Anyone preorder with Wirefly?

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should have expected a 3rd party retailer not to ship until Verizon technically "releases" the Galaxy Note 2, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had any more result than I have with Wirefly. I ordered a while back, and the status hasn't moved from "Approved - Awaiting Inventory" since I first ordered it. I tried checking in with chat support yesterday, and here is the service I got.

http://i.imgur.com/4path.jpg

I realize now getting this ASAP isn't the end of the world, but I think I'm in good company here when I say that a little bit TOO excited to get this phone, and really want to know where my order stands.

Oh, and the reason I ordered with Wirefly was their website showed the phone as "in stock" when I first placed the order, so I figured they'd ship as soon as they could. They also offered the phone for $280, without tax in FL, and Bank of America had a $50 cash back program with them. From what I could figure all of this would end up putting me at around $250 out of pocket after activation, whereas Walmart's deal would have set me at $350 with a $100 gift card.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't receive their stock until the "official" release. In fact, it may be a few days after. Be very careful with Wirefly.

EDIT: I just read your on-line chat session - it seems she/he was beating around the bush and tap dancing at the same time. :eek:

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't receive their stock until the "official" release. In fact, it may be a few days after. Be very careful with Wirefly.

EDIT: I just read your on-line chat session - it seems she/he was beating around the bush and tap dancing at the same time. :eek:

Ugh, I'm tempted to check with the local dealers and walmart to see where else I can get a decent deal for it when its released tomorrow.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry for the delay and I can appreciate your excitement about this phablet! We are not able to ship this phone until the official release date - per our agreement with the carrier. Once we are able to ship phones to our customers, we will. Let me know if you have any specific questions about your order and I will be happy to assist you!

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry for the delay and I can appreciate your excitement about this phablet! We are not able to ship this phone until the official release date - per our agreement with the carrier. Once we are able to ship phones to our customers, we will. Let me know if you have any specific questions about your order and I will be happy to assist you!

Okay, that's really what I was trying to figure out, but man did I get the run around with that CSR! Do you anticipate having the phone stocked and ready to ship at the official release date?

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry you got the run around - I will review the chat and have management review it as well. At this time, (which is the most current information I have) we have been told we can expect to ship on launch date. That is, of course, subject to change due to any issues from/with the carrier, as we receive our phones from the carrier. They will always make sure they receive the phones before we do. You are welcome to check back with me, PM me your order number and I will do my best to keep you appraised of the situation. I wish I had more info to provide, but honestly at this time, I don't.

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry you got the run around - I will review the chat and have management review it as well. At this time, (which is the most current information I have) we have been told we can expect to ship on launch date. That is, of course, subject to change due to any issues from/with the carrier, as we receive our phones from the carrier. They will always make sure they receive the phones before we do. You are welcome to check back with me, PM me your order number and I will do my best to keep you appraised of the situation. I wish I had more info to provide, but honestly at this time, I don't.

I sent you a PM yesterday afternoon, but haven't heard back. Please respond when you're able!

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just go to Verizon and get it.

Really considering it at this point, but my official Verizon Wireless store down the street wouldn't budge on this thing over the phone. $83 is worth a bit of hassle to me. I'm waiting to give an authorized retailer a call back, as they said they get their shipments in the afternoon. May end up buying one there, since Wirefly won't be straight with any news (good or otherwise).

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in responding....i was having issues reponding to posts here in AndroidCentral. They just got it resolved. Mea Culpea! Unfortunately I have checked with our distribution center manager and they have not received the shipment of GS Note 2's today, so they aren't shipping today. I am very sorry about this....

Asterisk

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
^ How can you guys not know when the shipping is expected?.. Are you working in the same company or what? Doesn't logistics dept. have that info or they are dicks enough not to share it with sales?.. I find it very poorly managed.

In my company if I need to find out dates - I go to our logistics dept guy and ask him. He looks up the schedule or calls people and finds out dates for me, expected or promised or w/e. But he has some kinda answer.

"They aren't shipping today." isn't the answer.

jopi

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
When is the shipment expected?

I blame verizon for this . They delayed the phone an extra month deliberately to push the dna and avoid discounting the device. Same goes for their stupid logo on the home button. They are acting up like children trying to spite samsung.

Last edited:

veeshan28

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So as I posted in another thread, my current Droid 3 was having bigger and bigger issues, to the point where I couldn't really communicate with people I needed to while planning for a weekend event. I heard about Best Buys extended price match/return policy for the holiday season and stopped over there last night to make my purchase.

I appreciate Wirefly's posts, but I did what I thought I needed to.

rumcho

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey, wirefly, how much longer are we going to wait to get the Note 2 for VRW???
Let us know because if I have to wait more than another week I'm cancelling my order with wirefly.com. This is bu11sh1t

jopi

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, wirefly, how much longer are we going to wait to get the Note 2 for VRW???
Let us know because if I have to wait more than another week I'm cancelling my order with wirefly.com. This is bu11sh1t

Please do cancel your order so mine gets bumped up one. =)

sadielrojas

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for shopping with Wirefly Friends and Family Store!

Just a quick note to let you know that we received confirmation from Verizon Wireless that your Samsung Galaxy Note II White - 4G LTE is due to arrive in our distribution center Monday, 12/3. Once it lands in our facility, it will be shipped out within the hour. We will send you an email as soon as it is ready to ship.

iI just received this email

rumcho

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Just a quick note to let you know that we received confirmation from Verizon Wireless that your Samsung Galaxy Note II White - 4G LTE is due to arrive in our distribution center Monday, 12/3. Once it lands in our facility, it will be shipped out within the hour. We will send you an email as soon as it is ready to ship.

Yep! Me too! Pheeeeeww!!! I was looking at another month before I got that.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Yep! Me too! Pheeeeeww!!! I was looking at another month before I got that.

You both got white??