Anyone buying through Walmart [deal $100 gift card]

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Typically how long does it take for Walmart online division to get the phones after released on VZW? Mine will ship tomorrow from VZW but I am having second thoughts and buying through walmart to save $100 per phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Typically how long does it take for Walmart online division to get the phones after released on VZW? Mine will ship tomorrow from VZW but I am having second thoughts and buying through walmart to save $100 per phone.

And you have to have it by December 1st. WM doesn't have a good track record in getting the new releases very quickly. Just call them and see if they know any details.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered 2 Note 2 Titanium's from Walmart using Verizon as the carrier. It let me as a existing Verizon customer sign up for a new Verizion account with 2 $40 bill credits, 2 $100 Walmart Ecards and to port my old numbers over to the new account. We will see how this goes but is way more credits than I was getting as a existing customer and at the end even asked if I was a existing Verizon customer. I did this to get on the new data share from a old family share dumb phone plan and this was recommended by a Verizon CSR as my old account has me as the account holder and my wife as the primary account number. I have tried to change this for years and got no where except for a messed up bill for months. I will have to apply my employee discount to the account later. If it doesn't go through I will cancel and just go to a Verizon store. I am in no real hurry for these new phones but hope Walmart holds up the agreement on their end.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I called my local vzw store, and told them about walmart selling with 100 gift card. They "said" they were going to waive the activation fee and give me $50 accessory if I went through them. It'd be worth calling your store and asking for a manager.

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered 2 Note 2 Titanium's from Walmart using Verizon as the carrier. It let me as a existing Verizon customer sign up for a new Verizion account with 2 $40 bill credits, 2 $100 Walmart Ecards and to port my old numbers over to the new account. We will see how this goes but is way more credits than I was getting as a existing customer and at the end even asked if I was a existing Verizon customer. I did this to get on the new data share from a old family share dumb phone plan and this was recommended by a Verizon CSR as my old account has me as the account holder and my wife as the primary account number. I have tried to change this for years and got no where except for a messed up bill for months. I will have to apply my employee discount to the account later. If it doesn't go through I will cancel and just go to a Verizon store. I am in no real hurry for these new phones but hope Walmart holds up the agreement on their end.

Dumb question here, but what do you do with your existing Verizon account? Do you pay the $350 to cancel the account? Just asking because hubby and I both need new phones, but only have one upgrade available on our plan.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question here, but what do you do with your existing Verizon account? Do you pay the $350 to cancel the account? Just asking because hubby and I both need new phones, but only have one upgrade available on our plan.

You could cancel the account and pay the appropriate termination fee or you could suspend the account without billing (and repeat this every 90 days) if you really really really don't want to pay the fee.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Why would you doubt tour decision? Its still Verizon. Still have all verizon does. They are a 3rd party retailer. That's awesome to be discounted

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Why would you doubt tour decision? Its still Verizon. Still have all verizon does. They are a 3rd party retailer. That's awesome to be discounted

If a verizon rep did this they can lose their job. That's not being honest. Its not legal. I sold wireless and this is an infraction if a Rep does this

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If a verizon rep did this they can lose their job. That's not being honest. Its not legal. I sold wireless and this is an infraction if a Rep does this

This was not met for you.sorry

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's not good or moral business practice. A Rep can be fired for doing such things. Just so you can have a new acct and upgrade? Ahhhh...I have seen employees terminated for such doings

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

My account is month to month as my old phones are the LG Dare's that are 4+ years old, so no ETF. This smart phone stuff will be all new to me and the wife. The only reason for holding out with the LG phones for so long was there was nothing out there that really excited us like the Samsung Note 2.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't doubt that I want a Verizon sgn2. I just doubt my decision to buy it direct from VZW and not get 200 in Walmart gift cards

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

jbwjbw

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
And you have to have it by December 1st. WM doesn't have a good track record in getting the new releases very quickly. Just call them and see if they know any details.

Luckily that's not true. You get the ecard (can be used on walmart.com or in the store) so long as you order the phone and it's approved (before the promotion ends) even if it's not shipped. Mine is back ordered and here was the e-mail I received:

Re: Walmart Wireless Order: xxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx,

Thanks for shopping with Walmart Wireless!

Response to our offer on the Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE this week was so great that we just depleted our inventory.

We know that you are anxious to receive your new phone; but unfortunately we can?t tell you at this time when your phone will ship. We are in regular contact with Verizon Wireless and hope that we?ll have a solid date to share with you soon.

We can tell you that:

? Your price is protected ? the price you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases
? Your phone is reserved ? we will ship all approved orders in the order in which they were received
? Your promotions will be honored ? any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled
? We will ship it immediately ? as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your phone and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support site with a FedEx tracking number.

