Eligible to upgrade tomorrow.. get DNA and return it for Note 2 next week?

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible to upgrade tomorrow.

The Note 2 comes out Thursday.

But I'm getting really antsy, lol. I want it now, or at least a new phone... I've never had to return a phone before.. but thinking of maybe going down and getting the DNA tomorrow, and returning it Thursday or Friday for the Note 2.

Good idea, or no? :D

Do they let you return a phone for a more expensive one (since the Note 2 is $100 more)? Or can you only return it for same price device?

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible to upgrade tomorrow.

The Note 2 comes out Thursday.

But I'm getting really antsy, lol. I want it now, or at least a new phone... I've never had to return a phone before.. but thinking of maybe going down and getting the DNA tomorrow, and returning it Thursday or Friday for the Note 2.

Good idea, or no? :D

Do they let you return a phone for a more expensive one (since the Note 2 is $100 more)? Or can you only return it for same price device?

You can return it but you will pay a $30 restocking fee + the $100 price difference if you want to go up to the Note 2.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its always worth it, but if you do it, hit up a Best Buy instead, they offer a 30 day return window to exchange and no fee. Not that I am advocating phone rental services on a retailers dime, but its an option and likely a bit easier. I am in the same boat as you are but I just got my new tablet to hold me over for now . . . 5 days ti delivery and 3 days til shipping.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Leaving aside the morality of buying a phone you plan to return, it seems like a lot of work to set up a phone just to have it for four days.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Leaving aside the morality of buying a phone you plan to return, it seems like a lot of work to set up a phone just to have it for four days.

I agree this ups prices for the rest of us who buy a phone they want. The whole renting a phone thing in don't understand. Pay, 30 for a phone you don't plan to keep for a week until the next one come out no thanks.. I change phones often but I sell Private party. Then we all complain about fees and unnecessary policies these companies keep slamming is with. Just wait the week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just wait a couple days. No need in wasting a brand new phone that you know you really don't want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn, delay your gratification for a few more days.

It's a phone, don't go to far down the rabit hole...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually ordered the DNA so I could test the battery life out and see if it will work for me. If it doesn't last the day Iike I would like I will exchange it for the Note 2. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Although at this point if I were you I would just wait.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually ordered the DNA so I could test the battery life out and see if it will work for me. If it doesn't last the day Iike I would like I will exchange it for the Note 2. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Although at this point if I were you I would just wait.

I think that is absolutely ok but the guys with some intentions of returning stuff suck. Lol though I guess it may flood the refurbished market with actual working phones,

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I think that is absolutely ok but the guys with some intentions of returning stuff suck. Lol though I guess it may flood the refurbished market with actual working phones,

Like I told him probably better off to wait. I don't intend on returning it unless it doesn't work for me like I would like it to.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just be a mature adult and wait to get the
Note2. Be reasonable and logical. Paying a restocking fee and not to mention a phone being turned in for refurbished is really stupid. Its ppl like you who make the costs increase
sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just be a mature adult and wait to get the
Note2. Its ppl like you who make the costs increase

So he/she is immature because of this? Verizon offers that option. Do you have proof this costs more money? It's not refurbished just because it's returned.

The Nottinator

Last edited:

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you should be able to try any phone you want to. If the phones were not so over priced and you were not stuck with it for two years I would have a different outlook on it. Get the phone your happy with remember an Upgrade means you got it for two years.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So he/she is immature because of this? Verizon offers that option. Do you have proof this causes more money? It's not refurbished just because it's returned.

The Nottinator

Verizon allows you to change your mind on a phone purchase yes and penalizes you for doing so with a restock fee (something relatively new). They do NOT intend it as a rental service. Returned phones can never be resold as new again (for good reason) and " renting " phones depletes a stores inventory. Imagine you actually wanted the DNA and came into the store to get one only to find it sold out because too many others did this renting thing. How would you feel?

Wait until both phoned are available and spend some time with each and buy the one you like the best. Right now the Note 2 seems the more likely but you never know. Then after you spend time actually using the device if you change your mind the option of an exchange is still available to you.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You do realize they use returned phones as replacement phone for insurance claims and warranty issues.

The Nottinator

That only if that store wishes too... Not all stores allow you "borrow" or replace a phone while yours is getting replaced.. My wife was on vacation and her Razr bit the dust (wouldn't boot past STOCK hboot).. they wouldn't give her a replacement. For 3 days she was without a cell phone.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
As someone that deals with these questions daily, I would lean you more toward the Note 2. The DNA is a super nice phone, but HTC has always made me think twice. The 1080p screen and the quad core processor made it run like a charm. But the kicker for me is it doesn't have expandable memory. The Note 2 has a larger display (which isn't for everyone) and also has the HD screen with the quad core processor. Secondly is the battery. The Note 2 rocks a 3800 mah battery and while the DNA only has a 2200 Mah (for some reason /boggle) and the Note 2 has expandable memory. Which at some point according to rumors will support up to 128gb micro SD cards (with software updates and when they become available). I have pointed people more towards the Note 2, but have also had a lot of people that have like HTC devices in the past and had bad experiences in the past with some of the Galaxy Samsung devices. Although, with my experience withe Galaxy S3, Sammy has addressed nearly all of their issues. I currently have the S3 but will be getting the Note 2 on launch day.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
As someone that deals with these questions daily, I would lean you more toward the Note 2. The DNA is a super nice phone, but HTC has always made me think twice. The 1080p screen and the quad core processor made it run like a charm. But the kicker for me is it doesn't have expandable memory. The Note 2 has a larger display (which isn't for everyone) and also has the HD screen with the quad core processor. Secondly is the battery. The Note 2 rocks a 3800 mah battery and while the DNA only has a 2200 Mah (for some reason /boggle) and the Note 2 has expandable memory. Which at some point according to rumors will support up to 128gb micro SD cards (with software updates and when they become available). I have pointed people more towards the Note 2, but have also had a lot of people that have like HTC devices in the past and had bad experiences in the past with some of the Galaxy Samsung devices. Although, with my experience withe Galaxy S3, Sammy has addressed nearly all of their issues. I currently have the S3 but will be getting the Note 2 on launch day.

Note 2 has a 3100mah and the DNA a 2020mah battery.

The Nottinator

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital