Officially Shipped Thread

Hank Hill

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
UPS 2nd Day Air, means what exactly? can anyone help me out here please.

It only means you will see it in 2 days at the longest. It could certainly arrive earlier. Don't bet on it but it does happen a lot. It depends on how far from the departure point and the area where you live. If you are in a low population area there is much less chance of getting a delivery early than if you live in a highly populated area that gets a lot of fedex deliveries.

jeandyangrand

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It only means you will see it in 2 days at the longest. It could certainly arrive earlier. Don't bet on it but it does happen a lot. It depends on how far from the departure point and the area where you live. If you are in a low population area there is much less chance of getting a delivery early than if you live in a highly populated area that gets a lot of fedex deliveries.

Well I live in NYC :) so yeah :) and my tracking still says "order processed: ready for UPS" smh

johnnyb0725

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Verizon Wireless employee here. I ordered mine this afternoon after a week long debate with myself. Just got S3 2 months ago, have it rooted with jelly bean. I finally caved this afternoon. Got notice it shipped today, should have it Thursday. I have such a phone addiction lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you guys. I'd be mashing my refresh button if I hadn't dumped VZW last week. I had a Note2 on preorder, got annoyed when it became clear that 11/29 was the earliest it would arrive, canceled and got a Lumia822 and returned that since Windows8 isn't complete enough for my taste. I went to T-Mobile, picked up a Note2 from them and am pretty pleased. I probably would've happily stayed if Verizon's handling of the Note2 didn't make it feel like a complete afterthought. I know they like to push their exclusives, and you're getting multi-window out of the box but those two things alone aren't worth a month's delay, IMO. I'm glad everyone's finally getting their Note2s though. It's a heck of a device. Samsung had better keep making these things.. I can't go back to a normal phone.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Once we all get our phones I can see these threads drying up for 2 or 3 days while we play with our new toys!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Card was charged on Sunday and I finally got tracking later this evening. Shipping to my office for Thursday :) and I will get that baby up and running asap. I have screen protectors, a simple case to use while I wait for the Otter Box Commuter case to actually begin shipping (got one on order with Amazon.com). Can't wait for Thursday.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Card was charged on Sunday and I finally got tracking later this evening. Shipping to my office for Thursday :) and I will get that baby up and running asap. I have screen protectors, a simple case to use while I wait for the Otter Box Commuter case to actually begin shipping (got one on order with Amazon.com). Can't wait for Thursday.

Seideo Active.....:D

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
read this: Spoke-hub distribution paradigm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and you will understand why it makes absolutely no difference how close you live to the origin point

back during my first degree (summers '84 & '85) there was only MEM and everything FedEx handled got routed through there. Bad logistics but great for poor starving college students humping cargo containers all night in steel toed tennis shoes :) $25/hour for running a load lifter and being restricted articles trained. Plus you got to drive past Kellog's on the way back to campus so you could smell nothing but Corn Flakes baking at 4:00 am.

Sorry for the thread jack :p

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
back during my first degree (summers '84 & '85) there was only MEM and everything FedEx handled got routed through there. Bad logistics but great for poor starving college students humping cargo containers all night in steel toed tennis shoes :) $25/hour for running a load lifter and being restricted articles trained. Plus you got to drive past Kellog's on the way back to campus so you could smell nothing but Corn Flakes baking at 4:00 am.

Sorry for the thread jack :p

Dang I would love to get even half of that wage right now!! BS in Marketing here and I made more money 10 years ago at my job in high school than I do now. Oh well, at least I will have a Note 2 soon!!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
it was a sweet part time gig. As you can imagine, very popular with the starving college student crowd. Of course, you had to work when FedEx sorted (I started at 10:00 pm typically and was lucky if we got done with primary sorting at 3:00 am), my 'office' was the belly cargo bay of a DC-10 (forget standing up unless you're in the main cargo area which I wasn't usually) and it was a little warm (Memphis can run hot & muggy in August - throw in 200 jets idling, taking off, landing, etc.). Oh, and I got my nose broken the last day I ever worked there (long story - someone didn't secure a hatch strut correctly). Plus restricted articles which could be anything from shotgun shells from the Remington plant in West Memphis to medical isotopes going to UCLA Medical Center (these were a few of my favorite things......... :p )

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this update.

Nov 27, 2012 9:12 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

So it took over 12 hours to get from the Verizon location in Memphis to the Fedex location in Memphis? At this rate we'll be lucky to have them by 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So I had it right :). Thanks. Well I had it right but my cousin just told me other wise and had me confused smh. But thanks again.

Yep you had it right, it's 2 days. Thanks for not taking that the wrong way too, when I re-read that later I was like Whoa that sounded rude lol.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this update.

Nov 27, 2012 9:12 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

So it took over 12 hours to get from the Verizon location in Memphis to the Fedex location in Memphis? At this rate we'll be lucky to have them by 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

noticed that on my tracking too......driving me mad all day.......

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone is at the local FedEx facility a few miles from my house and another package I am expecting today is at the same facility. I just may be lucky enough to get my phone today. Fingers crossed!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante