Does anyone find it strange...

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean, but I don't think that guy got what you were trying to get at.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon shoot itself in the foot for this device not being ready and available for Black Sales days? Is the delay because of the logo on the button taking more time then expected? Is the delay intentional to pump other phones at crunch time instead? Is their software development, and bloats, not syncing correctly yet? Samsung is on a roll and Verizon can`t keep pace?... Verizon, down the line, remember My Space....

The 11-27 release of the Galaxy Note 2 has nothing to do with the logo or bloatware syncing. The date has been the same throughout the pre-order process. It appears Big Red may have built time in to do an in-house software update to add the dual window, multi-tasking feature as opposed to the Over The Air after launch update chosen by the other carriers.
The timing of the in house update worked better for Verizon because of the other devices that were launching.
The RAZR Family was still launching when the Note 2 became available. Then the DNA was moved ahead of the Note 2 because it is a VZW exclusive.
Personally I prefer they do the update as opposed to OTA. Knowing Big Red we would still be waiting and probably not get it until after the New Year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The 11-27 release of the Galaxy Note 2 has nothing to do with the logo or bloatware syncing. The date has been the same throughout the pre-order process. It appears Big Red may have built time in to do an in-house software update to add the dual window, multi-tasking feature as opposed to the Over The Air after launch update chosen by the other carriers.
The timing of the in house update worked better for Verizon because of the other devices that were launching.
The RAZR Family was still launching when the Note 2 became available. Then the DNA was moved ahead of the Note 2 because it is a VZW exclusive.
Personally I prefer they do the update as opposed to OTA. Knowing Big Red we would still be waiting and probably not get it until after the New Year.

You sound as if you don't trust Verizon.
Shame on you.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have it on very good authority, my cousin is a manager at Verizon store, that you'll be able to walk into Verizon Wireless stores on the 29th and buy 1. I got to play with 1 and I'm very impressed. The VZW logo on the home button sucks and the suite of Amazon apps makes me want to puke! But, I'm still getting one. I can't give up that super fast LTE.

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have it on very good authority, my cousin is a manager at Verizon store, that you'll be able to walk into Verizon Wireless stores on the 29th and buy 1. I got to play with 1 and I'm very impressed. The VZW logo on the home button sucks and the suite of Amazon apps makes me want to puke! But, I'm still getting one. I can't give up that super fast LTE.

Can you ask him about when preorders are shipping? And will they ship one or two day shipping?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just got off the phone and according to him, based on info in materials sent to the store, pre-orders start shipping on the 27th and it's 2 day to ensure that they arrive on the 29th. He's not 100% sure of this though because it's not something the stores deal with and in the past they have also done 1 day shipping.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Why do have to repeat this? In our system, it launches on the 29th and preorders ship the 27th with deliveries on the 29th.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This is correct.

cw0974

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone find it strange that the Note II is apparently coming out in a week, but Verizon still hasn't announced an official release date? Or is this a normal thing for them?

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

knowing how

Knowing how verizon loves to promote the droid line more than anything else, it makes sense.
To vzw, droid DNA > Galaxy note 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon wants users buying whats in the store today and not holding out for what is coming in a week or two. Those who chose to pre-order did so, or are doing so despite it being off the main page. Announcements will either happen on Tuesday in a press release or on Thursday for the launch. Not unusual, just Verizon's business model.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Not unusual, just Verizon's business model.

That's exactly what I was trying to get at. I didn't know if it was normal for Verizon to just wait until the week of release to announce an official release date. I don't remember seeing them do that. Thanks for clarifying.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Idk if you're trying to be a smart ass but what you said and what I asked are two different things. Verizon has not given an official announcement on the release date. I think that's weird.

I was trying to be a smart ass, but how is saying that it is shipping by November 27th different from giving a release date?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to be a smart ass, but how is saying that it is shipping by November 27th different from giving a release date?

Because you don't actually receive it until the release date. I suspect some will get it in a day but most will receive on the 29th, which is the release date.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

In a way it is. But they never came out and told anyone the release date. There's always some kind of press release that tells us when it will be in stores. I was simply saying that it's weird that the phone comes out in less than a week yet there is no official release date announced.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty normal for Verizon. They wait till the last minute to officially make an announcement. I'm guessing later today or tomorrow before the press release goes public