Some things I noticed on Verizon's Note 2

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and they just got in the Demo model of the Note 2 for Verizon.

I just wanted to let you know of some changes I noticed compared to other Note 2s.

First thing is the digital clock widget is gone. This is the clean simple clock widget you see just the time and date on. This was kind of disappointing to me.

Second thing is there is no wifi toggle on the top of the notifications. Instead it has an ongoing notification which can kill battery life faster.

The third thing I want to note (no pun intended) is that Verizon's version DOES in fact have the multitasking ready to go. You won't have to wait for an update for this feature.

I wish I could have tested reception but Best Buy doesn't activate any of their demo phones.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and they just got in the Demo model of the Note 2 for Verizon.

I just wanted to let you know of some changes I noticed compared to other Note 2s.

First thing is the digital clock widget is gone. This is the clean simple clock widget you see just the time and date on. This was kind of disappointing to me.

Second thing is there is no wifi toggle on the top of the notifications. Instead it has an ongoing notification which can kill battery life faster.

The third thing I want to note (no pun intended) is that Verizon's version DOES in fact have the multitasking ready to go. You won't have to wait for an update for this feature.

I wish I could have tested reception but Best Buy doesn't activate any of their demo phones.
Toggles can be added, and im sure the clock can be made available easily. What is the notification specifically?

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Toggles can be added, and im sure the clock can be made available easily. What is the notification specifically?

I understand toggles can be added but that's not the point. The point was to give differences in the Verizon version from other versions. Same goes for the clock widget. Clock widgets are a dime a dozen but I really liked that specific one and I'm not sure why Verizon would have possibly messed with a clock widget.

The notification is an ongoing notification telling you which wifi network you are connected to or telling you there are wifi networks available.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon SGS3 also has that ongoing wifi notification instead of a toggle. You get used to it after awhile. If you really don't like it you can root and add different toggles to the notification center.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon SGS3 also has that ongoing wifi notification instead of a toggle. You get used to it after awhile. If you really don't like it you can root and add different toggles to the notification center.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it does. You can also enter a code and turn it off. I found the code in the S3 thread.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
can you share this "code" with the rest of us please..

This will work on the S3, but not sure about the GN2. I cant take credit for it, but here it is:

Open the dialer and enter the following code: *#6335623#
This will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
Select "Disable WifiOffloading"
Press "OK"
Done!

Irish1842

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Just played with a Verizon demo unit at Best Buy and noticed that you cannot continuously scroll though home screens or the app drawer. When you hit the last screen you just get the little rubber band effect and cannot continue on to the first screen. I tried to figure out if there was a setting to change this, but couldn't find one. Can that be changed, or did Verizon gimp that feature for some reason?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This will work on the S3, but not sure about the GN2. I cant take credit for it, but here it is:

Open the dialer and enter the following code: *#6335623#
This will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
Select "Disable WifiOffloading"
Press "OK"
Done!

Interesting have to give this a try.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Just played with a Verizon demo unit at Best Buy and noticed that you cannot continuously scroll though home screens or the app drawer. When you hit the last screen you just get the little rubber band effect and cannot continue on to the first screen. I tried to figure out if there was a setting to change this, but couldn't find one. Can that be changed, or did Verizon gimp that feature for some reason?

Why does that matter? Honestly NBD if you ask me.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It's ridiculous that Verizon put the stupid ongoing notification on the Note as they did on the SG3.

I read that they didn't do that to the Razr line. Users should not have to root or install software or find codes to disable a feature that Verizon somehow deemed necessary.

I know it won't happen, but that's enough for people to tell Verizon to screwed themselves and not purchase this from them until they make that an option as it has always been.

I read that the code in the above post only stops the pop-up, in order to remove the persistent notification, you have to have root.

[HACK] Remove WiFi reminder - xda-developers

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous that Verizon put the stupid ongoing notification on the Note as they did on the SG3.

I read that they didn't do that to the Razr line. Users should not have to root or install software or find codes to disable a feature that Verizon somehow deemed necessary.

I know it won't happen, but that's enough for people to tell Verizon to screwed themselves and not purchase this from them until they make that an option as it has always been.

I read that the code in the above post only stops the pop-up, in order to remove the persistent notification, you have to have root.

i've read on other forums that this notification is not limited to the verizon note

users with ATT have been reporting the same thing

Irish1842

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Does the wifi notification only show up when you turn wifi off, or is it always present?

Edit: currently deciding between carriers and want to make sure I am clear on any hardware/software differences

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the wifi notification only show up when you turn wifi off, or is it always present?

Edit: currently deciding between carriers and want to make sure I am clear on any hardware/software differences

if you have a choice of carriers go w/ ATT

verizon has the best network, but they pull crap like this all the time and it gets old quick

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If u talking about this one with the question mark then JUST TURN OFF WIFI LOL duh
5uvyra8e.jpg

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2