What's the best MicroSD 32GB Card for Note 2?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've read a bunch of scattered threads about MicroSD cards but would like to get some opinions on them here.

Mainly I was wondering if the Note 2's 1080p recording capability requires a particular speed memory card? I haven't bought a card in a while and I'm out of the loop on specs these days.

Some people have posted a great buy from Best Buy on a 32GB card - SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card SDSDQUI-032G-A11 - Best Buy

But some reviews got me thinking about throughput speed needed to do continuous 1080p recording. Someone was saying this card has ups and downs as far as speed. And then Joe The Insider mentioned Samsung cards being more consistent.

Maybe someone can school me on the specs I should be looking for in a 32GB card for the Note 2.

If it's not a big deal, I'll just get the one from Best Buy.

Thanks all!! And Happy Thanksgiving!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I've read a bunch of scattered threads about MicroSD cards but would like to get some opinions on them here.

Mainly I was wondering if the Note 2's 1080p recording capability requires a particular speed memory card? I haven't bought a card in a while and I'm out of the loop on specs these days.

Some people have posted a great buy from Best Buy on a 32GB card - SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card SDSDQUI-032G-A11 - Best Buy

But some reviews got me thinking about throughput speed needed to do continuous 1080p recording. Someone was saying this card has ups and downs as far as speed. And then Joe The Insider mentioned Samsung cards being more consistent.

Maybe someone can school me on the specs I should be looking for in a 32GB card for the Note 2.

If it's not a big deal, I'll just get the one from Best Buy.

Thanks all!! And Happy Thanksgiving!

The Class 10 card is about the best you can get, as far as I know. Some have said the Class 10 is overkill for smart phones but there really isn't a big price difference between the Class 10 and Class 6. I have the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 and it's good for me.

I say if you can snag one, get that puppy. :D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would agree, for the price difference between a 32GB and 64GB card you might want to consider the 64GB class 10, I got mine from amazon.com for under $60. Crazy how cheap they are now compared to a year or so back and what we all paid then.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how reliable Joe's info would be on that aspect. In another thread he ordered an sd card instead of micro sd.

The Nottinator

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all!! I ended up getting the 32GB sandisk for $17.99.
I thought about the 64GB but its another 20 bucks and I have already overspent on my other accessories!!
Plus, on my DROID X I only have 16GB and have never maxed it out (not a heavy gamer or mp3 person )!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it better to have a 16g phone and a 32g card or a 32g phone and a 16g card? Are they the same? I guess what I am asking is this: If I move a game (or other app) to the sd card, does it run at the same speed when I use it as if it were on the phone? Does moving things to the sd card free up space on the phone and help it run faster? Are there some things that should be stored to the sd card, but not others? This has always bugged me not knowing...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it better to have a 16g phone and a 32g card or a 32g phone and a 16g card? Are they the same? I guess what I am asking is this: If I move a game (or other app) to the sd card, does it run at the same speed when I use it as if it were on the phone? Does moving things to the sd card free up space on the phone and help it run faster? Are there some things that should be stored to the sd card, but not others? This has always bugged me not knowing...

You can't store apps on the SD Card. Photos, music, movies, etc on your SD Card. All the apps are stored on the internal memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all!! I ended up getting the 32GB sandisk for $17.99.
I thought about the 64GB but its another 20 bucks and I have already overspent on my other accessories!!
Plus, on my DROID X I only have 16GB and have never maxed it out (not a heavy gamer or mp3 person )!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good deal!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
With rooting there is a work around that will let you make the SDCard the primary storage, but I'm not sure I am going to go that route. Also I thought the add on data for games still goes to the storage card, is that not the case? Its hard to keep it all straight sometimes with so many threads and sites to read.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
U had the the thunderbolt. Cane with a 32gig. have the rezound using the same card. Will on the note2 as well

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

amadeus303

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there a difference between this card and the "Mobile" version? On the Sandisk site, it looks like the "Mobile" version includes a "Memory Zone" app for Android that simplifies file management.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a difference between this card and the "Mobile" version? On the Sandisk site, it looks like the "Mobile" version includes a "Memory Zone" app for Android that simplifies file management.

Question : Is there a program that will read what type of SD card is installed ? Like CPUID ?

Greg Agan

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes apps can be saved to the sd card all my apps are saved on my card and when i transfered my memory card to my note 2 all my apps loaded automatically

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke