Officially Shipped Thread

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine changed to my local facility (about 5 miles away) at 8:04AM; but so far no "out for delivery!" I took today off so I hope it gets here soon!

Same here. It's sitting at a FedEx distribution center about 3 miles from my house.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Mei Ji Fei

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Early returns:
Great spead and multi tasking. So customizeable. The battery is out of this world. Still getting used to the features as I am new to Samsung and Jelly Bean.

Beware. When inserting a sd card from a previous phone phone may not read the actual files only the folders. If this happens, download Astro file manager. Rest assured however your files are there, they have to be moved from a folder "extSDCard" to "Sdcard0" and the files will be readable.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
On fedex truck for delivery!! Oh heck yeah. Its amazing that 5 months of waiting comes down to a matter of minutes.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine says it's at local Fedex facility as of 7:24am this morning. It should update to "Out for delivery" soon.

It seems Fedex's tracking info is delayed as I seem to recall in the past it would indicate more current status and not get "stuck" in a particular state for so long. Also, yesterday I signed up for e-mail notifications on status and have yet to receive any since the initial one when I first signed up. Truthfully though, from past experience with those, they're always very delayed anyway, but at least I'd get them. This time nothing. Odd

Just updated to "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" as of 8:18am. Will have it today! Probably very early afternoon as that's when Fedex typical comes around the house. Woohoo! :p I keep hearing what sounds like a truck outside, so I keep looking out the window. LOL

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" as of 8:18am. Will have it today! Probably very early afternoon as that's when Fedex typical comes around the house. Woohoo! :p I keep hearing what sounds like a truck outside, so I keep looking out the window. LOL

Same thing!! Every diesel truck I hear go by I jump up and look waiting. Nothing yet!!

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone that has received their Verizon Note 2 confirm that this Samsung widget at the top is missing? On the demo I played with at best buy it was missing so just wanted to confirm its missing on the officially released phones.

For those who don't know it will be called Digital Clock in the widgets. I saw there was a dual one but not the single one like shown in the screen shot.

View attachment 48719

FWIW its a stock widget on my Tmobile version. I'm using over the standard clock/weather widget.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So now I get to sit and wait for FedEx to deliver. Crossing my fingers that they don't screw up as they have occasionally ("Delivery Exception" anyone?).

Or, if I hadn't pre-ordered, I could walk into my local Verizon store and buy one at 9AM. As I did for my Blackberry Storm, my Motorola Droid, my Samsung Fascinate, my Motorola Razr, my Galaxy Nexus and my Galaxy s3.

So for the dubious advantage of not having to drive to the store, I get my phone 6-8 hours later, and I get to worry that (Gods of FedEx willing) I get it today at all.

What was I thinking???

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So now I get to sit and wait for FedEx to deliver. Crossing my fingers that they don't screw up as they have occasionally ("Delivery Exception" anyone?).

Or, if I hadn't per-ordered, I could walk into my local Verizon store and buy one at 9AM. As I did for my Blackberry Storm, my Motorola Droid, my Samsung Fascinate, my Motorola Razr, my Galaxy Nexus and my Galaxy s3.

So for the dubious advantage of not having to drive to the store, I get my phone 6-8 hours later, and I get to worry that (Gods of FedEx willing) I get it today at all.

What was I thinking???

You're assuming that a local store would have them in stock in the color you want, not to mention have to deal with that whole process, driving there, dealing with other customers and a sales associate and whether they'll allow you to pay full retail (if you want to). You avoid all that with the pre-order with the only negative that you have to wait for delivery. There are always positive/negatives either way. Pick your poison. :)

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You're assuming that a local store would have them in stock in the color you want<snip>
That's just my point, I'm in Silicon Valley, the stores around here get abundant stock... Never had a problem grabbing a new model on day one (even at the end of the day). Funny though, the only time I had to wait in a line (about 20 minutes) was for the Blackberry Storm, which was easily the least gratifying of all the phones I listed in my post.

I pre-ordered for two reasons:
  • To get the money out of my pocket, which didn't really happen 'cuz they don''t debit until they ship.
  • Because I like to unbox and setup the device myself instead of watching the store clerk trying to figure it out.

At least I'll win on one count!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
^^^ This is a big one for me too. Besides setting it up myself, I don't want anyone else?s mitts (read: fingerprints) on my phone!

Agreed completely. This Rep this morning was super nice but had no regard that we were dropping $1500 on 2 devices.