Charge and I ditched the GNex fairly quick for the same issues.
One thing I don't put up with is connection and or data issues, no matter what phone it is. However I have confidence in most any brand that has come out in the last 3 to 6 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz