11-30-2012 09:02 AM
449 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    That's not a guarantee, I ordered mines on Oct 26th, was charged on Nov 26th and VZ still has yet to send me a tracking number and hv no idea when my device will be sent out...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I've had a phone show up at my doorstep before it even was into the system. Given, this was a couple years ago so I could just be being positive for ya.... Hopefully you still get it tomorrow!
    11-28-2012 01:25 PM
    I don't understand people who feel the need to go into the store and risk not getting it due to lack of stock or colors. Why wouldn't you preorder it and guarantee yourself color and receiving it on or before release date.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I can tell you the reason I am going to the store is I am buying it full retail (don't want to lose my data plan) and I don't want to pay the full ride at once - I can put up to $400 on my account so I can split it up into two payments - makes my life a lot easier....
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    11-28-2012 01:36 PM
    Wish I got mine from PA...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    11-28-2012 01:36 PM
    I don't understand people who feel the need to go into the store and risk not getting it due to lack of stock or colors. Why wouldn't you preorder it and guarantee yourself color and receiving it on or before release date.
    I don't understand either. You pre-order it to guarantee you'll get one. You just have to have the patience to sit tight and wait for it to get to you. Unfortunately, patience seems to be a lost virtue in our immediate gratification society.

Those who see it parked in Memphis for a long time:
    It will go on a plane later today, maybe even after midnight. Then it will be at a distribution center, perhaps trucked to a closer distribution center in the wee hours, and then on truck for delivery.
    You will only briefly catch it at your closest distribution center before it shows Out For Delivery.
    2nd day delivery basically means "We can move at molasses speed picking it up and getting it ready for the plane, then we treat it like Overnight delivery".

Bob G
    Thanks for the info. Confirms what I was thinking is most likely taking place.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    11-28-2012 01:42 PM
    Those who see it parked in Memphis for a long time:
    It will go on a plane later today, maybe even after midnight. Then it will be at a distribution center, perhaps trucked to a closer distribution center in the wee hours, and then on truck for delivery.
    You will only briefly catch it at your closest distribution center before it shows Out For Delivery.
    2nd day delivery basically means "We can move at molasses speed picking it up and getting it ready for the plane, then we treat it like Overnight delivery".

Bob G
    Thanks for clarifying that, good sir. I was wondering what the hell was going on haha.

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)
    11-28-2012 01:43 PM
    I got mine, or at least an attempt was made (Baltimore, MD). So they are ahead of schedule. If yours read on the truck in transit, good chance an attempt will be made today. Another trip to Sparks MD for a late night pickup.
    Good Luck Notarians
    11-28-2012 01:57 PM
    Question to those of you that received it already.
    What is the model number?

I won't get mine until tomorrow, but I want to make sure I have the correct root method prepared, since that will be one of the first things I do.
    I want to root right away too, what method are you going to be using? I was checking the Auto-Root one out but not sure this will work with the VZW flavor. I would like to find a root method that leaves the stock recovery in place but gives me root access.
    11-28-2012 02:09 PM
    I want to root right away too, what method are you going to be using? I was checking the Auto-Root one out but not sure this will work with the VZW flavor. I would like to find a root method that leaves the stock recovery in place but gives me root access.
    It's unclear at the moment. After seeing the model number I checked the chainfire thread, and that model isn't listed, same with galaxynote2root.com.
    11-28-2012 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I'm doing it to upgrade my wife's line, then move my line to it and make my current Rezound her line so that I can keep my data. Seemed too tricky to do out of the store. As the insider, do you agree? Or could I get it elsewhere then come in to switch (I'm assuming I need to come in because she'll need a SIM as she'll be coming from a DroidX.)
    11-28-2012 02:28 PM
    OK - it's here. Thanks FedEx. The verizon logo is not obnoxious on the grey version and no, there are no earbuds Let me get the thing activated and hook up to my home router, then I'll answer more questions
    11-28-2012 03:09 PM
    Still stinks that I live in Nashville and Memphis is only 4 hours away yet arrival is still set for tomorrow!
    11-28-2012 03:19 PM
    OK - it's here. Thanks FedEx. The verizon logo is not obnoxious on the grey version and no, there are no earbuds Let me get the thing activated and hook up to my home router, then I'll answer more questions
    Do you live in TN?
    11-28-2012 03:20 PM
    Sucks, I was pleasantly surprised that I got my tracking number at 10 pm and delivery was next day.. I'm in South Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-28-2012 03:20 PM
    My shipping info just updated (was stuck at Memphis, TN since last night). It now says:

"2:29 pm Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN"
    11-28-2012 03:24 PM
    Nov 28, 2012 1:46 PM
    Departed FedEx location
    Anyone think I will get this tonite? Im in Nashville? Bout 4 hours away????
    11-28-2012 03:30 PM
    Do you live in TN?
    Ellicott City, MD. Baltimore/DC metroplex, about 10 minutes from BWI. Although I did grow up in Memphis/Jackson.
    11-28-2012 03:32 PM
    Ellicott City, MD. Baltimore/DC metroplex, about 10 minutes from BWI. Although I did grow up in Memphis/Jackson.
    11-28-2012 03:33 PM
    You pre-order it to guarantee you'll get one. You just have to have the patience to sit tight and wait for it to get to you. Unfortunately, patience seems to be a lost virtue in our immediate gratification society.

I agree - sort of. I don't mind waiting and I won't about it. BUT, I hate the fact that I got up in the middle of the night a month ahead of time to order as early as I could, just so that I get my phone THE SAME DAY as it's available in stores!!!

I always thought pre-ordering gave us SOME little perks - like maybe getting it a week or even a few days before the general consumer. So much for thinking.

Oh wait - it's Verizon.
    11-28-2012 03:34 PM
    Cool only reason I asked is your username is volsfan!! No prob glad you got yours...
    11-28-2012 03:34 PM
    Cool only reason I asked is your username is volsfan!! No prob glad you got yours...
    Class of '91.
    11-28-2012 03:43 PM
    Class of '91.
    Cool
    11-28-2012 03:45 PM
    Class of '91.
    Class of '12

cant believe you old timer got your phone first, jk. we want pics! Its like having a baby isnt it, wait months and months and everyone wants to see pics
    11-28-2012 03:47 PM
    I agree - sort of. I don't mind waiting and I won't about it. BUT, I hate the fact that I got up in the middle of the night a month ahead of time to order as early as I could, just so that I get my phone THE SAME DAY as it's available in stores!!!

I always thought pre-ordering gave us SOME little perks - like maybe getting it a week or even a few days before the general consumer. So much for thinking.

Oh wait - it's Verizon.
    I think a lot of people misunderstand what a pre-order is. I've always understood it was just a way to ensure you will get a phone shipped to you no later than when they're going to be officially available and that you don't have to worry about whether a local store or anywhere else has them in stock. You just sit back and relax and wait to receive your phone.
    11-28-2012 03:48 PM
    My shipping info just updated (was stuck at Memphis, TN since last night). It now says:

"2:29 pm Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN"
    lol mine hasn't moved yet. I won't get it for years.
    11-28-2012 04:07 PM
    Mine is at the FedEx five minutes away and they won't let me pick it up. Said it is still in the container.
    11-28-2012 04:08 PM
449 ... 1112131415 ...