11-28-2012 08:56 PM
93 1234
tools
    Exactly! And Roll Tide!
    LOL I'm not from Alabama, I just live here. Go Dawgs! and Go Irish!
    11-27-2012 04:26 PM
    I bet you Samsung does benefit from the logo placement, they charge money to put it on for Verizon!

The Nottinator
    11-27-2012 04:26 PM
    I bet you Samsung does benefit from the logo placement, they charge money to put it on for Verizon!

The Nottinator
    lol I give you a ton of credit for pointing that out
    ...but i doubt thats the case
    Markster1 likes this.
    11-27-2012 04:27 PM
    You are clearly uneducated in regards to this issue (or as your grammar suggests, in general)

Its not about the logo itself
    Its about the control Verizon has over the device manufacturer
    I have dealt with it all my life with Chevron and Midas. I am very educated in product branding. And your issues aren't about Verizon having control over the manufacturer or the product. Otherwise you wouldn't buy it. If you buy it you're supporting branding.

Do you think scratching it off fixes everything. Does that make you a non branding supporter. No it doesn't! You're a contradiction.! In your case its about the logo!
    PS. You help me with my grammar and I will help find you a proctologist.
    Joe the Insider and infmethod like this.
    11-27-2012 04:32 PM
    I have dealt with it all my life with Chevron and Midas. I am very educated in product branding. And your issues aren't about Verizon having control over the manufacturer or the product. Otherwise you wouldn't buy it. If you buy it you're supporting branding.

Do you think scratching it off fixes everything. Does that make you a non branding supporter. No it doesn't! You're a contradiction.! In your case its about the logo!
    I never claimed that by scratching the logo off it alleviates the underlying problem
    it's simply a preference...

I could of made (and did) the exact same argument in regards to the bootloader
    would later unlocking it via a leak be a contradiction? No

I think you need to look up the word "contradiction"
    11-27-2012 04:40 PM

I need a LOL button.

The Nottinator
    11-27-2012 04:46 PM

LOL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    flipster likes this.
    11-27-2012 04:48 PM
    Hahahaha this dude is talking about people having poor grammar skills but he just said "I would of..." Hahahaha what a tool.

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)
    Markster1 and wpd805 like this.
    11-27-2012 05:43 PM
    Go Dawgs!

Exactly! And Roll Tide!
    11-27-2012 07:02 PM
    Can you confirm whether the app/widget screen and homescreens have continuous scrolling like the GS3?

I just got to play with one & unfortunately no, it does not keep scrolling. When you get all the way to the left or right side, it stops with a slight bending affect.
    11-27-2012 08:12 PM
    I just got to play with one & unfortunately no, it does not keep scrolling. When you get all the way to the left or right side, it stops with a slight bending affect.
    That stinks! One of my favorite features with any launcher.

I bet Verizon made Samsung take that feature away. Lol
    11-27-2012 08:36 PM
    Exactly! And Roll Tide!
    Yes, but only because I really, really don't like Notre Dame. Mine arrives by 2pm tomorrow (in the store). w00t.
    11-27-2012 08:48 PM
    I will never get the 90 seconds back that it took me to read this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ToddL, karsdroid, Neal0790 and 1 others like this.
    11-27-2012 08:54 PM
    Son of a bish! Well now I don't know what to do. It's not that it's a feature that makes of breaks the phone but when I take the sum o things VZW has done with this phone from delayed launch, logo on home button, locked bootloader, and now this, I just can't bring myself to support that by buying it. It's the principle of it. Ill probably either pass or look at moving my five lines to AT&T. The SGS III has the feature, why screw with it.
    11-27-2012 09:27 PM
    Son of a bish! Well now I don't know what to do. It's not that it's a feature that makes of breaks the phone but when I take the sum o things VZW has done with this phone from delayed launch, logo on home button, locked bootloader, and now this, I just can't bring myself to support that by buying it. It's the principle of it. Ill probably either pass or look at moving my five lines to AT&T. The SGS III has the feature, why screw with it.
    Verizon had nothing to do with doing away with the continuous scroll. I am betting it has something to do with JB or altered UI. I don't know but if I were to guess all carriers probably have no continuous scroll. Hopefully they will add it to a future update.
    11-27-2012 09:38 PM
    And does anyone know if the continuous scrolling can be reinstated after rooting, by hacking using editors or something?
    11-27-2012 09:40 PM
    Verizon had nothing to do with doing away with the continuous scroll. I am betting it has something to do with JB or altered UI. Hopefully they will ad it to a future update.
    then why do the other note 2s w/ the other carriers have this feature?
    11-27-2012 09:41 PM
    Verizon had nothing to do with doing away with the continuous scroll. I am betting it has something to do with JB or altered UI. Hopefully they will ad it to a future update.
    But VZW SGS III has it and TMO Note II has it. I've used the TMO one a couple of times.
    11-27-2012 09:42 PM
    But VZW SGS III has it and TMO Note II has it. I've used the TMO one a couple of times.
    some people here just have no logic + a friend/family member working at verizon
    so they feel compelled to defend the company regardless of what the facts are
    11-27-2012 09:48 PM

Wah wah.... Stick to your iPhone, son!
    11-27-2012 09:50 PM
    I have a hard time believing Verizon would have Samsung take that feature from the Note II. To what benefit. Did the TMO unit have the multi task window update when you played with it? I am just wondering if you played with it before the update. I could see multi task window messing with it.
    11-27-2012 09:50 PM
    My T-Mobile Note 2 has continuous scrolling. One of the reasons I left Verizon for TMo is their poor handling (from my perspective) of the Note 2 launch. If the reason they delayed it was just to eff around with it, then they can keep them IMO.

Edit: The multi-window feature hasn't pushed out to T-Mobile's Note 2s yet. I don't see a reason why it would break that, and as far as I'm aware the international versions have both multi-window and continuous scrolling. It's sounding like this may be another Verizon request, but time will tell when updates push out to Notes on other carriers.
    superlawyer15 and JoJoCal19 like this.
    11-27-2012 09:52 PM
    I have a hard time believing Verizon would have Samsung take that feature from the Note II. To what benefit. Did the TMO unit have the multi task window update when you played with it? I am just wondering if you played with it before the update. I could see multi task window messing with it.
    I didn't know about that feature when I tried it out but from what I've read I don't think they have it yet. At the time I didn't know about that multitasking feature till my buddy infmethod told me about it.
    11-27-2012 09:54 PM
    My T-Mobile Note 2 has continuous scrolling. One of the reasons I left Verizon for TMo is their poor handling (from my perspective) of the Note 2 launch. If the reason they delayed it was just to eff around with it, then they can keep them IMO.
    Do you have the recent update for the multi windows?
    11-27-2012 09:54 PM
    Wah wah.... Stick to your iPhone, son!
    Hush. You should be thankful I talked you into leaving WinMo for Android back in the day
    infmethod likes this.
    11-27-2012 09:58 PM
93 1234