For those that have preordered before

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
When do you actually receive the phone in the mail in relation to the official in store release date? I preordered the Note 2 and its my first preorder ever and I've read that some have recieved their phone a day before, the day of, and a dew days after.

I'm just trying to figure which day I should take off of work so I can be there when it arrives.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I did not preorder or had experience with preorders, but by going what everyone and verizon's website is saying, the ship date should be no later than 11/27. And the release date is 11/29. Seeing how verizon's website states 2-day shipping, I would think it's safe to say you should get your device on 11/29 as that is 2 days from 11/27.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It should arrive on the 29th, but some could get it a day early, depending on where they are to the shipping location.

And as a general rule, a signature will be required.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Where do they ship from? Or maybe I will just take both days off. Ha!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It always has been hit and miss for me. It can be a a day or two before store release or a week late. Depends on how saturated the preorders go. Stores will get there's no matter what. I canceled a preorder once to pick one up at the store. I could bet you will get the Note II on time either way though.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It always has been hit and miss for me. It can be a a day or two before store release or a week late. Depends on how saturated the preorders go. Stores will get there's no matter what. I canceled a preorder once to pick one up at the store. I could bet you will get the Note II on time either way though.

You'll be able to walk into a corp store on the 29th and snag one. It won't be long before Swappa is flooded with them too.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will be pre-ordering Friday (eligible upgrade on that date) but will opt for NBD shipping, hopefully I could get it on Wednesday, but I doubt it. Just never could trust them to get it to me on time and I won't be able to get to the store on Thursday and my billing cycle ends on the 29th so I need to get that change done on my line.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Since we have to sign for the new phone when it arrives, are most of us preorder people taking the day off of work? Or do you normally have Thursdays off? Or is someone else signing for you? I ended up having to take the days off to make sure I'm home for this monster!!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since we have to sign for the new phone when it arrives, are most of us preorder people taking the day off of work? Or do you normally have Thursdays off? Or is someone else signing for you? I ended up having to take the days off to make sure I'm home for this monster!!

Just leave a note on the door to leave it. I add the tracking number to the note and sign it - the FedEx lady always leaves my stuff. Never had any issues with theft or anything.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
From what I know its up to their discretion if they want to leave it even if a signed note is there. I have had UPS and Fedex refuse to leave a package even though a note is signed on the door, as I live in an apartment building.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just leave a note on the door to leave it. I add the tracking number to the note and sign it - the FedEx lady always leaves my stuff. Never had any issues with theft or anything.

I left a signed note on the door for my s3 when i had to leave for a while the day of.....i've got a pretty secure front porch and knew i would not be gone long....no way was i going to miss it. i've never had a problem getting ups or fedex to leave the package. once it ships you can track it and knew pretty much when it will get to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX