How do you actually activate a phone?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If doing it online through your Verizon account, you should only need the number. Once you enter it into the system, she will need to do the *228 to activate it.

BTW, you're up early.....keep looking out the window for the FedEx truck? :D

Absolutely indeed I am!! Its on its way and I can stinking wait. I should be able to get her to be able to reactivate the phone herself now. Thanks ibcop!!

Btw, where are you located?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely indeed I am!! Its on its way and I can stinking wait. I should be able to get her to be able to reactivate the phone herself now. Thanks ibcop!!

Btw, where are you located?

I'm in sunny (and warm I might add) Florida. I'm like a kid in a candy store......haha

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the Verizon store right now waiting for them to open. Hurry up!
Lol

The Nottinator

Just went with a friend of mine to a Verizon kiosk that opened at 8am and had the phone activated and running for him by 815!! Awesome. Now heading home to wait for fedex!!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm jealous. Its sunny here in NY but simultaneously 30f. Not good. Way way too cold.

We actually had a cold morning (cold to us - 37) but getting the upper 70's later. Shorts at Christmas!! haha

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We actually had a cold morning (cold to us - 37) but getting the upper 70's later. Shorts at Christmas!! haha

Man I'm so jealous. That's the perfect temperature. I used tto love the cold and snow but now, I could certainly do without!!

Do you know if there's a way that my girlfriends phone can be reactivated so she doesn't have to do anything? She's at work and once I activate the Note 2 it will deactivate her phone and I will have no way to contact her to help her if need be.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Haha, Florida? You can keep the warmth and humidity. Spent ten years in SoFlaw (South Florida) and it about fried my brain (doesn't agree with my Minnesota blood). I'll take the full change of seasons over the two (Summer and summer) down there. :p

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Man I'm so jealous. That's the perfect temperature. I used tto love the cold and snow but now, I could certainly do without!!

Do you know if there's a way that my girlfriends phone can be reactivated so she doesn't have to do anything? She's at work and once I activate the Note 2 it will deactivate her phone and I will have no way to contact her to help her if need be.

The only thing I could suggest is to call her just before you activate the GN2. Tell her to wait 10 minutes or so, then do the *228 thing, then have her call you when she's done.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha, Florida? You can keep the warmth and humidity. Spent ten years in SoFlaw (South Florida) and it about fried my brain (doesn't agree with my Minnesota blood). I'll take the full change of seasons over the two (Summer and summer) down there. :p

I agree - this humidity is a beyatch.....this is the best time of the year. Soon, all the q-tips (aka Snowbirds) will be here from up north. lol

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Once I deactivate the Note 2, how do I actually reactive onto my unlimited line? Online?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Trust me when I say it would be easier to go to a store and let them do it since you have to do the swap. If it was simply and activation, go for it but in your case 15 minutes in the store and your golden.

Tried calling VZW and doing the switch will not work aaccording to them. They're wrong for sure so I'm heading to a corporate store now to see what I can do there.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried calling VZW and doing the switch will not work aaccording to them. They're wrong for sure so I'm heading to a corporate store now to see what I can do there.

you may have to get them to swap out for a new SIM - once the original one is provisioned I think it's permanently associated. Seem to remember reading that in an iPhone forum for folks trying to keep their unlimited data plans there.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
you may have to get them to swap out for a new SIM - once the original one is provisioned I think it's permanently associated. Seem to remember reading that in an iPhone forum for folks trying to keep their unlimited data plans there.

I'm at a corporate Verizon store now getting it done hopefully.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm at a corporate Verizon store now getting it done hopefully.

It ended up working out well at the corporate store. So the swap happened perfectly!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I called customer service and was very direct.... I told them that i ordered and upgrade for Line B, but would like to connect to Line A. They said no problem with no questions asked. Took about 10 mins while waiting for the their system to make the switch and for the sim card to activate.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I called customer service and was very direct.... I told them that i ordered and upgrade for Line B, but would like to connect to Line A. They said no problem with no questions asked. Took about 10 mins while waiting for the their system to make the switch and for the sim card to activate.

It's crazy that their service and outcomes vary so widely between different people doing the exact same thing. I explained exactly what I was doing and they flat out said no. Then, I went to a corporate Verizon store and had it done in 15 minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It's crazy that their service and outcomes vary so widely between different people doing the exact same thing. I explained exactly what I was doing and they flat out said no. Then, I went to a corporate Verizon store and had it done in 15 minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
For other people attempting to do this:
I'd say just hang up and call again till you get a different CSR. And make sure you don't tell them that you were trying to get around the unlimited data thing, Just say i want to switch from A to B. if they ask why just say because the person with the other line changed their mind and that you want it.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I told the Verizon Rep in the store today what I was going to do and he didn't like it. He said I couldn't do it, told him I already had last week and would do it again with the note 2.

Called customer service tonight and they did it no problem, they're not losing any money. They get it all eventually!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair