Switching back and forth from Iphone 5 to Note 2?

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If i just use a sim card adapter, can I just switch the sim back and forth between an iphone 5 and the Note 2 before I decide to switch over permanently? I'm going to try Android for the first time and really like the idea of a larger device for my phone/tablet needs. Gonna try hard to kick the Apple habit.

jugghead62

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I also have the IPhone 5 and am looking forward to a screen that I can actually see. Jellybean is supposed to be awesome!
Also a friend of mine has the u
US Cellular Note 2 and when he let me browse with it, it was a pleasure. Size wasn't bad either and mine comes today so I am looking forward
To setting it up. Android has come a long ways! Maturing more every day. I think you will love it.

kangolslimm

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with a Verizon rep about this last night. I was told that devices can be activated/swapped on myverizon. Swapping SIM cards would be much easier.

s4mb4

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
so can you confirm that you DO NOT have to do anything with myverizon.com to make this switch? you can just pop sims in and out and everything works as expected?

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Swoping the SIM is all that you need to do and the device id will update on your account.

Sent from my busa!

Last edited:

kwjones

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
You can't always swap a sim. You have full size and mini. Note 2 has a mini sim card

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
yes, power down both devices, using sim card adapter, place iphone 5 nano sim into micro sim adapter, place into Note 2, turn it on and it works fine. The adapter is pretty flimsy and I suspect would break pretty easily if done too often but it works. A better way, is to make sure both sims are not killed by Verizon, then just switch back and forth online. I've since returned my Note 2 but am thinking I gave up on it too early and considering trying one again.