Why the hoopla over the Note 2 versus Note 1 ?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about something. I don't recall much hoopla over the Samsung Note (1) when it was originally released. But there seems to be quite a bit of excitement over the Note 2. What's the reason for this? Just wondering.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
The fact that the Note (1) never came to Verizon and the Note (2) is. I wanted the Note from the get go but Verizon decided to not carry it. Now that they are, people are excited. Judging by the posts I have seen most people that have pre-ordered it wanted the Note 1 to begin with.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The fact that the Note (1) never came to Verizon and the Note (2) is. I wanted the Note from the get go but Verizon decided to not carry it. Now that they are, people are excited. Judging by the posts I have seen most people that have pre-ordered it wanted the Note 1 to begin with.

Yup. And the GN2 is simply the best out there at the moment.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There's also the fact that when the Note 1 was announced, people were more skeptical of a phone that size (many still are, admittedly) but it's success showed that it wasn't a bad idea by Samsung and was here to stay.

Now they've even slimmed it down with this model, and made it even easier to hold in your hand, and made it available on every major carrier in the US.. that's huge.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about something. I don't recall much hoopla over the Samsung Note (1) when it was originally released. But there seems to be quite a bit of excitement over the Note 2. What's the reason for this? Just wondering.

The Note 1 was an entirely new animal - phablet - and most reviewers thought it was too big and would never sell; nobody really knew what to think of it. Now that we have seen what it can add to our smartphone experience AND that it is coming to Verizon - there is much anticipation fot this new and improved model!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The media told us to like it and Samsung used LeBron James in the advertisement to make it look like a normal sized phone.
Once we get it in hand and realize we can't palm a basketball, we'll all sue for false advertisement.

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have several cases for the Note2 waiting for Note2 arrival and can tell just from the cases that the Note2 is not too big. It's actually a lot smaller then I thought it would be going by videos and reviews online.

But I am sure gonna love that big screen with my unlimited data plan :)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have several cases for the Note2 waiting for Note2 arrival and can tell just from the cases that the Note2 is not too big. It's actually a lot smaller then I thought it would be going by videos and reviews online.

Yeah, the videos on youtube usually dont have a lot of objects to use as size references. If you have a device similar in size to a DROIDX with an otterbox defender case the Note 2 has roughly the same length and width.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The media told us to like it and Samsung used LeBron James in the advertisement to make it look like a normal sized phone.
Once we get it in hand and realize we can't palm a basketball, we'll all sue for false advertisement.

I can palm a basketball.

The Nottinator

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I hold my current phone with two hands now so size won't matter. I was wishing my Tab 7" had phone service on it lol.

The Nottinator