03-12-2013 07:40 PM
118 12345
tools
    Bass I bet you and I will cry from trying to figure the root thing out. God help us

LOL. I know right. Is there anything out there yet. I see a video,but it states t-mobile
    12-03-2012 11:37 PM
    I will be writing it up soon, its just that i didnt get my Adviser tools tonight and i have been at work. plus its going to be pretty thorough to be newb friendly so it is not going to be something i can throw together in a couple mins. ill do my best to get it up as soon as possible, Sorry for the hold up
    NHBass39 likes this.
    12-03-2012 11:40 PM
    I will be writing it up soon, its just that i didnt get my Adviser tools tonight and i have been at work. plus its going to be pretty thorough to be newb friendly so it is not going to be something i can throw together in a couple mins. ill do my best to get it up as soon as possible, Sorry for the hold up
    No problem. I'll wait for your write up. I know you will make it newb friendly. Thanks
    12-03-2012 11:42 PM
    To the person saying we shouldn't root until its one click, you are right and definitely not mean!!!
    12-04-2012 12:18 AM
    To the person saying we shouldn't root until its one click, you are right and definitely not mean!!!
    I dont think it will ever be One click
    12-04-2012 12:34 AM
    Not to cross post between forums, but its best to give credit where it is due. You can visit this link [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root the VZW Galaxy Note II and more! - xda-developers and the first post is all about rooting, files needed and procedure. As for modding .apk's to work with multiview well that is on the first page as well.
    12-05-2012 12:27 PM
    Not to cross post between forums, but its best to give credit where it is due. You can visit this link [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root the VZW Galaxy Note II and more! - xda-developers and the first post is all about rooting, files needed and procedure. As for modding .apk's to work with multiview well that is on the first page as well.

True but I'm waiting for DroidXcon to write it for a newbie.
    12-05-2012 12:51 PM
    No worries Raptor i will make sure credits and links will be given to original Devs
    12-05-2012 01:04 PM
    I dont think it will ever be One click
    Samsung phones rarely are. It's easier to inject an odin image than come up with an exploit. I think we're moving away from exploit based rooting anyway. I'd be very happy if Google ever gave us a legit way to root or took away the need to. Back on topic, if anyone needs help with the process and doesn't feel like waiting you can hit me up on GTalk and I'll talk you through it. If you have the files downloaded the whole process takes like 10 minutes(if that)
    NHBass39 and beefchopper like this.
    12-05-2012 01:10 PM
    Samsung phones rarely are. It's easier to inject an odin image than come up with an exploit. I think we're moving away from exploit based rooting anyway. I'd be very happy if Google ever gave us a legit way to root or took away the need to. Back on topic, if anyone needs help with the process and doesn't feel like waiting you can hit me up on GTalk and I'll talk you through it. If you have the files downloaded the whole process takes like 10 minutes(if that)
    i meant never be 1 click without using odin. sorry,,, yeah people dont have to wait for my tutorial, its not hard and MrSmith offered his help so go for it.
    12-05-2012 01:14 PM
    I've rooted a number of different phones for myself and my friends, and this has got to be one of the easiest I've ever rooted.
    12-05-2012 01:55 PM
    I've rooted a number of different phones for myself and my friends, and this has got to be one of the easiest I've ever rooted.
    It isn't difficult at all.
    The easiest I've ever rooted though was the Droid2. I was able to root that using the command line on the Droid2.
    12-05-2012 02:07 PM
    The YouTube review of the note 2 said it would be a sin to root this device and that's coming from a developer

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    12-05-2012 02:11 PM
    The YouTube review of the note 2 said it would be a sin to root this device and that's coming from a developer

I have to assume the dev is actually referring to putting a custom ROM on it. Because without root, titanium backup doesn't work and access to the command line is limited.
    12-05-2012 02:19 PM

I have to assume the dev is actually referring to putting a custom ROM on it. Because without root, titanium backup doesn't work and access to the command line is limited.
    Pool shark is right, rooting wont change the functionality at all just gives you more options. They use the term "Root" very generally
    12-05-2012 02:30 PM
    Pool shark is right, rooting wont change the functionality at all just gives you more options. They use the term "Root" very generally
    i think you are right. here is the video. the part im talking about is at 9:30

12-05-2012 02:32 PM

i think you are right. here is the video. the part im talking about is at 9:30

]
    Yeah she is talking about changing the ROM not rooting
    Rooting just gives you superuser access, meaning you can change files that you could not before, but the functionality all stays the same
    12-05-2012 02:41 PM
    Yeah she is talking about changing the ROM not rooting
    Rooting just gives you superuser access, meaning you can change files that you could not before, but the functionality all stays the same
    Is there a video on it yet?
    12-05-2012 03:18 PM
    seeing that portion of the segment makes me want the wifi toggle on the bar. Boo.
    12-05-2012 05:43 PM
    seeing that portion of the segment makes me want the wifi toggle on the bar. Boo.
    Did you root yet?
    12-05-2012 06:28 PM
    Did you root yet?
    nope I'm too scared to do it. I'll probably wait a little bit. The only thing I would like resolved is removal of bloatware and the wifi toggle on the top
    12-05-2012 06:52 PM
    nope I'm too scared to do it. I'll probably wait a little bit. The only thing I would like resolved is removal of bloatware and the wifi toggle on the top
    would you like me to do it for you sudbury?
    12-05-2012 06:57 PM
    would you like me to do it for you sudbury?
    can u help me out to?
    12-05-2012 07:25 PM
    can u help me out to?
    Sure as long as you dont mind screen sharing, ill message you on what to do
    12-05-2012 07:30 PM
    Sure as long as you dont mind screen sharing, ill message you on what to do
    Thanks
    12-05-2012 07:32 PM
118 12345