Rooting the Verizon Note 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a warning to anyone hoping to use this method.

It will roll back your firmware to a pre-release version. This is being used by devs to try to figure out how to offer root to normal users. Use this version at your own peril.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is a warning to anyone hoping to use this method.

It will roll back your firmware to a pre-release version. This is being used by devs to try to figure out how to offer root to normal users. Use this version at your own peril.

Poor jellydroid is really taking one for the team. He cant make calls for now

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
feel bad for the guy but we all appreciate his hard work for us to enjoy your phone even more so than we are alreadydo with this point.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
We officially have root !!!
thanks to the guys over at XDA Credit goes to MrRobinson and Beanstown101!!

Attachments

• Root.jpg
    Root.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i lost my unlimited data when i upgraded so it cant be around too much longer no? eventually every one will have to upgrade?

not if you buy your phones at full retail
or if you have a burn line that you use just for upgrades (this would effectively make your unlimited data $40/month, but still a better deal than anything else they offer)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence of and considering jumping in with root but also holding back to see what Adam Outler can do with the GN2 as he has done with previous devices.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
guys it isn't my intention to sound mean
but if you couldn't figure out how to mod the APK files to work with multi-view
i would hold off on trying to root on your own until someone releases a one click method

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I will be writing it up soon, its just that i didnt get my Adviser tools tonight and i have been at work. plus its going to be pretty thorough to be newb friendly so it is not going to be something i can throw together in a couple mins. ill do my best to get it up as soon as possible, Sorry for the hold up

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I will be writing it up soon, its just that i didnt get my Adviser tools tonight and i have been at work. plus its going to be pretty thorough to be newb friendly so it is not going to be something i can throw together in a couple mins. ill do my best to get it up as soon as possible, Sorry for the hold up

No problem. I'll wait for your write up. I know you will make it newb friendly. Thanks

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont think it will ever be One click

Samsung phones rarely are. It's easier to inject an odin image than come up with an exploit. I think we're moving away from exploit based rooting anyway. I'd be very happy if Google ever gave us a legit way to root or took away the need to. Back on topic, if anyone needs help with the process and doesn't feel like waiting you can hit me up on GTalk and I'll talk you through it. If you have the files downloaded the whole process takes like 10 minutes(if that)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones rarely are. It's easier to inject an odin image than come up with an exploit. I think we're moving away from exploit based rooting anyway. I'd be very happy if Google ever gave us a legit way to root or took away the need to. Back on topic, if anyone needs help with the process and doesn't feel like waiting you can hit me up on GTalk and I'll talk you through it. If you have the files downloaded the whole process takes like 10 minutes(if that)

i meant never be 1 click without using odin. sorry,,, yeah people dont have to wait for my tutorial, its not hard and MrSmith offered his help so go for it.