What plan are you guys/girls all on?

Neal0790

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Im eligible for a upgrade next month and plan on going for the note 2. Im grandfathered in to verizons unlimited data, but of course im going to loose it (in the end im actually going to pay $10 more a month and be limited to 2GB). For you guys that are grabbing the note 2, which data plan do you use? I looked on verizon at my history in the past few months and its says im averaging about 1-1.5GB on my iphone 4. I have wifi i go on at the house but im concerned with the note im going to be using more since i know i will use it alot more than my iphone. Plus i read that LTE phones tend to use more data. So im trying to get a feel of what plan i should jump on.

I know i can keep my unlimited plan if i pay retail price. But honestly paying $560 for the note after the credit for my iphone is a little much when it would only cost me $190 to upgrade.

Thanks to the people that respond.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Retail. Full unlimited continues. My upgrade month is next September so I worry about it then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Im eligible for a upgrade next month and plan on going for the note 2. Im grandfathered in to verizons unlimited data, but of course im going to loose it (in the end im actually going to pay $10 more a month and be limited to 2GB). For you guys that are grabbing the note 2, which data plan do you use? I looked on verizon at my history in the past few months and its says im averaging about 1-1.5GB on my iphone 4. I have wifi i go on at the house but im concerned with the note im going to be using more since i know i will use it alot more than my iphone. Plus i read that LTE phones tend to use more data. So im trying to get a feel of what plan i should jump on.

I know i can keep my unlimited plan if i pay retail price. But honestly paying $560 for the note after the credit for my iphone is a little much when it would only cost me $190 to upgrade.

Thanks to the people that respond.

I'm eligible for an upgrade now but I am not using it. I'll just pay the full retail price for the phone.

If you have to pay an extra $20 or $30 more per month, you'd save more by paying full retail than not.

I've used as much as 20gb in data in a month so I cannot get rid of unlimited or I'm up a creek.

Neal0790

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This whole thing has got me a little confused to be honest...

Say i dont upgrade my phone when my contract expires on december 19th will it renew into another unlimited data plan? or are they going to force me into one of there new plans?
Because im kind of confused on what would happen in two years when my new plan expires and i bought the phone outright.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as you don't sign a new 2 year contract, you will keep your unlimited. They can't get rid of that without your permission (signing a new contract).

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Kris is right, if you buy the phone outright and keep your unlimited data you will still have it two years from now. And there's no doubt about it that you will save more money in the long run if you keep unlimited data.

Neal0790

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Alright thats good to know. I guess i got some thing to think about. If i switched my plan i would be paying an extra $240 a year alone just in the bill along top of the $190 i would be paying to upgrade and only getting 2GB. $480 if i went the 4GB route..so i guess it does even out in the end.

I guess its just hard to think about throwing down so much on a phone for me. Its not really a money issue its just alot more than i would pay if i upgraded, but i guess its worth it if i really think about it.

Verizon did offer me $140 trade in credit for my iphone 4 so atleast that offsets some of the cost. I would sell it on CL but seems like its flooded with iphones already. The most it looks like i could get would be $200 anyways.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
you'll probably use my data when you have the bigger more functional screen......i love my s3 and am stoked for the larger note 2. i stream tv from my dish with my sling adapter, netflix, browsing, foxfi to tether my tablet and laptop, etc. this screen is so great i use my phone more than ever instead of laptop or even tablet. i will never willingly give up my unlimited data. i'm getting the note 2 on the dumb phone on my account that I only pay $10 a month for.....then i'll switch the note 2 to my number......next year when the note 3 comes out (haha) i'll finally have to go with retail prices, but it will be worth it :) Maybe by then verizon will have to cave back to unlimited options....ok not holding my breath!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If you do the math, assuming you keep the Note 2 for a solid 2 years straight or 24 months, here's the math:

$20 a month added from a tiered data plan and assuming overage charges (which you probably will get once you get this phone and tear it up with LTE and a quad core)

$20 x 24 = $480

Contract upgrade price of phone is $300

Full retail price of the phone is $700

You actually lose about $80 over the course of 2 years assuming you will pay an additional $10 a month from the tiered data plan, and an additional $10 a month from overage charges. This is a rough estimate, but in all reality you really aren't doing anything good for yourself by getting the phone on contract.

Me personally? I'm still rocking unlimited data and have been sitting on an upgrade since this past March. It's tempting to save $400 up front, but if I can't add new lines to my account to get the upgrade discount and keep unlimited data, then it's going to be full retail price for me for sure.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
For me switching plans was a no brainer. I thought I used a lot of data but I don't. I did have unlimited then switched to the 6gig. Just switched down to 4gig. I get a corporate discount. I was paying 163 unlimited. Now 116. I do use wifi when available. I don't stream but am a Pandora user. I also have CD's on my SD card
Paying full retail is nuts on a phone. At that price I can get a decent laptop. I rather be on contract. But its an individual choice. Eventually unlimited won't even be an option. Can be grandfathered for so long

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
its great that you don't mind throttling down your usage, jumping through hoops to stay under data quota to save money....definitely your personal choice to do so......

as for me, i want to USE the phone in any and all ways its possible to use it. at this point it would drive me crazy to worry, worry, worry over whether im on wifi so that i can stream a movie, tv, pandora, and then totally give up tethering. i would rather pay full retail for a fabulously featured phone and be able to use those features any day of the week......so worth it to me.

everyone has to decide what it is worth to them, i'm not willing and don't want to throttle my usage.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the share plan with 14GB of data for our (2) MiFi's and tablet, if I could just find a decent LTE capable Verizon tablet on Android I could move one of my MiFi's to that and save some money. But NOOOOOOOOO Verizon takes forever to get one and then it never gets updated so I will gladly stick to WiFi only and likely get the Nexus 10.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
im pretty lucky, my dad just got an IP5 on the new data plans. I have 2 dumb phones on the account my mom and grandma use. Both of those are eligble for an upgrade. The VZW rep I talked to in store said I could transfer 1 of those upgrades to the IP5, activate, deactivate, and activate the note2 on my unlimited. CHA CHA CHA!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
im pretty lucky, my dad just got an IP5 on the new data plans. I have 2 dumb phones on the account my mom and grandma use. Both of those are eligble for an upgrade. The VZW rep I talked to in store said I could transfer 1 of those upgrades to the IP5, activate, deactivate, and activate the note2 on my unlimited. CHA CHA CHA!

That's what I'm doing, I'm using the upgrade on my mother in law's line that I've paid for the last 2 years and getting me a note 2 (I think) to keep my unlimited data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca