Samsung?s Galaxy Note II Infringes Patents, Apple Claims

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Apple is a great marketing company that makes good products.
Apple hasn't really innovated a lot but rather take what is already there, tweak, repackage and market it better than anyone else.
They have built a brand that sells itself.
Many people buy Apple products to be cool and no nothing about competing products. They look down on or won't consider android phones because they are NOT Apple even though many could run circles around the i5.
Those are the people that give Apple and iPhone users a bad name.
Most android buyers make purchases based on the individual phone as opposed to brand.
Although some may lean toward a brand or User Interface that they have had a good experience (or away from if bad experience), we are still willing to buy Moto, Sammy, or HTC devices if they meet our needs.
I bought my wife an iPhone because it was the best phone for her needs. It was her first smartphone. The solid design and User Interface was easy to transition to since she had an ipod.
She doesn't have the patience to manage a switch of music from itunes to an android phone along with the changes and tweaks inherant with the Operating System.

I don't hate Apple and would consider an iPhone if it was the best product for my needs.
But they don't include needing to let everyone know I have an apple (you ever notice that the back is cut out of most of their cases so the fruit shows through) or being like everyone else.

I don't think the infringement verdict will hold up, but it allows Apple to keep the public perception of being the innovators.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well said! Your right every case has the back cut out to show the apple. While I agree that people will buy what meets their needs it seems Apple has become more of a status symbol and need a window in their cases to scream "hey look at me!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My favorite part is how Apple opening brags about their device displays....that are made by Samsung....

Yep and Samsung has since come out and said they will stop supplying apple with display components.

Samsung makes about 80% of the guts of the iPhone and it wouldnt surprise me if they cut off more supplies/components.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep and Samsung has since come out and said they will stop supplying apple with display components.

Samsung makes about 80% of the guts of the iPhone and it wouldnt surprise me if they cut off more supplies/components.

IMO they would be stupid to stop supplying apple... They are make big money off of the parts they sell to apple

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
IMO they would be stupid to stop supplying apple... They are make big money off of the parts they sell to apple

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Considering Samsungs got it's hands in so much tech and has record sales in most of it's divisions losing Apple isnt a big deal.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung will simply supply their components to other companies who are building their own devices, Amazon, MS, Google, etc. etc. As for infringing, Tim Cook doesn't have the balz to go after Google directly so he keeps skirting around by attacking Samsung. Bottom line is if Samsung is infringing so is every other Android OEM and Google as well so go BIG or GO HOME.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook is going to take down Apple on his own. Jobs would have also but at a much slower pace.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
WY3rC.png

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well at least I sold off my iP5 and iPad 3 and got my new Galaxy Note 2 and looking to get a Nexus 7. By selling my crapple hardware I effectively took (2) sales away from Apple which is their primary margin maker.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Ya they can't do that until their contract runs out though without facing other legal issues.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will simply supply their components to other companies who are building their own devices, Amazon, MS, Google, etc. etc. As for infringing, Tim Cook doesn't have the balz to go after Google directly so he keeps skirting around by attacking Samsung. Bottom line is if Samsung is infringing so is every other Android OEM and Google as well so go BIG or GO HOME.

Apple can't go after Google. Google has the resources the completely destroy Apple. Everyone sees Apple as this all mighty powerful business entity, which they kind of are. But at the same time Google has their hands in so many things is not even funny. Few people realize how Google revolutionized the internet, and basically did it by having so many of their products and services for free. It's pretty amazing really. Also compare Google's work environment to Apple's. Apple's facility is in China, with suicide nets around the building. Google has a nap room, video game room and has been named one of the best companies to work for period. Even with the high stress working for the company brings. Google is FAR more powerful than Apple, they just do it more quietly. They don't need a web cast for every out of date "new" product they announce comes out.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple can't go after Google. Google has the resources the completely destroy Apple. Everyone sees Apple as this all mighty powerful business entity, which they kind of are. But at the same time Google has their hands in so many things is not even funny. Few people realize how Google revolutionized the internet, and basically did it by having so many of their products and services for free. It's pretty amazing really. Also compare Google's work environment to Apple's. Apple's facility is in China, with suicide nets around the building. Google has a nap room, video game room and has been named one of the best companies to work for period. Even with the high stress working for the company brings. Google is FAR more powerful than Apple, they just do it more quietly. They don't need a web cast for every out of date "new" product they announce comes out.

true but all of this is irrelevant
in legal disputes the only thing that matters is cash and apple has a lot more of it

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am so tired of Apple and their lawsuits. This is way out of hand. I wouldn't use an Apple product even if someone gave it to me. I do prefer Android. I hope Apple gets what they deserve...to lose. Rotten to their core....shame on them!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Me too...sent from a lost soul using apple maps.....

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes they do. You tie Google and all their manufactures together and Apple is a ant. In this day, information is gold, and Google has, and continues to win that game.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
in legal disputes the only thing that matters is cash and apple has a lot more of it

Not true, because Google is more than just Google. Google also has the backing of all it's manufacturers as well. Google has its hands in things most people don't even realize.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Most of these companies have more than enough cash to fight any legal battle. Even RIM was fighting it out recently.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not true, because Google is more than just Google. Google also has the backing of all it's manufacturers as well. Google has its hands in things most people don't even realize.

In a fridge full of technology Google is the milk. No matter what device is in there they eventually have to pour a little El Goog onto their cereal or mix it in to make bread. They are a tech staple. Apple is a piece of cake. It relies on many other things to make it work.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums