It's offical, 11/29 is launch day

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If a store only gets 5 of each color of Note2, there is a very good chance of them selling out fast...

Simply based on the 4-5 AT&T stores I've visited all of those reps said it sold out before noon. I don't know how much stock they got in though.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The N2 will not sell out on the first day. Believe it or not we haven't had anyone come and ask about the Galaxy Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Good to know. I am pre-ordering on Friday since I have to wait for my upgrade to be available otherwise they are saying full retail.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will simply push the Droid DNA, they always push the "droid" branded phones. The typical user has no real idea what they should buy or why and sadly the reps steer them to what the spiff is on.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will simply push the Droid DNA, they always push the "droid" branded phones. The typical user has no real idea what they should buy or why and sadly the reps steer them to what the spiff is on.

Do Verizon reps get commission?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
We don't "Push" the droid line and we certainly don't make commission on them. We make commission on the contracts, so I could sell you the stellar and still make the same amount. Verizon does not tell or or even hint for us to sell droid over ANYTHING. So stop saying that, because its a load of crap. Most of the employees actually have an S3 and are either happy or want to upgrade to the N2.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

We don't get spiffs at all on phones, your info is incorrect, so stop making crap up. We may get a spiff off an accessory, but not off phones. Most of us sell what we think is a good phone, because we have a return rate and that hurts us BIG TIME.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't you just love it when people talk out of their a$$? It's nice to see someone with real life experience set the record straight.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have seen many times where reps steer clearly clueless customers to a phone that is out of date, old specs and not worth getting all the while talking up how great it is. So clearly the reps "in the know" don't know squat. As for spiffs and commissions, that does happen, just may not happen at the corp stores so that was an error. However Microsoft was clearly paying a bounty to get Windows Phone pushed by store reps so that is a known fact.

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
We don't "Push" the droid line and we certainly don't make commission on them. We make commission on the contracts, so I could sell you the stellar and still make the same amount. Verizon does not tell or or even hint for us to sell droid over ANYTHING. So stop saying that, because its a load of crap. Most of the employees actually have an S3 and are either happy or want to upgrade to the N2.

Well, you may not, but some do. I have been pushed toward Droid line many a time, and the Iphone.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, you may not, but some do. I have been pushed toward Droid line many a time, and the Iphone.

You act like Droids are bad phones. Keep in mind, not everyone is like us. Not everyone needs the latest and greatest and not everyone hates Droids. Want to know why RAZR's are popular? Because the build quality, the battery and the name. Customers appreciate that and recommending them shouldn't be a bad thing. Everyone has their own preference. Personally, i like the galaxy line the best, but motorola has done things others haven't... provide superior battery life and build quality, i wish others would take note aka DNA/Nexus lol

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree the droids and iPhones are great for some people. But when I am looking for a specific phone I don't want someone pushing me to another one.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
As for the IPhone, most of us vzw reps hate it.

I've been contemplating getting either the iPhone 5 or Note II as my next device. What are some reasons why they dislike the iPhone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Joe, a question,

I live on Long Island and we're moving to West Boynton Beach within the year. Currently we have a villa in Mid Delray. There is no ATT LTE near us on LI but it's about 7 or 8 miles away. VZW LTE is great on LI.

In West Boynton, West Lake Grove and West Lantana, there is no VZW LTE west of the Florida Tpke or even west of Jog and there is LTE below and on top and even around going further west. You can see the hole on the coverage map at zip code 33473. On ATT's coverage map there is solid dark blue LTE coverage for all of south east FL from Jupiter to Miami and far west passed 441 and Coral Springs. But on the legend it says LTE can be viewed for 120 miles. That makes no sense.

So, VZW is better on LI and ATT is better in FL, I think. How can one know if and when VZW is going to fill that hole with LTE coverage around West Boynton, West Lake Grove and West Lantana. I want to get the Note 2 and initially it was a no brainer but now that we are moving to FL, north of where our villa is in Delray, coverage makes a difference and nobody seems to know where or when things will change. If the population isn't large enough it might not be a priority for VZW even though the Western Parts of these cities are adjacent to areas where the coverage is great. If VZW's 3G was as good as ATT HSPA maybe it wouldn't be an issue but VZW on the internet on 3g can be awful. Thanks

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Joe, a question,

I live on Long Island and we're moving to West Boynton Beach within the year. Currently we have a villa in Mid Delray. There is no ATT LTE near us on LI but it's about 7 or 8 miles away. VZW LTE is great on LI.

In West Boynton, West Lake Grove and West Lantana, there is no VZW LTE west of the Florida Tpke or even west of Jog and there is LTE below and on top and even around going further west. You can see the hole on the coverage map at zip code 33473. On ATT's coverage map there is solid dark blue LTE coverage for all of south east FL from Jupiter to Miami and far west passed 441 and Coral Springs. But on the legend it says LTE can be viewed for 120 miles. That makes no sense.

So, VZW is better on LI and ATT is better in FL, I think. How can one know if and when VZW is going to fill that hole with LTE coverage around West Boynton, West Lake Grove and West Lantana. I want to get the Note 2 and initially it was a no brainer but now that we are moving to FL, north of where our villa is in Delray, coverage makes a difference and nobody seems to know where or when things will change. If the population isn't large enough it might not be a priority for VZW even though the Western Parts of these cities are adjacent to areas where the coverage is great. If VZW's 3G was as good as ATT HSPA maybe it wouldn't be an issue but VZW on the internet on 3g can be awful. Thanks

Super thread hi jack!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt