Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
And does anyone know if the continuous scrolling can be reinstated after rooting, by hacking using editors or something?

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon had nothing to do with doing away with the continuous scroll. I am betting it has something to do with JB or altered UI. Hopefully they will ad it to a future update.

But VZW SGS III has it and TMO Note II has it. I've used the TMO one a couple of times.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Son of a bish! Well now I don't know what to do. It's not that it's a feature that makes of breaks the phone but when I take the sum o things VZW has done with this phone from delayed launch, logo on home button, locked bootloader, and now this, I just can't bring myself to support that by buying it. It's the principle of it. Ill probably either pass or look at moving my five lines to AT&T. The SGS III has the feature, why screw with it.

Wah wah.... Stick to your iPhone, son!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
But VZW SGS III has it and TMO Note II has it. I've used the TMO one a couple of times.

I have a hard time believing Verizon would have Samsung take that feature from the Note II. To what benefit. Did the TMO unit have the multi task window update when you played with it? I am just wondering if you played with it before the update. I could see multi task window messing with it.

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My T-Mobile Note 2 has continuous scrolling. One of the reasons I left Verizon for TMo is their poor handling (from my perspective) of the Note 2 launch. If the reason they delayed it was just to eff around with it, then they can keep them IMO.

Edit: The multi-window feature hasn't pushed out to T-Mobile's Note 2s yet. I don't see a reason why it would break that, and as far as I'm aware the international versions have both multi-window and continuous scrolling. It's sounding like this may be another Verizon request, but time will tell when updates push out to Notes on other carriers.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time believing Verizon would have Samsung take that feature from the Note II. To what benefit. Did the TMO unit have the multi task window update when you played with it? I am just wondering if you played with it before the update. I could see multi task window messing with it.

I didn't know about that feature when I tried it out but from what I've read I don't think they have it yet. At the time I didn't know about that multitasking feature till my buddy infmethod told me about it.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My T-Mobile Note 2 has continuous scrolling. One of the reasons I left Verizon for TMo is their poor handling (from my perspective) of the Note 2 launch. If the reason they delayed it was just to eff around with it, then they can keep them IMO.

Do you have the recent update for the multi windows?

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Edit: The multi-window feature hasn't pushed out to T-Mobile's Note 2s yet. I don't see a reason why it would break that, and as far as I'm aware the international versions have both multi-window and continuous scrolling. It's sounding like this may be another Verizon request, but time will tell when updates push out to Notes on other carriers.

I thought I read somewhere that with continuous scrolling you get a screen refresh or something like that when scrolling jumps from end to first screen and vice versa. I am curious to see if the international version actually works.

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that with continuous scrolling you get a screen refresh or something like that when scrolling jumps from end to first screen and vice versa. I am curious to see if the international version actually works.

I believe there are a few youtube videos out there that demonstrate it(not on purpose, but in the normal course of the review) but I can't remember offhand which ones.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I was able to spend a few hours with a demo unit tonight. It's huge and awesome. I think maybe ill be selling my S3 to get one. The Titanium Grey is very nice.

The logo on the home button is really very small and I forgot about it after I gazed at that giant beautiful screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I seriously hope this thread and some of the obnoxious mess in here isn't going to be indicative of the community for the Note 2. I love the Android community as a whole but seriously people...personal attacks over a damn logo? Can we at least pretend to be civil and work towards the common goal of enjoying the phone we're all spending way too much money on?

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I seriously hope this thread and some of the obnoxious mess in here isn't going to be indicative of the community for the Note 2. I love the Android community as a whole but seriously people...personal attacks over a damn logo? Can we at least pretend to be civil and work towards the common goal of enjoying the phone we're all spending way too much money on?

So if u bought a ford truck, would u be upset if they had a huge ford logo painted on the hood?? FORD. Just saying. Seems similar type of advertisement going on

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Or u could just use nova launcher and turn it on.... Not that hard of a fix really

Third party launchers break most of the stock launcher features. I will miss the continuous scrolling but I wouldn't trade most of the Note II features to use a third party launcher.