OEM Car Dock?

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching for a car dock for the note 2 and cant seem to find anything other than generic. Any one hear of an oem car dock for the note 2? I currently have the original droid x and love my car dock and the features that come up when I dock it.

Thanks

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been wondering this same question and so far nobody seems to know...I'd like to know when the Note 1's came out in realtionship to the phone's release. Why would you not have the docks and accessories ready before the phone's release? I want to start using it in my car...I might get lost without GPS, ha!

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is not a Samsung dock, but I just got a ProClip that is custom made for the Note 2. Proclip car mounts come in two parts, one part is custom made for your car, and one part is custom made for your device. You then screw them together. It's a very clean and secure mount. Proclip offers three different mounts for my particular car, each for a different location in the car (two on the dash, one down on the center console).

I got this basic device holder for the GN2, without a charging cord and power adapter (I already have one of those):
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

The GN2 fits snugly in this mount (but it won't fit with any case on the phone), and it can swivel easily to landscape mode if you want to use it that way for navigation.

They also offer this one:
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Now, it won't bring up any particular features, like the opening post apparently wants, but you could consider picking up some TecTiles and programming one or more for your car, then just touch the phone to the Tec Tile when you get into the car to start those features.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It looks really nice, but I do not want it to mount on the vent...I would like one as a top-of-the-dash mount...Samsung made one for the Note 1, some I assume they will eventually make a Note 2 version.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Here are some photos of my ProClip mount. It attaches to a trim piece in my car, not to a vent. Their mounts vary by car, but I am guessing/assuming that none of them are for on top of the dash.

ProClip GN2 car mount.jpg

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used ProClip for over 3 years now. Great stuff - best vehicle mounting system I've ever seen/used. The vehicle mount attaches to the car (my 2010 GTI as an example - no screws, not permanently attached, solidly mounted between OEM radio and edge of center stack). Then you get a separate device/phone mount, attach to the vehicle mount and you're set. Expensive (original one was $70 for me) but you get you what you pay for in this case. Great thing is I can order a N2 mount, swap that out for my current iPhone 4 mount and should be good to go. Installation of the original setup was EASY (literally 10 minutes/1 beer) and it is an excellent mounting system. :D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used Proclip as well, excellent products, easy to install and use and they support a wide range of vehicles and mounts.

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This is not a Samsung dock, but I just got a ProClip that is custom made for the Note 2. Proclip car mounts come in two parts, one part is custom made for your car, and one part is custom made for your device. You then screw them together. It's a very clean and secure mount. Proclip offers three different mounts for my particular car, each for a different location in the car (two on the dash, one down on the center console).

I got this basic device holder for the GN2, without a charging cord and power adapter (I already have one of those):
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

The GN2 fits snugly in this mount (but it won't fit with any case on the phone), and it can swivel easily to landscape mode if you want to use it that way for navigation.

They also offer this one:
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Now, it won't bring up any particular features, like the opening post apparently wants, but you could consider picking up some TecTiles and programming one or more for your car, then just touch the phone to the Tec Tile when you get into the car to start those features.

Those look nice, how secure is the phone in landscape mode?

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
iBolt is releasing a Note 2 specific dock soon too. They've been fielding input from folks on XDA and have finalized the design and sent it off for tooling.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
FYI....Ordered my ProClip mount on 11/23, called today because it hadn't shipped yet and was told they are on backorder due to high demand. I ordered the charging mount wired for fixed installation.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Those look nice, how secure is the phone in landscape mode?

I phoned ProClip and asked that exact question before I ordered it over the phone. I was told it was quite secure, and that has turned out to be true. I cannot see the phone sliding out of the holder in landscape mode unless you are t-boned by a train. That said, it's not like it's a tough task to slide the phone into the mount either. It's really a precision fit. You have to push a bit to slide the phone in, and then it is held snugly. It's a really nice car mount, clean and elegant. I like not having it up on top of the dash, like some of the generic "suction cup" mounts. More discreet if you do want to check email or texts while stopped at a light . . . .

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon