Rooting the Verizon Note 2

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My N2 is parked somewhere in Memphis. For those who already have it I found this video at the following link on XDA Developers website:

"How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note II ? XDA Developer TV"

How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note II – XDA Developer TV – xda-developers

In the video he walks you through rooting the T-mobile version and provides the links. He mentions that the same can be done for Verizon.

Has anyone who's gotten the Verizon version already rooted their device and if so how did you do it?
Please post instructions especially links if you have them.

Thanks

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not that I have read yet and given Verizon's demands to keep the bootloaders locked down I expect it will take a day or two . . . maybe longer maybe less if Samsung leaks the source out for us like the GS3.

bretto13

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not that I have read yet and given Verizon's demands to keep the bootloaders locked down I expect it will take a day or two . . . maybe longer maybe less if Samsung leaks the source out for us like the GS3.

Already happened. LINK
Or at least that should be it. Not sure why it says ICS though because that would mean Ice Cream Sandwich...

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
wow that was fast, considering all the hoop-la we had to go through with HTC and the Rezound, GESH. I hope it all gets sorted pretty quick, Im going to miss wifi tether.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
First thing I'm doing when I get this thing is to root it(if I can). The people from the Rezound forum know me, and I'll put up as nice of a tutorial as possible.

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I also moved from the Rezound to the Note 2. Looks like a common move. I can also vouch for him, he is good at making tutorials.

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So who is going to be the first person to attempt this method? Get busy people, we need root asap!

I tried to think of something witty, but this is all I could come up with.

kenetics

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The cwm6-recory-n7100-121014.tar (this works for t-mobile, AT&T and international) fails with ODIN on Verizon Note 2. I hope someone releases a working version soon.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i thought i had read that samsung is the only company that rooting doesnt void your warranty. if thats the case, then why does verizon care?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
i thought i had read that samsung is the only company that rooting doesnt void your warranty. if thats the case, then why does verizon care?

Rooting only voids parts of your warranty. Verizon cares because they don't want to give away free tethering...which is free for all non-unlimited subscribers anyway.

On the root topic, root is in the works and by the looks of things we'll have it sooner rather than later.

Justin Tansky

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Rooting only voids parts of your warranty. Verizon cares because they don't want to give away free tethering...which is free for all non-unlimited subscribers anyway.

On the root topic, root is in the works and by the looks of things we'll have it sooner rather than later.
but with verizon no longer offering unlimited data why would they care if there is a tether your only going to suck down your data faster and make them more money? and when can we expect to see a root for verizon note 2, i just got it yesterday and love it but i definatly need this thing rooted!! =)

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
but with verizon no longer offering unlimited data why would they care if there is a tether your only going to suck down your data faster and make them more money? and when can we expect to see a root for verizon note 2, i just got it yesterday and love it but i definatly need this thing rooted!! =)

because a lot of people still have unlimited data grandfathered in

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i've been intentionally using verizon's network since they put in that annoying ongoing wifi notification

you're going to bother me, so i'm going to bother you = )

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
foxfi works on this phone for unrooted people. So far im really liking it, and dont plan on rooting until quiet a few roms are out and there is a noticeable difference between stock and rooted.

BrianAnim

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I too use foxfi and have the full version, so far it works fine and I'm not rooted. Even on my motorola droid 3 (rooted) I prefered foxfi over the rooted option. I would however like root to install adfree.

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just want to add that without root, my desire to own this phone goes down dramatically. Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely a fan of the hardware, pen, and screen size. What I am not a fan of is touchwiz and forced bloat apps. There are many little things I don't like about the skin that installing Nova only partially addresses. Bottom line is, if I could put a stock ROM of 4.1.2 on this phone and retain the pen functionality/apps, then I would be in phone heaven.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just want to add that without root, my desire to own this phone goes down dramatically. Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely a fan of the hardware, pen, and screen size. What I am not a fan of is touchwiz and forced bloat apps. There are many little things I don't like about the skin that installing Nova only partially addresses. Bottom line is, if I could put a stock ROM of 4.1.2 on this phone and retain the pen functionality/apps, then I would be in phone heaven.

They will root it eventually, probably much sooner than later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc