Rooting the Verizon Note 2

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted a number of different phones for myself and my friends, and this has got to be one of the easiest I've ever rooted.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted a number of different phones for myself and my friends, and this has got to be one of the easiest I've ever rooted.

It isn't difficult at all.
The easiest I've ever rooted though was the Droid2. I was able to root that using the command line on the Droid2.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The YouTube review of the note 2 said it would be a sin to root this device and that's coming from a developer

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The YouTube review of the note 2 said it would be a sin to root this device and that's coming from a developer

I have to assume the dev is actually referring to putting a custom ROM on it. Because without root, titanium backup doesn't work and access to the command line is limited.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I have to assume the dev is actually referring to putting a custom ROM on it. Because without root, titanium backup doesn't work and access to the command line is limited.

Pool shark is right, rooting wont change the functionality at all just gives you more options. They use the term "Root" very generally

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Pool shark is right, rooting wont change the functionality at all just gives you more options. They use the term "Root" very generally

i think you are right. here is the video. the part im talking about is at 9:30

Galaxy Note II REVIEW *All you need to know* (Note II vs S III vs Original Note) - YouTube

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

i think you are right. here is the video. the part im talking about is at 9:30

]

Yeah she is talking about changing the ROM not rooting
Rooting just gives you superuser access, meaning you can change files that you could not before, but the functionality all stays the same

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No worries DroidXcon your all good. As for removing bloatware, it can be scary and I agree with DroidXcon if you are not comfortable don't do it, and some users go overboard and remove way too much and cause issues. For me I will remove the basic stuff and back them up offline storage. As for custom ROM's this time around (if/when we get the bootloader unlocked) I am not sure I would go that route, I have to agree it would defeat the purpose of having this awesome S-Pen device without the S-Pen features, but that's me.