We?ve had a chance to test drive the Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE and think you will be happy with your choice. It is a great phone that is packed with exciting new features that make it well worth the wait.

Thanks again for shopping with Walmart Wireless.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless​

For one I did not know I had friends at Walmart wireless.... but more importantly this part "Your promotions will be honored ? any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled"

jbwjbw

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't doubt that I want a Verizon sgn2. I just doubt my decision to buy it direct from VZW and not get 200 in Walmart gift cards

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

I was really waiting for a better deal myself, $300 is a lot of money. Once I learned about the Walmart wireless deal I figured that's the deal I'd been waiting for. Just hoping it wont be long before it actually ships.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Luckily that's not true. You get the ecard (can be used on walmart.com or in the store) so long as you order the phone and it's approved (before the promotion ends) even if it's not shipped. Mine is back ordered and here was the e-mail I received:

Re: Walmart Wireless Order: xxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx,

Thanks for shopping with Walmart Wireless!

Response to our offer on the Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE this week was so great that we just depleted our inventory.

We know that you are anxious to receive your new phone; but unfortunately we can?t tell you at this time when your phone will ship. We are in regular contact with Verizon Wireless and hope that we?ll have a solid date to share with you soon.

We can tell you that:

? Your price is protected ? the price you ordered is what you will pay regardless of whether the price increases
? Your phone is reserved ? we will ship all approved orders in the order in which they were received
? Your promotions will be honored ? any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled
? We will ship it immediately ? as soon as we receive the shipment, we will prioritize your phone and process it immediately. Once it has been packed, we will send you an email and update our Customer Support site with a FedEx tracking number.

We?ve had a chance to test drive the Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE and think you will be happy with your choice. It is a great phone that is packed with exciting new features that make it well worth the wait.

Thanks again for shopping with Walmart Wireless.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless​

For one I did not know I had friends at Walmart wireless.... but more importantly this part "Your promotions will be honored ? any promotions included as part of your order will be fulfilled"

Good info - I still wouldn't buy from Walmart, but that's just me. The Verizon store is matching the offer too. At least you got it, but no telling when you get the device.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Good info - I still wouldn't buy from Walmart, but that's just me. The Verizon store is matching the offer too. At least you got it, but no telling when you get the device.

Verizon is matching it? How? Just go to a store and tell them about the Walmart deal? I didnt hear of anyone getting a match?

thanks

Aaron Carter

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had pre-ordered on the 25th and then read on XDA that I could "pre-order" it through walmart on the 24th and I am one of those guys who looks for a deal on anything. Actually this would have been the first time that I have pre-ordered anything and not waited for the price to go down. I am too pumped for this phone. but then like most of you I got an e-mail saying their stock was depleted.. how many did they reserve like 10? anyway, it is a little frustrating not knowing how long it will be back ordered... I wouldn't mind waiting for it to ship until the end of next week for an extra $100 but who knows how long it will be. I have been following every update of this phone since beginning of august including watching their launch in germany... So close yet so far... haha

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I agree. I actaully bit on this deal sunday night and then got concerened after I received the email informing they were out
of stock. That along with the fact that you don't receive the gift "card" until feb was rather daunting, but then I read the quoted
post down below, checked some other sources, promptly cancelled, ordered with verizon this morning and it's on way for
thursday deliver. It wasn't worth the wait and the possible hastle as I need to use this phone on a different line. Just be aware
if you plan to change lines.
Stronggeek

Posted by Vegas863 at xda
"This may be an issue for some...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was all set to jump on this deal and then read some of the terms and conditions. For those of you who are looking to upgrade another line and then move the phone over to your line in order to keep your unlimited data, you could potentially trigger a fee of up to $400 by doing so. Please see the bolded text.

Instant Savings Discounts

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, Verizon Wireless notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our Satisfaction Guarantee.
Other than you simply deactivating a line we've activated, Verizon Wireless could notify us that you deactivated if:
You fail to pay Verizon Wireless in accordance with their terms and conditions
You transfer equipment we activate on one line to another Verizon Wireless line, even within the same account
You activate this equipment on a new line of service on Verizon Wireless and use it to replace an existing Verizon Wireless line by deactivating the existing line.

I'm guessing this won't be a problem if you transfer an eligible upgrade over to another line, since by doing such a transfer, it now ties the line that is taking the upgrade to the new data terms (e.g. removes grandfathered unlimited data). However, this is different than trying to circumvent the system and keep your unlimited data.

My fear is that this trigger doesn't happen within the 14 return period and then you are stuck with a phone on a different line than what you originally wanted. "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar