Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
We will all know tomorrow but if its screen printed on then a sugar cube should be able to remove it without damaging the clear coat underneath

ignore those who b***h about people voicing their concerns
not only do these people not have the mental capacity to look past the surface and understand the underlying issues
but they likely have other motivations for defending verizon's clear and obvious anti-consumer practices

I like to think I have a little mental capacity, and the real problem I see is that no matter how much you don't like it, you still buy it.
Verizon thanks you for your patronage, and they will push forward to deliver products you aren't satisfied with so you can buy them again.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
you're right...
but if I were then to attack your position on an issue that I know nothing about;I deserve to be criticized for it

Criticism and personal attacks are two different things...

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would think the reverse might be true as control goes.

Samsung has managed to get their note 2 on almost every network out there. Also look at the GS3 which has outsold the iPhone 5.

Samsung is doing something right but kowtowing to the networks doesn't seem to be it.

You may see it differently, it doesn't matter to me, at least we live in a country where we don't have to tow the party line!

The Nottinator

Last edited:

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
that's perfectly fine if it doesn't matter to some people

but my problems lies in that most of those claim that they are ok with it fail to make the connection between the logo and other issues which all stem from verizon's control over samsung; some of those problems being far more damaging than just a printed logo (i.e locked bootloader, delayed release, etc.)

so I take issue with people blindly defending a company that is behaving to their detriment.

MK,
If you were to say VZW had control over Moto, or even HTC I could at least see some connection because of the Droid relationship.
But Samsung? After Apple Samsung is the company that VZW has the least control.
Samsung launched the S3 and GN2 on every carrier that would have it and in most cases before VZW.
The delayed release doesn't hurt Samsung. There product was available on the other networks and VZW customers knew it was coming so they lost few if any sales.
How does the delayed release hurt VZW customers?
A little anxiety over waiting for the device...
Envy in watching the other carrier customers play with their phones...
Where is the damage to the VZW customer?
What I see is a GN2 that is launched with the Dual View Multi-Tasking feature already updated.
I see AT&T GN2 owners complaining about not having the update.

Samsung knows VZW will put it's logo on their phones, as do all carriers. You really think Samsung cares that they put it on the Home button?
They took the best location, front and center, for themselves. Most other carriers chose the back but VZW likes the front of most phones.
Would you feel better if it was the Samsung logo on the Home button?

I don't like all VZW decisions and think they are much too conservative.
But in this case I don't see them wielding some huge control over Samsung.

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
MK,
If you were to say VZW had control over Moto, or even HTC I could at least see some connection because of the Droid relationship.
But Samsung? After Apple Samsung is the company that VZW has the least control.
Samsung launched the S3 and GN2 on every carrier that would have it and in most cases before VZW.
The delayed release doesn't hurt Samsung. There product was available on the other networks and VZW customers knew it was coming so they lost few if any sales.
How does the delayed release hurt VZW customers?
A little anxiety over waiting for the device...
Envy in watching the other carrier customers play with their phones...
Where is the damage to the VZW customer?
What I see is a GN2 that is launched with the Dual View Multi-Tasking feature already updated.
I see AT&T GN2 owners complaining about not having the update.

Samsung knows VZW will put it's logo on their phones, as do all carriers. You really think Samsung cares that they put it on the Home button?
They took the best location, front and center, for themselves. Most other carriers chose the back but VZW likes the front of most phones.
Would you feel better if it was the Samsung logo on the Home button?

I don't like all VZW decisions and think they are much too conservative.
But in this case I don't see them wielding some huge control over Samsung.

I voted with my wallet and I'm happy with my decision. Waiting may not hurt the VZW customer much, but it may hurt Verizon even if it's minor. I canceled my line with Verizon, went to T-Mobile and bought my Note2 from them.

My line wasn't anything special, it's just me and my few GB of shared data. But it was worth $75/mo + the $350 for the device. If even just 100 people like me nationwide did what I did, that's over $200,000 they're out. It's pocket change for a company like Verizon but I imagine there are many more than 100 people who jumped ship over their handling of the GN2 launch.

Ultimately its only a phone but things like this will sour customer's views of Verizon and as other carriers put money into their networks and expand coverage, mistakes like this may really come back to bite them.

Last edited:

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I voted with my wallet and I'm happy with my decision. Waiting may not hurt the VZW customer much, but it may hurt Verizon even if it's minor. I canceled my line with Verizon, and went to T-Mobile
My major point was that Verizon didn't have control over Samsung.
Samsung diminished Verizon's power by launching on all major US carriers.

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My major point was that Verizon didn't have control over Samsung.
Samsung diminished Verizon's power by launching on all major US carriers.

It's a valid point, and it's hard to determine if it's the Samsung tail wagging the Verizon dog or the other way around. On the one hand we can say that Samsung has released the Note2 on five US carriers, with three of them being earlier launches(TMo, Sprint, US Cellular), and two being delayed(ATT and VZW) and thus are demonstrating their power over the carriers. On the other we can say that Verizon was calling the shots related to their release due to a number of changes that appear to be unique to the Verizon model such as the branded home button, and the issue of continuous scrolling (here's a video that demonstrates continuous scrolling and multi-window on an international Note2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tOkl2i21_E See minute mark 2:05 for scrolling and 4:50 for multi-window to end the speculation that having multi-window removes the scrolling functionality).

Verizon's nonchalant attitude about releasing their version a full month after the first carriers and also accommodate the release of what some would consider a direct competitor, the Droid DNA, implies that Verizon really couldn't have cared less about when they released the Note2 and that Samsung really had no say in the matter. But again, ultimately it's just a phone and I agree that there's no real 'damage' done to us (the consumers). The point I was trying to get across is that for many people, myself included, the experience may have soured them on Verizon and that may lead to people who settled for being jerked around this time to re-evaluate their decisions about Verizon if they try and do this again with another non-exclusive device. What may be only a few hundred subscribers jumping ship over the handling of this launch could turn into many thousands the next time they go to play favorites.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my rear, and it's immaterial now anyway since people are finally getting their hands on the phone but it makes me wonder if there will be enough of a backlash over this to force Verizon to be a little more considerate of the people who give up their money for Verizon's services. I'm not holding my breath.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a valid point, and it's hard to determine if it's the Samsung tail wagging the Verizon dog or the other way around. On the one hand we can say that Samsung has released the Note2 on five US carriers, with three of them being earlier launches(TMo, Sprint, US Cellular), and two being delayed(ATT and VZW) and thus are demonstrating their power over the carriers. On the other we can say that Verizon was calling the shots related to their release due to a number of changes that appear to be unique to the Verizon model such as the branded home button, and the issue of continuous scrolling (here's a video that demonstrates continuous scrolling and multi-window on an international Note2: Samsung Galaxy Note II Review - YouTube See minute mark 2:05 for scrolling and 4:50 for multi-window to end the speculation that having multi-window removes the scrolling functionality).

Verizon's nonchalant attitude about releasing their version a full month after the first carriers and also accommodate the release of what some would consider a direct competitor, the Droid DNA, implies that Verizon really couldn't have cared less about when they released the Note2 and that Samsung really had no say in the matter. But again, ultimately it's just a phone and I agree that there's no real 'damage' done to us (the consumers). The point I was trying to get across is that for many people, myself included, the experience may have soured them on Verizon and that may lead to people who settled for being jerked around this time to re-evaluate their decisions about Verizon if they try and do this again with another non-exclusive device. What may be only a few hundred subscribers jumping ship over the handling of this launch could turn into many thousands the next time they go to play favorites.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my rear, and it's immaterial now anyway since people are finally getting their hands on the phone but it makes me wonder if there will be enough of a backlash over this to force Verizon to be a little more considerate of the people who give up their money for Verizon's services. I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the video! I watched the whole video and enjoyed it. I noticed the video made reference to a 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb model and wonder if the larger size versions will be available in the near future? I laughed out loud when he took out the stylus pen to the sound of a Jedi light saber, so funny!

himurastewie

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the video! I watched the whole video and enjoyed it. I noticed the video made reference to a 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb model and wonder if the larger size versions will be available in the near future? I laughed out loud when he took out the stylus pen to the sound of a Jedi light saber, so funny!

I thought the lightsaber sound was a nice touch also. As for the versions with larger internal memory, as far as I know they haven't been released outside of Korea(or the international market in general, I'm not entirely sure which) yet but there are some rumors swirling that we in the US of A may be getting a 32gb model at some point down the road.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What's the big deal about the carriers logo. How ridiculous to get bent out over something so trivial. The logo doesn't bother me. Gets sprint sales reps off my back when o tell them I am not leaving verizon

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

You're injecting your subjective opinion into an argument on subjective opinion, and somehow you think you're right and they're wrong. Interesting.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance